Any basketball card collectors?

Any of yall collect basketball cards? i've been on this since i was little and just pulled a Kevin Durant Autograph
pimp.gif
a few min. ago so i thougt i'd ask and see if anyone else collects...

title is misleading; at first i thought you meant actual basketballs and clicked on this post in case you meant something else. i used to collect basketballcards in middle school, but stopped a long time ago. i bought two packs since then for old times sake and didn't get much. got a numbered dwade and some kgcard, but nothing too big.
i still remember my fav card that i pulled when i went with to my cousins place and we went to get cards. it was some gold mj card when he had the #45 and ithink when i pulled it then it was worth $45 in beckett, or some kind of similar magazine.

dang, thats a sick pull!!! i used to collect i have alot at my parents house, but i have not bought a pack in a while.

i havent bought/traded in over 5 years.... I got a book fully dedicated to MJ... about 300 + cards... Got one for the packers too.... N then alot of othershhhh.... I went to Wisconsin dells, this antique shop had tons of AI rare stuff, and MJ... i got a $20 MJ card worth liek $200 in beckett.. made my vacationHigh spirited

I used to collect, but not too seriously. I think I have an Upper Deck MJ card somewhere in my room worth $30
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif

I have two decks of Basketball cards, theyre the same and ones still sealed, it's cards of players from the NBA All-Star Game from Utah in 93. And I have afew other cards on the side but nothing big.

i stopped vince carters 2nd year in the league. that was the ultimate downfall year imo. since then ebay and limited run products can done them in

Definitely a sick pull. What product did you get it out of? He's a UD exclusive signee like Jordan, Kobe, and Lebron. His auto's have been fetchinghuge numbers on ebay. Do you have a scan?

My dad and I have been collecting sportscards and memorabilia since I was 7 years old. In fact, I just went to a show last weekend.

I stopped back in like 96....they started making waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many subsets and special sets and it just got so uninteresting. I still have old ones,but I doubt the values have really increased any

haha I wanna say I stopped the the year of the 97 championship...those were the good old days.

I always wanted a Jordan rookie card. Now I can afford it, I just don't care, ha.

gottagitdemjs - that card is sick
pimp.gif

I was huge into collecting up until about 2001 or so. I still got most my good stuff, as far as bball cards go my two prized possesions are my Julius Erving RCalong with Pete Maravich RC
happy.gif
Man I gotta get back into it just for theold stuff again

Just started back up again for my two sons. I've gotten more into the memorabilia lately.

I used to buy them by the case and the rarest thing I ever got was a Kenny Smith Auto, lol. Now packs are like $4.00, so I don't even consider buying themanymore.

I collected alot when I was little. Still have my whole collection. Probably havent bought a pack in 10 years though.

I've been wondering lately where can I go to sell some cards that I have? They're just sitting around and I want to know if they're worth anything

Originally Posted by gusyouout

it was worth $45 in beckett, or some kind of similar magazine.
i used to as a kid but now it just seems wasteful. especially with expensive packs, subsets, secret decoder cards etc. even if you do get a goodcard, trying to sell it for what it's supposedly worth is damn near impossible.

i remember the 92-93 stadium club beam team cards were the thing. shaq was like $400, MJ like $300. now worth squat..... i just lost on the MJ card on ebayfor $12.62.

i used to collect a lot when i was younger. the last year i bought cards was in '03, lebrons rookie year

i was obsessed with cards back in jhs.. got over 600 jordan cards.. and like over 15k just regular cards.. i remember buying a box of fleer 96-97 and i pulledout like 15+ kobe rookie cards
pimp.gif

LOL i'm surprised to see there are other card collecters here on NT like i am... i'm pretty big on card collecting... Mostly Football and Baseball, buti dabble in Basketball too...

You must have pulled that Kevin Durant auto from an UD Artifacts pack huh? I've only gotten one auto from the Artifacts series... some bum who got releasedfrom the Knicks before the season even started... i threw it in with my common cards
laugh.gif

And since we're talking about basketball cards... i'll share a story... When i was younger i was HUGE on collecting cards, way more than i am now, andi remember there was this kid who lived in my apartment complex who always looked up to me and was always trying to impress me... so being that we were kids,we used to 'dumpster dive' every now and then to find cool stuff... well one day he came knockin on my door like "Greg Greg look what ifound!"... He had found a few boxes FILLED with basketball cards... and i'm not talkin about weak common cards... there were all the big namesincluding Jordans... so being the little devil that i was, i was like "alright i guess we need to trade cards now..." I started forcing him to trademe all these insert Jordans for a bunch of my crappy cards
laugh.gif
I still got those cards till this day...
smile.gif

It was actually out of the regular Upper Deck. I bought a box from the shop i go to, and the 3rd pack i opened, there it was. i'll upload some pictureshere in a while once i get that sucker on ebay

back in the day when i was a kid i did... not no more i got a new expensive hobby smh

I'm a huge collector. Me and my dad have been collecting ever since I knew what cards were. I'm gonna start putting alot of my stuff up on ebay soonnow that I live on my own. Ive got about $10,000 worth sitting in a few
closets at my parents. If anyone wants to know about specific cards just pm me. It can getaddicting tho. I have some huge cards i need to sell tho.

Back
Top Bottom