any comic book creators (or lovers) here?

solarius49

Banned
Im working on creating my own comic book, actually its been in the work for a few years now.  My only problem is that while I LOVE to write, im not very artistically inclined.  are there any computer programs/websites that can help me put my dream on paper?

It's a bit harder than that; you can troll places like DeviantArt for artists but you should have script ready and be willing to pay.

iFanboy's doing a great series on making comics and their second episode covered just this topic; give it a listen.

If I were you I'd just draw anything up and make it work on Photoshop.

That's what I've been doing. I basically turn my art into cartoons and it comes out really solid but I have to use markers.

Use pensol then trace it.

omfg I just spell pencil wrong :l

I used to be part of a small press comic book studio back in the mid 90's and we had to put books together by hand using copy machines & stapling them ourselves. Eventually we used real print companies but it was expensive. We did conventions like Comic Con but eventually we stopped. The market slowed down and most the members now work in animation.
I think it easier today to make art and get it seen thanks to the internet & social media. Also nowadays comic artists can work on the computer and email images to publishers without actual ink & paper art boards never leaving the artist. Also the manipulation of art can be messed around in things like photoshop (which back in the day we just used to color art). Some artists even cheat by just placing pics of real people in photoshop and manipulating them into comic art. Its like YouTube makes everyday people access to be famous, the computer makes it easier for art & artists to be seen.

216.jpg

Back
Top Bottom