any electric guitar players in nt?

hows the learning curve to learn this instrument? what kind of amp or guitar company should  get for beginners? any suggestions to websites or videos to teach you for free?

thanks =]

This thread has been brought up a lot lately. Check out guitarjamz on YouTube and justinsandercoe on YouTube as well. Sandercoe links to a web site with a ton of beginner lessons and videos. All free. Also check out martyszsongs. Look into getting a low end fender like a squire strat. You may want to consider picking up an acoustic first.

I started playing 2 years ago and it's honestly the best thing I ever decided to do.

It was actually easier than I thought it would be.....and i've had no musical training whatsoever. You'll definitely reach a few plateaus and hit the wall every now and then, but the key is to consistently play.

I recommend buying a mexican made Fender Stratocaster or Telecaster. They're about $700 (i think?). Don't worry about getting an amp at first though - pick up something like a Line6 UX1 and play through your computer and headphones.

I don't think you really need an amp until you're ready to start playing for others.

been playing for 6 years. lol at guitar hero kit. you prolly meant First act. learn your scales (pentatonic), they''ll come in handy with future solos. for beginner, get maybe a squire guitar from fender and maybe a 100 dollar amp thats maybe "crate" or "marshall". i learned formally in school, but you can youtube "pentatonic scales" and it can teach you. PM me for more advice

Originally Posted by Adrian1221

learn your scales (pentatonic), they''ll come in handy with future solos.
eek.gif
props to anyone who sits down and learns these. You'll be a beast in the future if you actually UNDERSTAND this stuff, not just go through the motions.

Originally Posted by BadMoonRison

props to anyone who sits down and learns these. You'll be a beast in the future if you actually UNDERSTAND this stuff, not just go through the motions.
thanks, im intending on playing professionally someday, not necessarily fame, but at least get paid to do it. So i learned my pentatonic scales, but i still got more work to do if i want to transfer to berklee college of music in the near future. Its possible looking at it now

Back
Top Bottom