Any Golfers on NT?

I got a steal on a brand new Razr Hawk tour driver from a co-worker who knows someone who works for Callaway. I paid $80 for the driver, but I pretty much just bought the head because it came with a garbage shaft. It's an 8.5* head with a Pro Launch Blue shaft in regular flex. I took it to the range, but it was kind of dark so I couldn't even see where my shots were going. My friend was saying that I was hooking the hell out of them though lol. I need to look into getting a different shaft, but I'm guessing that when it's all said and done I'll end up paying more to change it out than I would have if I had just bought it off ebay with the OEM shaft.

Originally Posted by k0betw0

Originally Posted by airblaster503

i kno you looking to get some shoes ont he cheap. but if you need a strictly winter / water proof shoe....

Nike%20Zoom%20Bandon%20Profile.jpg

seriously, the last shoe you'll ever need in wet / sloppy conditions. i played in these in torrential cali winter rain in winter of 2009. GREATEST thing ever. my feet were the only things that were dry. i combined them with metal spikes (the course was so flooded they said walking only and they didnt care if i had metal that day), and i had the greatest traction / driest shoe experience in wet weather.... drop the extra cash to ensure your feet stay dry for the winters...
I have been looking at those.  Alot of people that are serious about golf in the winter here in Oregon have them and swear by them.  Might just go ahead and get them since I walk alot and nothing is worse than wet feet.

if you look carefully you can easily find them lower than retail...
co-sign my father in law picked up a pair at one of our local courses for 50 bucks out the door, wish they had my size!

6pm.com has a big sale on some nice adidas golf shorts. Some are as low as $15 from $50. Free shipping and no tax. Picked up 2 pair for $46 shipped.

i refused to listen to you guys and got an r11 with a tp 55 blur. i'm killing it at the range, can't wait to use it on a course in teh summer. heard that new rbz 3w is a bomber, looking forward to trying it.

Originally Posted by wizards23

Whats the best way to travel with my clubs? Do I need a special travel bag to bring on the plane?

you'll be good with a soft bag.  get the club stiff arm, too and you'll be good

Originally Posted by reigndrop

Whats the best way to travel with my clubs? Do I need a special travel bag to bring on the plane?

1. club glove the last bag
2. club glove stiff arm
3. ship via fedex... don't bother with the plane or ups

Originally Posted by reigndrop

a cheap alternative to the club stiff arm is a hockey stick without a blade in it. works like a charm.

Starting to come out of Golf Hibernation... Checked out a indoor golf place like .5 mile down the road from my house and I'm gonna play tomorrow or Sunday... Cant wait to shake off some rust.

I'm ready for the snow to go away. Last summer was my first summer playing. Starting a season where you kinda have an idea how to play, makes it more fun haha

Got my course tournament schedule today, they have an interesting promotion going on this year. Participation in member events earns you points, and the top #10 point earners get:

The Member with the most amount of Points wins a Scotty Cameron Putter or Titleist Driver and Complimentary Entry Fee to the Players Cup
Points Winner #2: wins Golf for 4 at Devils Ridge and $20 discount into the Players Cup
Points Winner #3: wins FJ Icons Golf Shoes and $20 discount into the Players Cup
Points Winner #4: wins Dinner for 2 at Capital City Club and $20 discount into the Players Cup
Points Winner #5: wins Dinner for 2 at Devils Ridge with Golf and $10 discount into Players Cup
Points Winner #6: wins Titleist Vokey Wedge and $10 off entry into the Players Cup
Points Winner #7: wins One Dozen Titleist Pro V1 Balls
Points Winner #8: wins One Dozen Titleist Pro V1 Balls
Points Winner #9: wins One Dozen Titleist NXT Balls
Points Winner #10: wins Free Golf Lesson from Steve Ostroff

r11s is dooooooooodoooooooooooo heavy head (again), TERRIBLE sound... i hit this thing and threw it (literally). the head weight is rougly 203g with the 10g and 1g. the sleeve is 6-7gs depending on which version you use. that means the head weighs 210gs... i usually hit a 204g head and my r11 tour sleeve is 6.5g that means i need to get headweight 197.5. that means i only have 5gs to play around with. so thats either 1/4 or 2/3 weight configuration. HARDLY MWT... plus this thing sounds tragically like a cobra circa early 2000s head

rbz is niiiiiiice. much better sound, it has a nice shape and the head is actually too light. i had to reweight it properly with leadtape to get this thing feeling right

rbz tour is nice too.... for whatever reason, i could never find the center of the face with the sftp 2.0 but in my initial testing of the rbz tour i'm hitting it pretty consistently in the center. i gotta reweight this the next time i go out to see if it gives my vr tour a run for its money...

btw, if you think that the r11s is getting major play, the retail version isn't. almost everyone on tour is playing the r11s version 2 which is a lighter head and 420cc. which is basically the same as the r11 dot heat which is basically the same as the r9 420cc head....

r11s is dooooooooodoooooooooooo heavy head (again), TERRIBLE sound... i hit this thing and threw it (literally). the head weight is rougly 203g with the 10g and 1g. the sleeve is 6-7gs depending on which version you use. that means the head weighs 210gs... i usually hit a 204g head and my r11 tour sleeve is 6.5g that means i need to get headweight 197.5. that means i only have 5gs to play around with. so thats either 1/4 or 2/3 weight configuration. HARDLY MWT... plus this thing sounds tragically like a cobra circa early 2000s head

rbz is niiiiiiice. much better sound, it has a nice shape and the head is actually too light. i had to reweight it properly with leadtape to get this thing feeling right

rbz tour is nice too.... for whatever reason, i could never find the center of the face with the sftp 2.0 but in my initial testing of the rbz tour i'm hitting it pretty consistently in the center. i gotta reweight this the next time i go out to see if it gives my vr tour a run for its money...
Should I try the r9 SuperTri before looking at the r11?

Originally Posted by eaalto

Are you big on the adjustable weights and all that jazz?  The R11 has a really heavy feel to it.  What is your typical ball flight?  I was playing my Superdeep with toe weighting and neutral face, but it wasn't terrible consistent for me, and I don't have the full weight kit for it to really play with all the different settings.  

I have a slice so that SF 2.0 with Open/Toe weight wouldn't help me at all...

I've hit adjustable drivers before and I hit the r11s this weekend briefly and I liked it. The adjustability on the r11s seems a little OD though. And I'm definitely not paying $500 or more for the TP when I can find an r11 TP with the Blur 65g for $250.

fraji, i'm not sure if you should get the supertri or not. but the consensus i've seen is that the supertri was easier to fit than the r11 / r11s. honestly, the sftp 2.0 is a great driver. i couldn't hit it in the middle for wahtever reason. but truth be told, the sftp 2.0 and the rbz tour are basically the same driver. same price. but the rbz tour has fct so u can swap shafts left and right and self adjust.

eaalto, i currently have the ust mamiya attas 6x in the vr tour. i have an extra attas and an extra vr tour but i haven't really put them together. i had the ad di 6x in it and it performed great but i felt a whole lot more comfortable with the attas in it.

with all that being said, i do want to try the vrs with the new str8 fit as well but it might not work out since the headweight maybe too much for me (i hit a 204g head. the vrs looks like its going to be at least 206. still waiting for the oven to return my message about the weight of the sleeve).

Is the vr tour worth checking out? I have a sq tour 460 w/ 63s blueboard that I want to pull, but I want to make sure I mate it to a good head. I feel like the Blueboard is higher launching than the whiteboard.Is the project x that comes stock with the vr worth keeping, or would reshafting with the bb be a better fit?

Originally Posted by eaalto

Is the vr tour worth checking out? I have a sq tour 460 w/ 63s blueboard that I want to pull, but I want to make sure I mate it to a good head. I feel like the Blueboard is higher launching than the whiteboard.Is the project x that comes stock with the vr worth keeping, or would reshafting with the bb be a better fit?

if you love the sq tour you will LOVE the vr tour... it basically is the sq tour without the grey powerbow. the bb is definitely a higher launch than the whiteboard. the project x is actually an ok shaft for a stock shaft. i played the vr tour with a px 6 while i was waiting for my attas for 1 round and i hit it pretty freaking well. if you like the bb, i'd throw the bb into the vr tour. if you want a lower launching shaft on a budget, seriously look into the ust mamiya vts. best bang for the buck shaft and is gonna be the hot 2012 shaft... what loft are you looking for?

sounds like a good time... the vr tour have been pretty accurate in lofts. of the 5 i've owned. theyve all been within stamped loft or +0.5* face angles have been square to 1* open.

Interesting article:

As an avid golfer and equipment junkie, I feel I am easily persuaded by and feel profound guilt for not being the first to purchase and proudly own all of the new technology on the market today.

Let me rephrase that … ahh hummm, as an avid golfer and “former

laugh.gif
Love that passage.^

I'm no club +%%!* and wouldn't want to spend all my money being one... But once in a while I do like a new toy for the course. This year focusing on a new big stick, albeit a previous year model.

Back
Top Bottom