any jordan consignment shops in SF?

I am looking for a store that has a wide selection of jordans in the bay area specifically the peninsula

thnx ahead of time

i was actually thinking of doing this a while back but scrapped the idea cuz i didn't want to deal w/the headaches
"The expectation we have for Air Jordans is for the MICHAEL JORDAN of basketball shoes.
Lately we've been getting the Derrick Coleman of basketball shoes: bloated, overhyped, overpaid, & underwhelming." --Truth spoken by NT's own "Iron Lung"

Why sell through a consignment shop and pay their fee when you can handle the transaction yourself on ebay or craigslist? The overhead through ebay or another similiar site is less.
***SELLING 90s hip hop vinyl and DJ equipment. Contact me if interested!***

not everyone has the time or energy to list auctions/place ads, monitor them/answer tons of ???'s from the inevitable lookee-loos & tirekickers, conduct actual transactions for each and every shoe they want to buy or sell, and etc, etc. it's especially tedious if you have a BUNCH of stuff to move or on your wish list.

main pros for consignment shops are......

1. convenience
2. security

ultimately, consignment shops are providing a service as much or even MORE than just the goods themselves. there are both sellers & consumers out there that are willing to pay premiums for such service.

look at the real estate and auto sales markets for just a couple examples. many individuals out there are fully capable of conducting their own sales, but, for whatever reasons, they choose not to.

consignment shops aren't for everyone. they're definitely a niche market, as is the sneaker "game" in general. but, imo, there was always/is still a need for em. again, i'm just not willing to go through all the hassle anymore.
"The expectation we have for Air Jordans is for the MICHAEL JORDAN of basketball shoes.
Lately we've been getting the Derrick Coleman of basketball shoes: bloated, overhyped, overpaid, & underwhelming." --Truth spoken by NT's own "Iron Lung"

Quote:
main pros for consignment shops are......

1. convenience
2. security

***SELLING 90s hip hop vinyl and DJ equipment. Contact me if interested!***

^^^^

as mentioned, there are peeps out there willing to pay the premiums to have shops flip their kicks, cars, real estate, etc. it might seem like thhrowing away extra $$$$ to some folks, but that's why such service is not for everyone. time+effort are worth a whole lot more to some people tho.

no dis, but there are quite a few aspects you're not taking into account when it comes to why consignment shops/services are attractive to some buyers & sellers. i don't have time to elaborate on all of em but........

security---some buyers have more peace of mind purchasing items they can see+touch+etc IN PERSON, rather than buying them blindly off some random thru a website or even Ebay. we all know how much the "game" has changed, and, besides, market values for most kicks being at an all time low on Ebay right now, fraud is rampant.........doesn't really matter how good someone's feedback rating is. there are Ebay sellers w/90++% & 1000++ positive ratings that sell garbage & FAKES out there. there are people willing to pay premium marked up prices to see+feel+examine the condition & authenticity of goods FIRST HAND.

what's more.........from the seller's standpoint, even after paying commission/a premium to the consignment shop, they often will come out far ahead of what they'd get on Ebay or, in a fair amount of instances, selling themselves to private parties. don't forget there are Ebay +Paypal fees + shipping (and transportation costs) to factor in when conducting your own sales.........might not add up to 20% or whatever premium some shops charge, but they're not so insignificant. again, time+effort have co$t$/value too.

there's a few other things i could expand on.......maybe later.

believe me, i've never been a commercial "reseller," but i've moved a real decent amount of kicks and etc over the years thru Ebay, Craigslist, and various internet boards to offset the damages from my endless array of $$$-pit hobbies. so, i'm well acquainted w/the ins & outs of "hustling." sometimes, you do want to keep every penny to yourself, but, other times, it's more prudent to pass some of the action/work to others. you gotta pick and choose your battles in life. $$$$ is precious, but you can theoretically always make more of that. time is not recoverable and can not be expanded. you have to budget and make the most of what you have.

Back
Top Bottom