Any lawyers or members well-versed in laws?

Long story short I got pulled over for swerving. Passed all sobriety tests and blew a 0.06. Cop let me go and wrote "General reckless driving" as my charge on my ticket.
Question is, can I possibly be charged with a DUI when I go to court?
Thanks in advance

u can get reckless driving for driving over 100 mph
so don't trip
u would be in jail if it was a dui
they don't just let u off with just a ticket
u taking a ride to the station

u have to go to court? lol wtf
in cali at least
thats not a just pay a fine in the mail
some charges u gotta go to court or whatever
i remember i got a speeding ticket going 100+
it was on my way to la from the bay
but the ticket was like dead in the middle of both
like kern county or something
anyway i had to go to the court to see a judge
i couldn't just pay the fine.
also if he wants it reduced
or see if ur eligible for traffic school whatever u go see the judge
plus i think when its reckless driving thats not an infraction
i think thats when it turns to a misdemeanor

so don't trip

Because I read that they can stick me with a DUI charge in court saying that even tho I blew 0.06, when I got in the car initially my reading could have been at 0.08. So my worry is the officer will testify against me. I got confused as to what the ticket says, which is "reckless driving" and that could be for numerous reasons (none about drinking and swerving)

so don't trip

This. You not getting a ticket for a DUI, you getting arrested. Lol they not gonna write you a ticket then let you drive home, come on man.

If you were charge with DUI, you would be in jail and your license would have been forfeit.

No they can not come back and charge you with DUI. However, reckless driving is just as bad.

You still have to go to court. Most likely they will offer you something less. You can take it. If they dont, I would fight it.

IMG_0147.PNG
R.I.P.

Thanks for the help thus far. The main reason I wanted to know if my drinking and swerving would get brought up in court is because I'm on probation. I plan to tell my PO about the ticket but don't want to get into details since it would be a violation of my terms.

if the judge asks why you were swerving, tell him you were doing a caution lap and wanted to keep your tires warmed up

Thanks for the help thus far. The main reason I wanted to know if my drinking and swerving would get brought up in court is because I'm on probation. I plan to tell my PO about the ticket but don't want to get into details since it would be a violation of my terms.

you are going to jail bro

Don't worry about it. You don't need to bring up about the drinking or the ticket to your probation officer. It's irrelevant since you passed and was not charge for it.

You'll be fine. Like I said, the state will most likely offer you a lesser charge. The Reckless driving fine is pricey but it's better than having a DUI.

Don't worry about it. You don't need to bring up about the drinking or the ticket to your probation officer. It's irrelevant since you passed and was not charge for it.

You'll be fine. Like I said, the state will most likely offer you a lesser charge. The Reckless driving fine is pricey but it's better than having a DUI.

Thanks a lot for your inputs. I have a good relationship with my PO and I don't wanna destroy that so I'd still tell her about my run in but only what the ticket says. And I agree it'll be pricey

How about stop drinking and driving. And no, you will not be charged with a DUI in court after the fact. While in court the best thing is to just shut up! Answer any questions short and with the least information as possible. If they don't ask you, you don't tell.

-SAlNlDllvllAlNl-

What irks me is dummies like OP getting a pass while I caught a DUI for simply having THC metabolite in my system. Hadn't smoked that day, wasn't at all intoxicated but because of the state I'm in if a cop wants to take you in for a blood test you cannot refuse it.

Cats like you are the reason why DUI laws are a racket.

Smarten up.

What irks me is dummies like OP getting a pass while I caught a DUI for simply having THC metabolite in my system. Hadn't smoked that day, wasn't at all intoxicated but because of the state I'm in if a cop wants to take you in for a blood test you cannot refuse it.

Cats like you are the reason why DUI laws are a racket.

Smarten up.

Damn :wow: what state was that in?

You on papers & out here drinking and driving? smh Might as well be prepared to sit down for a minute bruh. Sounds like you need it too. Get your stuff in order so you can do that time & bounce back.

You got lucky and as the 1st post of the thread said, reckless driving can't be excessive speeding among other things which is still pretty bad but no you aren't charged with a DUI nor would anyone know

Back
Top Bottom