Any Lexus ES 350 owners? or Lexus heads in general?

my dad has a MY10 es350. after a year and a half it still feels and drives like new. i personally don't like it because at my age it feels too much of an older person's car but if that's exactly what you're looking for, there's nothing in its price that does it better.

more luxurious and has better materials/feel than a acura tl or g35. good on gas, the 2010+ facelifted model looks pretty good.

my dad has a MY10 es350. after a year and a half it still feels and drives like new. i personally don't like it because at my age it feels too much of an older person's car but if that's exactly what you're looking for, there's nothing in its price that does it better.

more luxurious and has better materials/feel than a acura tl or g35. good on gas, the 2010+ facelifted model looks pretty good.

I bought the 2007 ES350 right when they came out. I loved the car. Super comfortable, and I still think they're technology is unmatched. The NAV is the BEST in the industry, touchscreen controls work great while driving. Had no problems finding addresses or points on interest. I-Drive pisses me off so much
laugh.gif

However, the early ES350's did have a transmission issue, I believe there was a recall. Mine started slipping around 14k miles and I had to get it replaced. So make sure to ask if it has been replaced.

And everyone calling it a luxury camry, most cars out there are "luxury" versions of they're lower class. Get over it.

I bought the 2007 ES350 right when they came out. I loved the car. Super comfortable, and I still think they're technology is unmatched. The NAV is the BEST in the industry, touchscreen controls work great while driving. Had no problems finding addresses or points on interest. I-Drive pisses me off so much
laugh.gif

However, the early ES350's did have a transmission issue, I believe there was a recall. Mine started slipping around 14k miles and I had to get it replaced. So make sure to ask if it has been replaced.

And everyone calling it a luxury camry, most cars out there are "luxury" versions of they're lower class. Get over it.

i own a 08 IS

get the GS, IS, or LS.... dont get the ES .. the interior is not nice and its not made for people our age.

Its still a smooth ride, luxury and you'll get alot of options with it too.

For everyone saying Camry and ES the same.. they might have some similarities.. but ES and Camry are 2 different cars if u drive them both. not even close.

GS350 is not underpowered.

i own a 08 IS

get the GS, IS, or LS.... dont get the ES .. the interior is not nice and its not made for people our age.

For everyone saying Camry and ES the same.. they might have some similarities.. but ES and Camry are 2 different cars if u drive them both. not even close.

Originally Posted by djuzi05

laugh.gif

/thread 
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by djuzi05

laugh.gif

/thread 
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by DajonDondo

i own a 08 IS

I disagree.  I think the interior of the ES is very nice and the layout is logical and user friendly.  Not that they are comparable necesarily, but I much prefer the ES interior over that of a same year 5 series BMW.  The BMW navi (for that year) is straight trash.  The car is also plenty spacious as I have no problem putting 5 normal sized adults (including driver) or 4 adults and my 45lb. pup in it.  I do agree that it is not for "people our age" if you are under 30.  It is kinduva old person car, but the ES has always been targeted at that demographic.  I told my wife this when we were first lookin at cars, but she didn't care.  She likes her car and even after 5 years is not sick of it.

If you have or will have a family in the near future, the ES is not a bad bet.  I think the IS is better if you are a younger dude who doesnt want to cart their friends around (I hate the backseat of the IS).  GS is good if you can afford the slightly higher price tag.  The only thing that bugs me about the GS is that the rear view backup cam is at an angle so it can kinda throw you off for a sec.

Originally Posted by DajonDondo

i own a 08 IS

I disagree.  I think the interior of the ES is very nice and the layout is logical and user friendly.  Not that they are comparable necesarily, but I much prefer the ES interior over that of a same year 5 series BMW.  The BMW navi (for that year) is straight trash.  The car is also plenty spacious as I have no problem putting 5 normal sized adults (including driver) or 4 adults and my 45lb. pup in it.  I do agree that it is not for "people our age" if you are under 30.  It is kinduva old person car, but the ES has always been targeted at that demographic.  I told my wife this when we were first lookin at cars, but she didn't care.  She likes her car and even after 5 years is not sick of it.

If you have or will have a family in the near future, the ES is not a bad bet.  I think the IS is better if you are a younger dude who doesnt want to cart their friends around (I hate the backseat of the IS).  GS is good if you can afford the slightly higher price tag.  The only thing that bugs me about the GS is that the rear view backup cam is at an angle so it can kinda throw you off for a sec.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

hope I can offer some insight.
I would take the car to a Lexus dealership during business hours. They treat you like a king and you don't have to worry about anything because they will cover their mistakes. If the car was a Corolla, sure I would take it to random friend that is a mechanic.
laugh.gif

I would take the car to a Lexus dealership during business hours. They treat you like a king and you don't have to worry about anything because they will cover their mistakes. If the car was a Corolla, sure I would take it to random friend that is a mechanic.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

laugh.gif

I used to take the car into the dealer for service all the time, but damn it gets expensive.  When I had that hookup who worked for booze, I felt OK about it cause he was actually a Lexus dealer mechanic and would work on the car at the dealership as if it was another customer that just came in.  The 2nd mechanic I took it to (friends future father in law) is an ASE certified Master Technician so I assumed dude knew what he was doing.

laugh.gif

I used to take the car into the dealer for service all the time, but damn it gets expensive.  When I had that hookup who worked for booze, I felt OK about it cause he was actually a Lexus dealer mechanic and would work on the car at the dealership as if it was another customer that just came in.  The 2nd mechanic I took it to (friends future father in law) is an ASE certified Master Technician so I assumed dude knew what he was doing.

ES is a very nice car. I'm still rolling in a 98' ES300. Still smooth. Just do the basic maintenance, fluids, belts, filters, spark plugs, brakes, and suspension.

ES is a very nice car. I'm still rolling in a 98' ES300. Still smooth. Just do the basic maintenance, fluids, belts, filters, spark plugs, brakes, and suspension.

i take my 06 IS to the toyota dealership for every 5k maintenance...literally half the price than taking it to lexus...i dont get the free donuts and carwash but its still worth it

i take my 06 IS to the toyota dealership for every 5k maintenance...literally half the price than taking it to lexus...i dont get the free donuts and carwash but its still worth it

What are the prices looking like for the LS or GS?

This is my thing.

I`m 6'3 so I want something spacious, smooth and quite, I dont care about racing.

I also want something RELIABLE, being that I`m out of school, I pretty much want something that will hold me down as I make career moves, whether that mean I have to drive it across country due to relocation I want something that will hold up strong.

I`m not trying to have a super high car note either. I figured if I put 5-10k down on a 20-22k car I would be straight.

I want more of a "grown man" car if that makes sense, nothing flashy, just sleek and laid back.

I was looking at Camrys because I can get one fully loaded for like 16-17k, but I know the ride wont be as smooth as a Lexus. My roomate has an 05 or 06 ES300 and that joint feels like your in a vault. I liked the cut of the 07 joints better though thats why I was looking toward that generation.

What are the prices looking like for the LS or GS?

This is my thing.

I`m 6'3 so I want something spacious, smooth and quite, I dont care about racing.

I also want something RELIABLE, being that I`m out of school, I pretty much want something that will hold me down as I make career moves, whether that mean I have to drive it across country due to relocation I want something that will hold up strong.

I`m not trying to have a super high car note either. I figured if I put 5-10k down on a 20-22k car I would be straight.

I want more of a "grown man" car if that makes sense, nothing flashy, just sleek and laid back.

I was looking at Camrys because I can get one fully loaded for like 16-17k, but I know the ride wont be as smooth as a Lexus. My roomate has an 05 or 06 ES300 and that joint feels like your in a vault. I liked the cut of the 07 joints better though thats why I was looking toward that generation.

laugh.gif
I feel you. Although technically what your Lexus dealer mechanic friend was doing was kinda illegal to do work at the Lexus dealership on his spare time.
laugh.gif
But someone done goofed up along the way.

Back
Top Bottom