Any MotoGP/F1 fans on NT?

I don't know about motogp, but there are at least three F1 fans on this board. We used to have a thread going, and it was just the three of us posting. LOL.

Looking to start a racing thread?

Sinner P is the only one that springs to mind. I'm sure theres a few more though
smokin.gif

Howdy, howdy, howdy.

Yeah, I started an F1 thread a few years ago. It started out pretty well, but after a while it was just a few guys left.

Smedroc up there, zk1, Curt(something), eddie come to mind... there might be a couple more...

You'd think that with the giant football thread there would be more F1 fans...but I guess the sport is too refined for the throw-ball fans here. I kid, I kid.

Casually follow GP & F1. 

Just caught the Monteal Grand Prix a few weeks back... the engine noise in person is
pimp.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif

6c216163a493385680399ff485e8b5fa39954f31_r.jpg

48f16f67a690315089328800fad5a1e4f1453d44_r.jpg

Originally Posted by ChaosTheory

Casually follow GP & F1. 

Just caught the Monteal Grand Prix a few weeks back... the engine noise in person is
pimp.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif
Yeah, that's the first thing that hits people when they actually attend a race... the sound.  
I hope you stuck around for the entire race (rain delay and all)... that was certainly one of the best comebacks I've seen in a long time.

Anyway, Eddie... go for it.  You can guarantee you'll have at least one customer.  
laugh.gif

Yeah the footy thread's popular, but I see it more of a geography thing, with most NTers being from North America.  If my assumption was correct, most of the regulars in the previous F1 thread were either Europeans or Asians... and no guarantees that all Euros and Asians on NT follow F1.  Oh well.

Montreal this year was a great race. The top 3 teams have all had good pace the past couple races and it's been way more interesting than previous years. Idk about you guys but I love the addition of DRS.

As for going to the race in Montreal I am jealous. I've been to an IRL race (it was free) and that was pretty boring. The only thing I'll take away from it was the sound of the cars. I was blown away by that. I went to Laguna Seca for MotoGP a few years ago and I'm dying to go back. That track is legendary. To finally be there in person after so many laps there in GT/Forza was a dream come true. I highly recommend a trip there for any motorsports fan. I wish F1 would head back there.

A few of us also chat-F1 in the GT5 thread in the General-forum...

But with the corkscrew, I don't think the F1 cars will be able to run on it. Too steep?

I don't like DRS at all.  It still needs tweaking but even if they get it right, I'm not sold.  Tires have been the overtaking factor this season, with the "cliff".  I don't have the statistics, but I think DRS only accounted for a small portion of the overtakes this season... anyway, lets continue in Eddie's thread.

The DRS system definitely makes things a little more interesting, but I haven't really kept tabs on F1 that closely to really know what kind of impact it has actually been. But I suspect it really is still dependent on the driver and tyres.

I love on technical F1 is... to the casual fan it is only about who goes faster around the course but there is so much other things that go into it.

Oh and a random fact about the MTL F1 - ran into Andrew Bynum in the Vip section... hard to miss a 7 footer black dude walking around in sweats hah

Back
Top Bottom