Any Northwest (Portland & Seattle) and Colorado NT'ers want to help me out. Trying to figure out wh

Portland is better than Seattle.. but I live here and am biased lol

Definitely take a few days in Portland and then head out to the coast (cannon beach, astoria.. where they filmed the goonies)

SO much good food, things to do, bar scene is good.

If you are into nature I would also take a day trip to Crater Lake (not that far)

You born n raised? Ive been to Seattle during thr summer, which was nice. Been wanting to go there to see. Thought about moving thete, but wasnt sure. I dig the quicker commute thing. My relativesbin Seattle go to Canada a lot.

You born n raised? Ive been to Seattle during thr summer, which was nice. Been wanting to go there to see. Thought about moving thete, but wasnt sure. I dig the quicker commute thing. My relativesbin Seattle go to Canada a lot.
No Texan born and raised but I moved up here for an internship with Nike. Been here for 2 years now, really like it and I lived in LA, Austin and Dallas before. Naturally beautiful (tons of parks), lots of young singles, good bar scene, got a couple nice boutiques, medical MJ 
pimp.gif
, affordable apts. a plenty

No Texan born and raised but I moved up here for an internship with Nike. Been here for 2 years now, really like it and I lived in LA, Austin and Dallas before. Naturally beautiful (tons of parks), lots of young singles, good bar scene, got a couple nice boutiques, medical MJ :pimp: , affordable apts. a plenty

Hows the commute, are you near the Pearl?

Like do you have to drive hours to get to and from some place? LA traff was terrible. lol But a car is a must there, tho we did metro a few times.

Hows the commute, are you near the Pearl?

Like do you have to drive hours to get to and from some place? LA traff was terrible. lol But a car is a must there, tho we did metro a few times.
My work was in the suburbs (Beaverton) and I lived near Waterfront Park... I have a car so I never used the metro but commutes weren't that bad usually at work in 30 min or less. The metro is legit though I've never seen so many professionals using it (other than NY of course). They have routes literally running through all the city and neighboring suburbs. 

How?

You made the right choice my guy! Portland is a cool little town & Denver is trash.
cost of living, food scene (yalls pretty good too though), proximity to good skiing and beaches, our airport, the skyline (mt Hood in the back, all the bridges), better parks/ city structure, less crime, cheap downtown parking

So, whats a good place to stay in Portland? Would like to enjoy things with out car rental. Thinking of something central, but would like to see the condos, homes.

Portland and most NW cities seem to be pretty chill. Not sure bout the weather tho. lol Also, the 15 buck.min wage in Seattle, lol

Vancouver is the best vacation I have ever experienced. Go there. Don't ask no questions. Don't ask. I said.........don't ask!

Chill on that skyline

Seattle Skyline with Mt Rainier and the Space Needle
that fog tho... lol i'm playing NW> most of the country
So, whats a good place to stay in Portland? Would like to enjoy things with out car rental. Thinking of something central, but would like to see the condos, homes.

Portland and most NW cities seem to be pretty chill. Not sure bout the weather tho. lol Also, the 15 buck.min wage in Seattle, lol
http://www.riverplacehotel.com/

You should come for a Blazers game... great atmosphere.

Brah's i'm planning on using public transportation for a majority of my trip out in Seattle, even Portland if I get the chance to go.

What's my best option for a metro pass for 5 days?

Unlimited Orca card?

^ You can grab an orca card while in Seattle but I dont think they have a week unlimited option, so you'll just have to upload some money on it.

It really is a shame you're making it out in Oct vs coming out during the summer though. :frown:

go to paseo in fremont and get the number 2. you will thank me. cash only and closed sunday-monday.

Back
Top Bottom