Any Northwest (Portland & Seattle) and Colorado NT'ers want to help me out. Trying to figure out wh

Gill Baka Esq. LLC.

formerly grimlock
So I haven't been able to go on a vacation in a long while and I have a week and a half in early August off so I really want to take advantage of them and make the best of it by traveling somewhere new.

I'd really appreciate any help from those who want to chime in on a place to visit in August. Right now I'm looking at Portland/Seattle/Possibly Vancouver or going to Colorado (don't know which city but i'm guessing Denver, Colorado Springs, Aspen....someone school me).

Both of these places have been on my radar for a bit and I'd like other NT'ers take on these places. I'm pretty clueless to these areas right now but they seem like great places to visit.

Any favorable recommendations from those who have visited these areas and can vouch for having a good time there please do.

:nthat:

I can chime in on Denver.

Weather: Love it here. In August it will be in the 80-90's with sun and maybe 70's at night. No humidity and no bugs.

Things to do: Whitewater rafting, hiking, take in a night Rockies game, and visit the bar scene.

Bar scene: LoDo, Downtown and 16th St Mall. I like It's Brothers for bar food, DT Tavern and Viewhouse for a roof top bar, The Drink and 24k for upscale hip hop / club scene.

Shopping: 16th Mall, Family Affair and Sole St Shoes

Museums: Denver Art Museum, Natural Science, Denver Zoo

All I can think of right now - anything else just ask.

Boulder is great if you like doing outdoor activities. Good flyfishing in the areas outside Denver and there are some cool camping spots in the state.

As for Denver, langfor5 pretty much nailed it. Steubens is a fun place to grab a bite.

Tons of microbreweries in the city and Argonaut is hands down the best liquor store I have ever been to.

Just a question....how easy is it to travel between cities in Colorado with a bus?

Same for Portland to Seattle?

If you guys happen to know.

:pimp: for the replies thus far, really good stuff.

does this 
nthat.gif
 mean you want to blaze?  

no med card already i'm assuming?  

Vancity all day man....

PM me if you really want details

but i've been to Seattle and vancity both within the last 3 months for 5 days in seattle and 2 in vancity...wish i had more time in both.....can't go wrong with any of those...portland, colorado i've heard great things, i have not been...one thing to note about vancouver and can in general now is CAN > USD, so be prepared for that conversion to get ya i was in toronto over the weekend and it was $200 USD for $194 CAN, 30 USD for 27 CAN, and most likely if you use creidt and have a cash back program then you will have the standard 3% foreign transaction fee, and be prepared, both seattle and vancouver are expensive, extremly close to an LA, SF, SD, CHIC...both very walking friendly

Yea thing is that with my budget, would prob only stay a week and going from portland to seattle to vancouver sounds nice but I feel I wouldnt have time to really experience each city. Def heard great things about Vancouver though but I guess that would be a trip by itself.

Would Portland and Seattle be better for a week....half in each city?

Good looks on the Boltbus info....appreciate that.

And while it was not implied, :smokin friendly city would be optimal. Whats the deal with that and portland/seattle or Colorado for that matter? Since i'm an out of towner on vacation....?

Other info on eats, sites, women, anything still appreciated.

Seattle is basically the gateway to Asia so expect a lot of Asians of all kinds. Which means great asian food :pimp:
Catch a mariner game. The team sucks *** but the the stadium is absolutely beautiful and you can find tickets for really cheap on stubhub.
If you have a car check out the Olympic game farm in squeim. It's about an hour to hour and a half west depending in ferry traffic.
Pioneer square and belltown are the place for nightlife.
Tons of food. Everyone has there favorites depending on your favorite type of food but there's great restaurants all around.
Check out the Ballard locks and golden gardens. A very underrated part of town.
Space needle of course but don't plan a whole day around just that.
Seattle art meuseum and the meuseum of flight are dope.
Uw campus is beautiful with amazing views and the district is cool.
If you ever need help don't think twice about asking random people. Everybody is pretty cool aslong as your respectful.

Last edited:
Yea thing is that with my budget, would prob only stay a week and going from portland to seattle to vancouver sounds nice but I feel I wouldnt have time to really experience each city. Def heard great things about Vancouver though but I guess that would be a trip by itself.

Would Portland and Seattle be better for a week....half in each city?

Good looks on the Boltbus info....appreciate that.

And while it was not implied, :smokin friendly city would be optimal. Whats the deal with that and portland/seattle or Colorado for that matter? Since i'm an out of towner on vacation....?

Other info on eats, sites, women, anything still appreciated.

It's legal in Seattle, but you still can't buy it from clinics yet, shouldn't be too hard to find. If you end up choosing Seattle, PM me :smokin

And I went to Portland recently and the strip clubs were :pimp: if you're into that kind of thing

I grew up in Seattle, when the weather is nice Seattle > Da Heightz

If you go to Seattle pm Trunks206, DaKid03 and Pabs they got city on lock. Tree should be easy to find and smoked freely since they passed the law. So many good places to eat, and Mos Def check out a Mariners Game, the tickets are cheap and the stadium is fire.

Hit up Belltown for bar hopping and bad *******. Pioneer Square sucks hate the whole scene nothing but trouble down there, unless its after a game then by all mean check it out.

If you want a spot that has bomb food, and good drink check out Pesos near Seattle Center. Bomb *** mexican food thats on happy hour and Fine women crowd that place. One of my favorite spots to go to on the weekend.

great advice.

Portland/Seattle are looking like the best bet. Colorado will be next time.

I'll def pm you guys with more questions when I get everything figured out. esp in regards to strip clubs, eats, attractions worth visiting and other ways to spend my time efficiently.

Any tips and tricks you guys wanna add please do so. The part I really enjoy is planning the trip well so that my time isn't wasted on just winging it.

:nthat:

I agree. You can see a lot in 2 days in portland. I believe in august we have our brewfest which is nice. You can visit the rose garden (not the arena). Food spots- there are food carts all around portland that are really good. Night life- if your into clubs visit china town. We got a nice transportation system as well. You'll like portland. Everyone I talk to that visits say they love it

Portland for 2 days max Seattle for four :smokin

I live in Portland and I would agree. Great city to live in but at the end of the day smaller than Seattle.

PM with any questions. I know of some good spots here and there but certainly no expert.

If the weather is sunny tho= Pac NW > * :pimp:

awesome....Yea I heard from others that Portland is great, it's just that everything can be seen in a day or 2....I actually think I heard that from the Kondabolu brothers podcast.

And I'm always fond of cities that have their own public transport system that is somewhat reliable. Being born and bred in NYC makes you appreciate other transit systems.

And while it was not implied, :smokin friendly city would be optimal.

you do realize just YESTERDAY, Denver became the only state to allow smoking, for recreational purposes..

If we make your way this way in 2014 you should be able to walk into a store and buy, no red card, no questions asked.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/28/hickenlooper-signs-colora_n_3346798.html

Okay so heres a question...what's the status on going into dispensaries right now in Co. if your not a resident? Do you need to have a card to purchase?

Just wanted to ask another question for people who have been or live out in the Northwest....

Would it be a better Idea to stay in Seattle and either drive or take the boltbus down to portland for the day and head back to the hotel in seattle at night?

Originally I though I would fly into Portland, stay there for a couple days, then go to Seattle for another couple of days but probably come back to Portland to hop on a plane back home.

After reading some replies about how portland can be covered in little as a day I'm wondering if it would be better to just take a day trip down to portland maybe 1-2x while I'm in the northwest.

Could somebody chime in on this for me?

Hate to gravedig a thread, especially my own, but I never actually got around to going to Seattle the last time around but I just booked a trip for early October.

You brah's wanna enlighten me on spending my 5 day, 4 night stay in Seattle?

:pimp:

Portland is better than Seattle.. but I live here and am biased lol

Definitely take a few days in Portland and then head out to the coast (cannon beach, astoria.. where they filmed the goonies)

SO much good food, things to do, bar scene is good.

If you are into nature I would also take a day trip to Crater Lake (not that far)

Back
Top Bottom