Any NTer got the sample black infrared VI? Need story, infos, pics, everything!

Hey NT, anyone got these????
Can someone post every infos about these?
How many were released, when, pics, value....
[man you are trippin that's not going to happen]Will I possibly find them for sale one day or not?[/man you are trippin that's not going to happen]

Thanks!

side06-11.gif

Honestly, I like the released version, the samples are look good don't get me wrong, but the red over kills the shoe IMO.

what version was the one that had the phrase referring to the lace pocket above the jumpman?

eltouha wrote:
what version was the one that had the phrase referring to the lace pocket above the jumpman?

I think you're referring to the OG kids versions. I agree with Spectacular23 about these Infrared VI's.

Originally Posted by Spectacular23

Honestly, I like the released version, the samples are look good don't get me wrong, but the red over kills the shoe IMO.

Yea... Those infrareds are bleeding...

Hey NT, anyone got these????
Can someone post every infos about these?
How many were released, when, pics, value....
[man you are trippin that's not going to happen]Will I possibly find them for sale one day or not?[/man you are trippin that's not going to happen]
They're actually not as rare as people may think. All of the sales sample Black/Infrared VIs, at least in North America, came out like thisto my knowledge.

There are a few key differences: the inverted midsole colors, obviously, the Nike Air at the back is in 'infrared' rather than black, and the infraredcolor itself is much brighter than the originals or the release retros. We joked at the time that it was more of an "infrapink."

You may remember the "Wizards" XIIs from a few years back (white/blue/black soles); it's the same situation.

No more or fewer of these were produced, I believe, than any other sales sample. As far as value, when you have shoes in very short supply it's alwaysdifficult to estimate. There's really only a handful in "circulation" and they're worth whatever someone will pay. I was once offered$1,100 for my pair maybe a year after I acquired them, once it became clear that they differed from the release version. I turned it down, of course.

Will you find them for sale? You never know when someone will sell off some or all of their collections, but obviously by now the vast majority of them havefound homes somewhere, so I would imagine it's fairly rare to come across a pair on the open market. Best of luck tracking them down.

^good info.

The pic I posted of the retro pair; I have the auction bookmarked so it still shows up.

They auction ended for $417 shipped in April 2006.

method man is right
everyone that has them will not come off them
i have been trying to get them for over 2 years now offering prices up to 1200 for them and no one will bite on it
still patiently waiting for a seller that will get rid of them
one of my favorite samples and would love to add it to my sample collection

forget the collection,you can always find a grail within 6 Billion people in the world
all you need is $$$$

besides i probably wear those samples for baseball real talk

any color, any style you throw on any VI, its gonna look good..regardless

Originally Posted by Spectacular23

cosign

btw i saw these on ebay over the summer, they were in the 500's with 3-4 days left, memory kind of sketch but i did see them on ebay

the samples are soooooooooooo much better...i always wonder why do the samples look sooo much better than what releases

Originally Posted by mj234eva

and these og samples?
wow, i've never seen that pic before. thank god they changed it. the released version is infinitely better.

Originally Posted by eltouha

Originally Posted by mj234eva

and these og samples?
wow, i've never seen that pic before. thank god they changed it. the released version is infinitely better.
Definitely Better, but still an eye catcher to me. If I had a pair, they'd be on display for sure. Looks like a good conversation piece.

Back
Top Bottom