Any NT'ers attend Community College?

fams

Banned
I don't get the stigma that surrounds CC...there are some decent Community Colleges out there.
One would think since we're in a recession, it would be okay to save some money by completing 2 years at
a CC. I used to attend a four year university and it's not all it's cracked up to be. I never stayed on campus but
I have friends that do, they say it's torture and they're the "popular kids". I know we have clubs, facilities and mostly
all the advantages of a four-year for a 1/4 of the price...and I still get to see my family and friends opposed to away college
where you're hundreds of miles away. I'm graduating soon and I'll be attending a four-year college with scholarships and will only have
to pay for 2 years.

Just my thoughts, what are your views on CC?

it's not bad only reason I went was to get my GPA up which didn't work anyway.
I didn't like the school at all though, pretty much just like high school for me. it was all in one building and half my graduating class went there.
my parents were disappointed since I was accepted to 3 other Universities and chose to go to a CC. If I could do it all over I would of never went

I got pulled kicking and screaming from my University, I thought academic probation was a joke...it wasn't
laugh.gif
They suggested a good Community College and I gave them the (
indifferent.gif
).

But my CC campus is HUGE like 1 square mile...the whole facility is CUTTING EDGE and the girls... (
niketalk
)
Honestly I'm more focused at CC than the Univ. I as well attended just to get my GPA up for one semester
but now...I here until graduation
pimp.gif

i do, i just cant afford to go anywhere else, and for what i plan on doing for a career, community college offers the cheapest route.

I just finished my stint at CC.

It's good if you know what you're taking and know the classes that will trasnfer to a Uni.
For someone like myself who's not really sure what they want to do it helps.

Obviously, you're not getting that "college experience" if that's what you're looking for.

Originally Posted by rarenikepairs

All the shorties attend CC's. I could get my gpa up, as well as the poon rate

i did both

university shorties>CC shorties by far

like i said.......maybe depends on where you go

davidisgodly
laugh.gif

yea seriously.........i didnt go into detail but i feel CC is complete BS. maybe it varies by state but half that crap the STATE uni. dont even accept. itslike a waste of time.

davidisgodly wrote:
IS THIS A SUBTLE APPRECIATION THREAD?

CC....... MY THOUGHTS WILL HURT YOUR FEELINGS.

^^^
laugh.gif
@ Little Man's aspirations of superiority

Subtle? I'm a giant in physical size and mental capacity..I'm never subtle even when I whisper.
Hurt my feelings? I highly doubt it, because of your point of interjection you've chosen shows me you're insecure
and struggling with identity...I'm secure with my choice of attending CC and have a four-year plan so how are you going to hurt my feelings?

Elephant > Mouse .....It's all about "perception" and FYI my thoughts would (not will.."smart guy") hurt YOUR feelings
wink.gif

unless money is an issue...............forget CC.

OP you got kicked out for academic probation so its not like you WANTED to go to CC. you sound like youre tryna justify it...

good luck though.

I had the choice to either go to a university or CC...If i chose to attend CC my parents would help me pay for a new vehicle, which they did
I only need an AA to start my career anyway, but after im done im planning to go back to get my bachelors
pimp.gif

And even though most classes may seem like HS all over again, i enjoy it because the teacher knows who you are

lurkin2long wrote:
unless money is an issue...............forget CC.

OP you got kicked out for academic probation so its not like you WANTED to go to CC. you sound like youre tryna justify it...

good luck though.

laugh.gif
What's your point?...I said I got dragged "kicking andscreaming", but now I like it....what am I justifying?
I maintained a 3.7 and I'm on the deans list and only have 3 semesters left, so if I chose to transfer I would've done so already
and my credits and major are 100% transferable...

Originally Posted by gottagitdemjs

Went for two years. Took all of my gen eds. Transferred to 4 year. Saved a buttload of money.

this is my point........

ive heard PLENTY of stories from people who took gen ed at the CC........then the state university system is like
laugh.gif

time to do some real work now............
tired.gif

I took a couple courses at a CC while in high school, some of the students were treating it like the 13th grade . I didnt know anyone and didnt care since Iwas only there for 2 classes then back to my high school. I didnt even apply b/c I wanted to attend an actual 4 year university where I would get the wholeuniversity experience. Plus while I was at the CC they made everything 10x difficult than the English professors at a university. My friends that even took APEnglish didnt have to do even 1/2 of the work I done.

IMO just attend an actual university. Even if it is one of the easiest to get into go there do real good and transfer. Plus in MD, unless you have your AA, notall universites accept credits from a CC, so you wasting money and time.

what am I justifying?

read you OG post. then later you stated you actually went to uni an got on academic probation so you have to do this route right now to get back in correct?this wasnt a choice......

dude its cool i went to both, im just sayin CC sucked an everyone i know who went agrees........i can only speak for my area/state

an when you transfer the state universities (again my state) dont even care...........an yes the work at CC is easier......maybe thats why they play youwhen you transfer.

[color= rgb(102, 0, 153)]CC got some of the baddest broads[/color]
devil.gif

[color= rgb(102, 0, 153)]But in my case i go to 1 and get the same credits as URI for a fraction of the price[/color]

Originally Posted by Mac A Roni

But in my case i go to 1 and get the same credits as URI for a fraction of the price

you sure about that.......

this is my point, you think you good, then you go to transfer an they are like "awww thats cute, you got an A for effort'

ok you gotta take these again, with us though. an this is transfer from cc to state in my area. i dont know how bad it is out of state to other school, but iknow my sis at Rutgers said they be playin you comin from other colleges not even CC with transfer credits.

First off, to answer "lurkin2long"....yes I admitted three times already that it wasn't my choice to attend, but I've been had the choice totranfer last year but I've chosen to stay.

Second, to answer the "Captain Lemmings"....You have to do research on your Course Studies you have to be sure your major is transferable FIRST. Ithas nothing to do with CC, it's has to do with your "tranfer credits" and your "major"...so if you really "placed education highin your life" you would've know that....
laugh.gif

..and if you slave for a "B" paper that's due to academic potential not the standards of your UNIV...cause at my UNIV I knew bimbo +#%$% andstupid guys that recieved A's

CC's are what you make of it. I knew some people who went to a CC for a year and transferred to reputable schools afterward. And there are also the wackkids from HS who did nothing and are in a CC just so they can say that 'they're in college'. CC's aren't suppose to take you 7 years to getout, SMH.

Back
Top Bottom