Any NTers going through a rough patch? Vol. Something's gotta give

I know some of Yall out there are going through a rough patch in life. Whether it's relationships, employment, financial, emotions, or all of the above. Every now and then I go through moments where I feel like "something's gotta give". I would say it's normal.

With that being said, what are some rough patches you went through in life? How'd you get through (if you did)? Or if you're going through one right now, what's going on, NT fam might be able to give you some good advice.

Most of my posts are either lulz, news, or just raw facts, but let's use this thread to help each other out. It's the holidays, so it's season of giving, so let's give each other some help in any way we can

Yeah man. I just take it one day at a time. Keep up with my routine. Try not to sleep the day away and remain semi social. Ain't much I can really do besides that. Trouble just finds me but **** it. That's how it's gonna be I'll get through it.

And yeah never stop pushing because the worlds not really going to give a damn except a few people if that. Those are the people you should hang with forever.

Last edited:
Went through a really bad patch.
really bad patch |I

details arent that important becuz i know alot of people are going thru some serious ****.

But Basically i wasnt living my own life....the people and situations i were in were making my decisions for me and i didn't realize it.

It was like those lazy rivers where you sit in an innertube and float down....go with the flow. I did it because it was easy.
Always thought "going with the flow" was a good thing but its not.

Going against the flow and working hard is much more rewarding.

One night i was just like **** it what the hell am i doing.
I wasnt writing my own story.

But yeah if u are going thru a rough patch and youre thinking life isnt going to get better, then you have to get better.

Yeah I'm going through a rough patch, I got to man up and take care of this but I'm getting tired of this ****

Rocky Balboa..
nthat.gif
powerful stuff right there....needed that
glasses.gif

It's been over 3 years since I been going through the same ish and although I progressed a bit, haven't been able to be happy for me or just in general, sucks to feel alone. But knowing ill get there one day is what drives and motivates me to keep on going and not give up.

Lol I've been in it for a while

I don't let the negative thoughts infiltrate my mind

I know it sounds corny but o well, that can lead to depression. Depression I don't wish in any NTr.

Feel you op...But at the end of the day you a man. You just gotta boss up and get the results that you wanna see. It's gonna take some time and patience. I done been to prison, been robbed, got jumped, been shot at. The world is not a nice place. It's constantly tryna figure out new ways to take you out. But you can't let it break you. All the hard times you did have really make you appreciate the good times you will have. It's almost like you are in training, you going thru these situations because there is a greater purpose for your life. You just being prepared for that moment. Only thing is that you can't fold. But yo time will come, just have to grind hard enough. Believe in yourself, you are the God of your own life. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. All the times I was struggling and I didn't have any one there to comfort me will be ok for all the days I'm stunting and won't need anybody with me. I'll be ok balling on my own and with my loved ones. Life will be good.

But knowing ill get there one day is what drives and motivates me to keep on going and not give up.

That's the best you can do and what should be the thought let go of the past long as this is at the top we gon be alright.

36 ounces repped

Last edited:
Everyone goes through rough patches.

My first apartment in Houston, I was making 8.50/hr with $500+ rent(a ***** was always in the dark :smh: ), walking over 2 miles back and forth to work to do manual labor. End up having to get a second job on the weekends working overnight at a gas station.

I went from having a good job, my own car and crib to unemployeed no car living with my moms.

Caught feels for a chick, **** didnt work out, had me questioning my whole existence.

The financial stuff, just know its not going to last forever, if you dont let it. Keep faith, be diligent. Like Juvie say, "something gotta shake.."

The emotionals stuff is a bit harder. Just takes time and REALLY good friend. Find someone you feel comfortable talking to about, that you know its going to take it seriously and talk it out. Sometimes you cant see the obvious because you to caught up in your feelings.

i love threads like these because its helps me feel a bit at ease that I still don't have things figured out especially being in my mid 20s. So many routes but sometimes the routes I go dont work out for me

Yep but I'm trying to work on improving myself so I can get out of it. Applied for a pretty sweet job yesterday at Reddit that I hope I get. Getting back to writing. Gotta get back out there talking to every random chick that catches my eye.

Lol I've been in it for a while

I don't let the negative thoughts infiltrate my mind

I know it sounds corny but o well, that can lead to depression. Depression I don't wish in any NTr.
Me too man, last few years haven't been easy. Just remember to keep in mind that there's an upside to everything.

In the rut of my life at the moment, things could always be worse though

i hate feeling of when your not sure of what the **** your doing and your kinda just going through the day by day motions. Sleeping has been hard and not wanting to eat a damn thing. I hope this feeling goes away soon and with the holidays around the corner it makes me sad. I didnt expect to be in the place i am now  smh 

finding a job in my field (graphic design)

sending mad emails with my resume and cover letter along with my portfolio and i cant even get a dam email back

im working at a gym now for some petty *** guy. im not tryna work there anymore. ugh

i need a career not a job

2 yrs ago I waso  living in MASS working in MACYS making 8 an hour with 3 kids living in my mother in laws apt... sub leased my apt to a friend in nyc for a yr while i made the move. Things wasnt going as planned as I was 30 yrs old basically homeless with 3 kids and a minimum wage job. I drove back down to NYC with my kids moved back into my apt with no job prospects... wifey works for the city so she went back to her job as soon as we came back... she was on maternity leave for a yr... I was basically being a house dad.... that got tired after a month. 

I signed up for a computer tech school because I needed to get into a field where money is being made... got my A+ and Net+ in 3 months of starting the course... made my resume and started applying for 20 -25 jobs a day online before I graduated the class.. got an offer 2 days b4 graduation... it wasnt much but it was better than 8 an hour.... paid my dues there for about 5 months. that contract was finished. once again i was jobless llooking for work...I get a call from my agency asking if i would like to work for XYZ company, I said sure they made me an offer getting 2 as much as i was just getting paid and more than 3x as much as when i was working in MACYS 18 months prior ... 

I took the job without hesitation... now im living comfortable with my family and can say that i didnt know how the future would turn out but i never gave up on life.... 

Try NoFap. Got me feeling hype out this ***** and my life is straight garbage otherwise lol.

Lately I've been thinking about Syria and all the innocent people out there getting slaughtered because of some small demented faction. I think about people who had no choice where they were born or would give up everything to flee to another country just to be safe and they basically have no chance at a happy life.

Me too man, last few years haven't been easy. Just remember to keep in mind that there's an upside to everything.
I know you still aint trippin over that *****?

I've been through several.

From alcoholism to not being on speaking terms with my older brother for a few years.

What I've learned through it all is not to waste a day.

Seriously.

Make YOURSELF happy.

I find humor in the simplest things nowdays and it feels good.

Last step in my journey is quiting my job.

I swear all I need is a studio downtown and money in my pocket.

I wish I didn't need a car.

Less is sooooooooo much more.

Hate when you're going through a rough patch because of some bs. With that being said there's always a light at the end of that tunnel.

Back
Top Bottom