Any NTers losing interest in kicks like Jordan retros and the whole "sneaker culture"?

I got ridiculed when I wrote this in the Shattered thread but anything I'm at a raffle or sneaker event the slummiest dudes be there. No way you fresh when you wearing baggy cargo sweats, why is that the bummy sneakerhead go to fit?

I don't think Jordans hold you back fashion wise because you can def get a cleaner, look with certain Jordans. A big thing is your denim, I've gotten more into that and try to get dope washes and sleek fits, I've learned of the beauty of a tailor also for some jeans.

Only ones i wear are black red 1s...og color 2s....black cement 3s.....infrared 6s.......and taxi 12.
theres a fine line between an all purpose casual sneaker and kicks that look too much like basketball  performance shoes. In my opinion the 1s in non ridiculous colors (aj 1 kos especially) and 3s in the og colors are the only shoes in the main line that ride that line perfectly in my opinion. and the 1s do it the best. 

I been lost interest in kicks.. JB capitalized on the new generation and saturrated the game with too many sneakers and wack *** C/W. I started collecting in the late 90's and i now just pick up a shoe here or there because **** is so repetitive. Its literally something dropping every weekend or just about. Maybe I've grownup a lot in which i have but its not the same and hasn't been for the past 8 years.....

I think my biggest problem with this was that I went to a majority black HS and the shoe-craze hit us hard.

Latest kicks or hard to obtain fresh retros? You hit those hallways like Big Meech in '03.

Got me tons of play... Then I went to college where im one in like 100 black dudes on a campus of 10000+ students who couldn't care less what was on your feet.

Changed my perspective completely.

Lol I feel that. I remember when I went on a HBCU tour back in '05. Its was like a sneaker fashion show just walking around at every college :lol: Especially at NC A&T.

I remember wen i was little if a dude had the newest js he was the MAN. like everyone knew so and so had the new jordans...in school and on the block.

Now its like its weird if u dont have some jordans.

But i straight up cant believe some of these colors comin out lol.

They really look like fakes from 03.

I remember wen i was little if a dude had the newest js he was the MAN. like everyone knew so and so had the new jordans...in school and on the block.

Now its like its weird if u dont have some jordans.

But i straight up cant believe some of these colors comin out lol.

They really look like fakes from 03.
agreed.  in 2000-2007 the retro+ color ways were damn near as classic as the OG colors. back when there were like 5-6 major releases A YEAR

agreed.  in 2000-2007 the retro+ color ways were damn near as classic as the OG colors. back when there were like 5-6 major releases A YEAR
It's like they stopped trying after that. I mean all crimson red III's? Lime green and electric blue Jordans? Come on, b. FOH with tropical skittle Retros.

Completely threw me out of the Jordan Game forever. NEVER AGAIN.

Yeah it got boring buying shoes just to put in your closet. Last Jordan purchase was the Carmine package from 08

Last edited:

It's like they stopped trying after that. I mean all crimson red III's? Lime green and electric blue Jordans? Come on, b. FOH with tropical skittle Retros.

Completely threw me out of the Jordan Game forever. NEVER AGAIN.
See what they did to the 11s? Remember how iconic and genuinely rare it was to see them in the mid 2000s? now they've become a shoe where people can say whether or not theyre feeling the color enough to cop. That kind of talk was unheard of pre 2010

The shoe game has been wack for sometime... from 2012-2014 i only bought a couple pair of NB 574 to keep me fresh for a bit. Money wasnt coming in like it used to and sneakers i wanted sold out instantaneosly everytime. Not really back in the game but ive bought a few pairs this year and probably will by 1 or 2 more and thats that.. i work 5 days a week so wearing a new pair is kinda hard factoring kids ,grocery shopping, going to the park watching barney etc... lol...

Definitely lost it. I'll buy J's in spurts but for the most part unless it's an OG color way I missed out when I was young and broke I won't really mess with them like that.

The past couple months have seen me take a back seat on J's.  I think I've only bought (6) pairs or (1) a month.  Still a lot, but thats down from like 4-5 pairs a month.  LOL

and most bars and restaurants wont even let you in with boots or sneakers. and that just carried over to the other aspects of my life. seems like i actually have to go out of my way to throw on a fit that i can rock some kicks with. 

Those are the type of places you need to avoid.

No need to go out of your way to wear shoes you like. Just wear them.

Personally, I'm on the other end of this. I've really just started getting back into shoes. Fell off from basically 2010 to 2015. Moving, kids, etc got in the way. It became a hassle to try to keep up with the newest releases. Roshe runs brought me back, they're one of nikes best designs in years, are extremely comfortable, and are priced to move. But I'm loving how nike is releasing a bunch of older, sought after shoes in original colorways as gr's. Huaraches, uptempos, trainers, air maxes are generally easy to pick up. I can't mess with jordans anymore because they sell out with quickness online and cost over $150.

Those are the type of places you need to avoid.

No need to go out of your way to wear shoes you like. Just wear them.

Personally, I'm on the other end of this. I've really just started getting back into shoes. Fell off from basically 2010 to 2015. Moving, kids, etc got in the way. It became a hassle to try to keep up with the newest releases. Roshe runs brought me back, they're one of nikes best designs in years, are extremely comfortable, and are priced to move. But I'm loving how nike is releasing a bunch of older, sought after shoes in original colorways as gr's. Huaraches, uptempos, trainers, air maxes are generally easy to pick up. I can't mess with jordans anymore because they sell out with quickness online and cost over $150.
i dont mind the spots that require something other than sneakers to get it. tons of shoes that are far more comfortable AND suitable to go out with that id much rather wear then bulky jordans that i used to wear. But im with you on the other  kicks that nike is releasing. specifically the huaraches runs. theyre so much more comfortable than any jordan that i own. These are the huaraches i picked up recently. Obviously the triple blacks get the most wear.

yea, 99% of the shoes to me arent worth the effort anymore. Got older, got wiser, priorities changed.

Would rather spend $40 on some chucks and save $160 for a euro trip vs buying a $200 pair that will collect dust in the box/on the shelf. Still get the same *****, still look and feel just as fresh, and actually save money at the same damb time :smokin

Lost
Too many hoops to jump through to give a company $200+ for plastic and rubber. Don't think I'll ever lose interest, just not worth the hassle.

Exactly how I feel. I will always love kicks, but if I cant get them online when they release, I just won't get them. Hate the hassle. Even though im only 23, I still remember when if there was a new Jordan release that you really wanted you just had to be at the store 30 minutes early to be 100% sure you got ya pair. Over the last year all I have bought were Legend Blue 11's, Away Penny 1s, July 4th Lebron 11s, and Bred 11 lows. I plan to buy a pair of the fab 5 huaraches soon and maybe some new running shoes. I too have gained more interest in free runs, flyknits, and air max because I value comfort a lot more than I used to.

Between having to jump through flaming hoops to get a pair, my pockets not being as fat as they used to be and the prices constantly rising I've been pretty much done for a while. I still like shoes and there are still pairs I want but priorities. Just got a pair of SBs the other day. First pair of sneakers I've bought in over a year. Got em easy and if I missed out I wasn't stressing.

I still collect but it's impossible to keep up. Also you can't even have a solid connect anymore. Use to pay $20-$30 over retail but even those dudes got greedy. The culture is dead IMO, it's all about how much can I resell these for. All the new methods are annoying also, bots and raffles, I miss just waking up early on Saturday and hitting a shop to cop. I blame these kids however, I am on retro threads and they are paying dumb pre order and reseller prices for a want, then complain about that stuff. Stop supporting the beast!

Yet you have a pair of SBB's for sale for $400 :lol:

wear slippers 98% of the time, even at work. still probably have over a hundred pairs scattered in my car, at home, at work and at my parents house. my mom started giving away my shoes :lol: saw my brother wearing some air maxes and was like :nerd: and he said my mom been inviting people to just take shoes home with them from a pile that i had in the back of the house :frown: i'm not even gonna miss em.

wear slippers 98% of the time, even at work. still probably have over a hundred pairs scattered in my car, at home, at work and at my parents house. my mom started giving away my shoes :lol: saw my brother wearing some air maxes and was like :nerd: and he said my mom been inviting people to just take shoes home with them from a pile that i had in the back of the house :frown: i'm not even gonna miss em.
gift me some fam
what size?

Back
Top Bottom