Any NTers who are in medical field or Nurses? I need your opinion! I'll paypal $1

NT

I'm working on a new startup centered around the nurse community and anyone who wears scrubs. Its a monthly scrubs service called Scrubscriptions, an ecommerce subscription service for medical scrubs. LIke dollar shave club but for scrubs. Delivering you new scrubs every month.

Scrubs you ask? Its a billion dollar industry, nurses are required to wear scrubs each and everyday, and often many hospitals make nurses buy their own scrubs, the last thing a nurse wants to do on his/her day off is buy scrubs! They wanna live life and relax, not drive around wasting gas or time looking for best deal on scrubs. Even buy scrubs every month online is annoying, consistently having to log on, place your cc info, etc. why not have them come to your door every month!!

We know this is a niche, but if there is anyone out there who wears scrubs I'd like to get your opinion on what i'm working on. I'll paypal you $1 for your time and opinion :smile:

You can check us out on twitter @scrubscriptions

DM me or drop me a note at: matthew.harvey@scrubscriptions.com

What you think people still wearing JNCO's tryin to carry that amount of cash around in their pockets??????????

not the kinda answers I was hoping for, come on NT, I know there are some medical folks out there! @Solex you gotta get your own ideas bro lol

If you're trying to cater to people who are all into fashion/fit of their scrubs. I do know some hospitals let people wear any design they want and some people do like to wear scrubs with a cute/cool designs on them. Also, some of the women like those tight fitting scrubs (greys anatomy scrubs). But there's also a lot of people who couldn't care less about how they look. Personally for me, I like my scrubs to have lots of my pockets.

@omarm Cheap scrubs tend to rip, not form fitting and can fade easily, nurses have to replace these often. We will provide better scrubs, also there are many nurses out there who like new scrubs every month. Granted that a small number, we know this a niche

@jumpmankb yes those are online vendors, not subscription based. We see a void in the marketplace, again its a niche, we are just looking for a small slice of the market.

@jaysbboy yes, we have scrubs from top brands like Cherokee and Dickies, some have designs, some don't. We have form fitting ones as well. Thanks for the insight! If you wanna DM me your paypal address i'll shoot you over $1

@jumpmankb $1 for you too my man, DM me your paypal email.

ive had the same 2 pairs for over 2 years. People dont buy/need scrubs every month

I have never been to a hospital or surgicenter that didn't supply scrubs. Plus your idea is not novel and there are numerous huge company's that do this already

@Hanacheezy we're not for everybody, we've talked to many nurses who are interested in this.you havent found the need to replace them? The quality has held up

@TypeRPinoY yes some hospitals supply a minimum amount of scrubs, say 2 per month, also many hospitals give nurses a per diem to buy scrubs, rather than giving that per diem, they could give them a scrubscription. Many large companies? Are they delivering the scrubs right to the nurses door? They are most likely, a delivery and cleaning service, yes plenty of those out there.

You should teach people not to wear their scrubs out after they are done with work or during lunch. That's disgusting when you see someone with blood stains on their scrubs going grocery shopping. Plus when they go out during lunch and come back to work their bringing germs into a supposedly sterile environment if they work in the ER or OR.

@Frank Mucus damn thats a good suggestion! The scrubs market is ready for disruption...very very good points

Thing is I don't want my scrubs anywhere near my home. Most hospitals have policies that scrubs worn during patient care should not be worn to or from work to prevent nosocomial infection.

@TypeRPinoY I;m sure "some" do...but obviously scrubs are worn outside of work, right but our service is no different then a nurse ordering scrubs online, still come to their house, its just ours is every month

@Hanacheezy we're not for everybody, we've talked to many nurses who are interested in this.you havent found the need to replace them? The quality has held up

yes definately and wash them after every use or after 2 uses

@Nowitzness41 yeah we've thought about that, but we just need some small traction...I mean think about there is something like 5 million nurses in america, there are other jobs that where scrubs also...we only need .5% of that 5 million and we good

@Castomere appreciate that, are you a nurse? Do you work in the medical field?
No, but almost. I studied nursing for 1 term then shifted to I.T. 
laugh.gif

Your mascot should be Scalabrine.

Scalabrine = Scrub. 

If you need suppliers. Check this out.

http://www.blackhatworld.com/blackhat-seo/f68-dropshipping-wholesale-hookups/

Niche Guide:

http://www.blackhatworld.com/blackh...4-niche-guide-intro-part-1-finding-niche.html

Lots of other informative stuff as well.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom