Any NTers with throat tattoos?

Originally Posted by SShanique

Were these guys wanting neck tattoos raised in a two-parent household?
1ed267e42c99fe53830df201389149a5b0bd95ed.gif

Originally Posted by DaCitySlanga

Originally Posted by Across 110th st

say goodbye to any well paying job if you decide to get one
indifferent.gif

People always throw in the "professional job" card when it comes to a tattoo ANYWHERE!!  I dont have one on my neck but I do have one on my forearm.  yes I wore short sleeves on Casual Day during the summer and NO  i wasnt writtern up, fired, or looked down upon.  This is 2010 not 1910, a lot of people have body art.  You're boss might even have tattoos that you dont know about. 
2010 not 1910?
laugh.gif

They're probably saying that because it's uncommon to actually see someone with a well-paying job (entertainers excluded) with tattoos in visible areas like their neck. Personally, I have never seen it. Appearance is a big determinant when it comes to your career. Like someone said, you can't pick one instance out of many and ignore that having such a visible tattoo could hurt your chances at a job.

And why say someone's boss may have a tattoo they may not know about? If it's not visible, obviously, it's not a problem.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

Originally Posted by Across 110th st

say goodbye to any well paying job if you decide to get one

I hate when people think getting tats will mess your life up.

Be smart about it and have a lil foresight and everything will be fine.

'Well paying job' good luck getting one of those tats or NOT.
laugh.gif
go look at the unemployment numbers

If your 'well paying' job doesn't like your image it's not that hard to conform to corporate standards.

THIS, btw i have tattoos on my hands and i have 2 great paying jobs....tattoos in the work place i so common its not a problem anymore. Just as long as its nothing racist, or anything else out of pocket....its 2010

directed towards OP and anybody else thinking about getting a neck tat, what's more important??? Money? or having a tattoo that you may be wanting right now, that might be for the wrong reasons?

I don't know about ya'll but I value my marketability as a potential candidate for employment for any job that I would like to pursue. The fact of this matter is, if you get a tat on your neck it is not absolute that you will not get the job you desire however it is HIGHLY MOST LIKELY this will greatly affect your chances of consideration for a job. It is a tattoo and it is something that once you'll get, you'll have for the rest of your life so why not wait until you're in the career path you've went to school for or at least in a very successful position with whatever your endeavors are. I plan to get a 1/4 sleeve forearm tat, and I even thought about gettin an "R.I.P. Tat" on my neck for my grandmother. But what's the rush? Just wait til you have the financial freedom to make decisions like that carelessly, from your degree of concern for this topic I can see that, you're probably not yet in the financial position where these types of decisions and actions wouldn't affect you.

Just my opinion, as of now I possess no tattoos but I already have some designed on photoshop and I have 3 tattoo artists that I plan to have working on 3 parts of it. But it'll have to wait because I still have 3 years of school to finish and I need to get a better job than what I've had.

Originally Posted by Uptown1090Slime

Your EXTREMELY ignorant.
And you don't know the difference between "you're" and "your."

Anyway, where is DCAllAmerican when you need him?

I seriously don't know why anyone would get a tattoo on their neck, of all places?  And for what?  You know you'd be basically walking around looking like Mike Tyson, right?  But at least he only got that face tattoo after he was paid!

you'll just have to deal with the stereotypes. I have multiple tats the furthest going to my elbow and only about a third of it shows and some people always bring it up how i'm gonna regret it and how i shouldn't have it. It's annoying but I don't regret it at all.

Your EXTREMELY ignorant.

I seriously don't know why anyone would get a tattoo on their neck, of all places?  And for what?  You know you'd be basically walking around looking like Mike Tyson, right?  But at least he only got that face tattoo after he was paid!

what is a person who brings glitter and popsicle sticks on a first date doing giving out advice on life

i have a neck tattoo and i make a good living driving trucks all across america and canada

i guess its one of those to each his own type things, but if u plan on being a day trader or anything of the nature i dont advise it

Originally Posted by FedExciter

Your EXTREMELY ignorant.

what is a person who brings glitter and popsicle sticks on a first date doing giving out advice on life

i have a neck tattoo and i make a good living driving trucks all across america and canada

i guess its one of those to each his own type things, but if u plan on being a day trader or anything of the nature i dont advise it

Good point. A lot of people are coming in here saying 'but look at... he makes tons of money playing basketball' - but that's not the issue. Having tattoos doesn't matter when you are playing pro sports or making music - and they probably don't matter if you are a truck driver or many other well paying jobs - but if you want a job in a professional environment where companies care about the image you portray when you represent their company - then a neck tattoo is a dumb idea.

I'm failing to see the correlation between having/wanting a neck tattoo and being raised in a two-parent household.....

you're due for another stupid thread, so PLEASE go ahead and make this.

Uptown1090Slime wrote:

SShanique wrote:

Your EXTREMELY ignorant.

Shutup seriously. I advise you to stop posting because you just sound more stupid everytime you do. Obviously i made this thread to ask people that have one if THEIR lives have changed for the worse. You over here talkin about and if people that have them grew up in single parent homes like are you serious? Where does this ignorance come from?

Originally Posted by FedExciter

Your EXTREMELY ignorant.

It wasn't a first date.  The cheap ___ said he was broke.

You're a truck driver.  Cool.  I don't think people care about you having a tattoo with your profession.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I'm failing to see the correlation between having/wanting a neck tattoo and being raised in a two-parent household.....

I didn't say there was any correlation, so I don't have to elaborate. 

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I didn't say there was any correlation, so I don't have to elaborate. 
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]So why post something stupid/irrelevant like that? And he didn't even say to elaborate, but even if YOU wanted to, you couldn't because it has nothing to do with getting a neck tattoo.
indifferent.gif
[/color]

Me and my brother have our own business but i would never get a neck tattoo or any visual tattoos because people already are biased against young black men & if you have large tattoos regardless of what they say you are going to be judged..... Anything that will stop my cash flow I dont condone

Back
Top Bottom