Any of you guys try painting your own car?

its not easy, and not worth it. There is a reason professional paint jobs cost $$$. Unless you have the knowledge and the equipment, don't even bother.

laugh.gif
im picturing some random dude w/ a paintbrush going at it w/ his car right now.
laugh.gif

i want to get mine painted flat black...gonna wait till i have enough money saved though. cause good paint jobs cost a lot

Ive done my own prep work...entire car took me two days. A local paint shop gave me all the tips to do my own car including what primers, bondo and order ofsand paper. After the prep, I sent it to Maaco. Car came out show quality.....the trick is in the prep! Here are before and after pics.

before:

after:

i plan on doing this, i already have the compressor and the airgun for spraying. its just a matter of doing all the prep work that will suck. you have to sandalmost evrything down and straighten any dings and dents if you actually want to go that far

I've been seriously considering it. Like cuz said its alll about the prep. If your prep is trash your paint job is going to be trash. If I had an extrabeater I didn't care about I'd try it out. Rule how long has it been since you've had that paint job ***.

My uncle sprayed painted his Cadillac in his appartment complex parking lot.

no, but a lot of my friends krylon-ed theirs.

us s-chassis owners are a crazy bunch
happy.gif

just cover your whole car in rhino lining. you'll never have to worry about paint again.

Great Civic Wagovan i've always liked them, almost picked one up last year but when i got there it was a bucket and the dude didn't bother to tell himit was hit prior to me going there.
mad.gif

But as far as paint jobs like someone said prep work is key, shotty prep work ='s bad paint job. There have been some pretty successful roll on paint jobsbut you run the risk of it turning out like crap if the mix isn't quite right, i think the key to a roll on paint job is to find paint that self levelingso there are no runs on the paint.

i dont wanna paint my whole car..

i just wanna black out the Chevy emblems in the front and back...

does anyone know whats a good price for that?

if someone try to hull me, i might as well do it myself...

not to thread jack, homey... just askin... lol...

there are thread in every car forum, Ive been considering painting my 240 to either matte white or silver

That wagon is sick. Make sure you have the whole area where you are spraying is clean. Very clean. Any dirt will stick to the paint right after spraying. Keepthe right distance so you don't get runs in the paint. Dry sanding if you do. If its a beater you don't have to worry to much. Make sure you scuff thepaint that's on there so the new paint will stick to your scuffed surface. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom