any one ever heard of job corps ?

riverxbear

Banned
i was thinking of joining it free housing and they train you for free anyone ever done it or knew someone who did ?

Yeah, it's Corps pretty good program though. Teach you the skills you need and try to help you get a job once you graduate. And if you don't have ahigh school diploma or GED they help you with getting that too. Dudes at the Maine one usually sneak out and bounce across the border to Canada on theweekends. Drink up there if you're 18 and all that. All in all it's great program you should look into.

Im thinking of going. i was never handed much and im starting to get my mind of gear , and kicks for once. ill cop that later.

You might as well go, bro. Sitting around doing nothing. They help alot and if you can find a friend to go with you they're usually pretty good abouttrying to get you guys in the same bunk (pause for people who still do that) and ya'll can complete it together.

what im wondering is if the day u sign up is the day u can move in.

I told my homeboy to go with me in the bx.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I don't think it's the same exact day but I'm sure you can them and they'll fill you in on allowance and all that stuff.

Im going to call them 2morrow in the BX and see what it is and explain my situation.

Yeah my boy went. It took him a lil while because he went to some advanced mechanic training but now hes 21 yrs old making $50K with just his GED. Not tooshabby. If you got nothing else goin for you right now, go for it.

^ 50 K is good for people fresh out of college. i mean u can live and further your education on 50 k a year.

My Mom is a Job Corp Administrator. If you want more info or got some questions Holla at me I'll get you the real awnser not that Pamplet bull

My moms used to work at the Admission office on 3rd ave In the Bx. I been on campuses all over the Bx is a little old and I would say you need a certain levelof Maturity. A lot of the chicks have kids but hey they need a education too. I would say dont go local if you dont have to its to much of a distraction. Getout of your surroundings that would make it a lil easier for you to focus on what your there for, whatever program that maybe is probably located in anotherpart of the country. So go get away. be sure that job corp is what u wanna do cause its not a cake walk i think they give u like $50 every 2week allowance. Itsan awesome program for anyone between 16-24. I hope this info helps

I know about 3 dudes that went through there it didnt really work out for none of them lol But from what they told me they ran through a gang of broads lol

There 3 out here in DC and MD. They are pretty much in the cut, but from what I hear its a pretty good program for those getting back on their feet as far aseducation and a job. I say go for it.

Hats off to you for trying to make you future a better one homie

i lived in one of them schools for about 6 months...if you trying to handle ur buisness they help u out with getting a trade need somewhere to live and feedyou they actually cash u out little by little it raises with time being spent their...its basically like living at a university with security and all...but ifyour looking to have fun sleep with countless of women....do drugs and live wild then this is the place for you!!

Job Corps...been there done that. When I was there they were giving us like $16 and change every 2 weeks. Kats was glorifying that place like it was the bestthing known to man. They did sent me a $300 check for 3 months after I left. I guess it's good for you depending on ur situation.

Back
Top Bottom