Any other NBA players wear the AJ1?

I've wondered for a long time whether or not any other NBA players have worn the OG AJ1 in a game. I know manyplayers didn't like the fact that he had his own shoe early on in his career, so maybe that stopped them from wearing them on the court. Any help would begreatly appreciated!

M!ke

That's a good question. I don't remember anyone else wearing the AJ1 or AJ2 during their original release. I seem to remember Scottie Pippen wearingthe AJ3 and then other Bulls wearing later models (Kukoc, Longley, etc...)

Adidas, Converse, and Reebok dominated the sneaker era before Nike got itself into the basketball shoe business...

So I doubt anyone else wore the OG 1 when they released.

I don't really remember anybody to wear AJ's before the IX's!
But as much as I remember I caught a glimpse of some of his teammates wore the black IV's so it was obviously in a playoff game, and I think it was againstCleveland. Maybe even Doug Collins with his suits! And maybe I saw someone to wear black VII's, but I don't know who, and which team's player, butI may be completely wrong...
frown.gif

I think he could prohibit other players to wear his shoes, if he didn't like them! (their game)

Truth be told, MJ's bold defiance with the AJ 1 versus the uniform code, I doubt ANYONE else wore the AJ1. I cant think of ANY other NBA player wearing anAir Jordan shoe till the 9s. Correct me if I'm wrong someone.

Originally Posted by BigSlamDaddy

I don't really remember anybody to wear AJ's before the IX's!
But as much as I remember I caught a glimpse of some of his teammates wore the black IV's so it was obviously in a playoff game, and I think it was against Cleveland.

i think it was craig hodges who wore the black 4s...

Originally Posted by vick619

wouldnt wear them for ballin either, they are unconfortable

1994 Retros are good in terms of comfort. 2001 and beyond was either too soft or lacking cushioning.
Well not NBA, but some St. John's players woreAJ 1's back in 85.

back in the day, it wasn't cool to play in another man's sig shoes.

i wish that still applied today.

pretty sure there were TB colors for the NCAA, i know there was a washington colorway....not NBA...

^ College players wore dunks durning that era...

But Rumeal Robininson from Michigan did wear OG military 4s with the Wolverines.

I sincerely doubt any of the NBA players wore the OG Air Jordan 1 because of reasons already mentioned. MJ was taking brash measures to wear the AJ1 on thecourt in the 1st place and David Stern and the NBA were not shy about hitting him with fines (which of course Nike gladly payed off). Besides that, other guyswere comfortable wearing Converse (such as Dr. J) and Adidas in the games. Nike wasn't yet a mainstay in the NBA, and some of Jordan's team matesthought of Jordan as a cocky young star who hadn't payed his dues yet. So with the hefty fines Jordan was taking, and the envy other guys showed himit's doubtful to say the least.

Craig hodges...blk/red ivs...playoffs

I was playin ball @ the Y 2 days ago, and this dude almost twisted his ankle out of his vandals..and I was like,"why the eff is this dummy wearing vandalsanyway?" ,lmao...so imagine chucks back in the day.

Back
Top Bottom