Any retro + colors better than ogs?

Like the title says, does anyone think that there are some retro+ colorways that are better than their OG counterparts? If so, give the colorway you like and the OG you think this colorway is better than.

I myself think the:
white/stealth V is better than the grapes
flint grey and cool grey IX are better than the olive IX
any retro XIV is better than the chutney XIV low
the black/chambaray VII along with the white/flint-purple VII are better than the Cardinals and Hares.

These lists will be subject to high scrutiny so have your flame suits on!
Check out my Ebay Auctions:

Deadstock Air Jordan XX Size 13
Item# 190166967331

Quote:
:stoneface:
indifferent.gif

Quote:
flint grey and cool grey IX are better than the olive IX

nah...olive IX's are hot...straight winter kicks wit army camo.

Quote:
the black/chambaray VII along with the white/flint-purple VII are better than the Cardinals and Hares.
team platano/BLACKMARKET
check out da myspace
teamdecepticon
T R A N S F O R M E R S​

What can I say ninjahood, I have never liked the grapes.

Item# 190166967331

In general, I was never a fan of the Retro Plus concept, but it's become such a large part of the hobby since it was introduced, I've either warmed to the idea or just given in to the fact that they're going to be there.

Having said that, of course there are SOME retro plus colorwars that are better than SOME of their original colorway counterparts. It would be extremely sad if, with all the retro pluses that have come out, Jordan Brand had yet to release a single retro plus colorway that surpassed one of the original colorways of each model.

I thought that the cool grey IXs and the black/carolina XIIs actually surpassed most of the original colorways of those models. I liked the chartreuse XIVs better than the white/red originals. These are just a few examples.

In general, original colorways as a group are better, but there have been some hot retro pluses over the last half-decade plus that they've been producing them.

Nope
THE JOKER GANG
"In my dream, the world had suffered a terrible disaster. A black haze shut out the sun, and the darkness was alive with the moans and screams of wounded people. Suddenly, a small light glowed. A candle flickered into life, symbol of hope for millions. A single tiny candle, shining in the ugly dark. I laughed and blew it out."​

Supermanblue79,

You are obsessed with those unreleased IV's :lol:
laugh.gif

I hope JB releases those one day, I know you will be the happiest man on the earth. :b
tongue.gif
TEAM LAKERS
DODGERS
1955 - 1959 - 1963 - 1965 - 1981 - 1988
TEAM L.A. KINGS

This post is all opinion, no need to bash other peoples. None the less...

Item# 190166967331

I agree with blee23
Quote:
Ice Blue Xs are my fav Xs

and AO17 on the 5s.

I like the Cool Grey 3s a lot, I dunno which 3s they are better than, since the OG 3s are all really great too.

Lightning 4s are my favorite 4, yellow is my favorite color, so Im biased on that one. Along the same lines I like the Tour 4s.

The blue low 2s I thought were the best 2 colorway as well.

a lot of the retro + 7s are good, including the frenchies, citruses and the womens one with yellow on them (if they made bigger women shoes I'd wear them)

blue pearl 9s are my favorite 9 also.

I consider myself more open minded about retro + and OGs, i just like whatever i think looks nice, i dont really care when they were orginally released. After typing this I realize I might like yellow and blue more than red and black.

grapes are the hottest V ever! i like the black and carolina XIVs better than the black toes though. also nubucks XIIs over the white navy and carolina XIIs.

I agree about the Ice Blue X's. They are my favorite X ever released.....besides that OG kills all, not because they are original colorways....I just dig them more.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Hatred is the coward's revenge for being intimidated.​

i dont care what anyone says, nubuck XII is the best XII IMO :pimp:
pimp.gif
(|TEAM JAYS|)
A.J. Burnett--Roy Halladay--Troy Glaus--Aaron Hill--Lyle Overbay--Alex Rios--Vernon Wells--Frank Thomas​

i hate the hare's. they look weird with the green and red. they also look plain.

white/grey/purple viis > hares

i got the feelin that people only like them cuz they are an OG colorway, and if jordan had played in the greywhitepurple ones first, then they would be sayin they were better then the hares if the hares were a retro + colorway.

people d-ride the OG colors too much :smh:
smh.gif

if aquas and grapes where retro+ ya would be saying how theyre garbage
if flips or dtrt IIIs where OGs ya would cop multiple pairs of each :smh:
smh.gif

EquipoTRIcolor
DallasMavs
DallasCowboys
Teamxbox360
.:GT- PacmanVick:.​

^^co-sign, some people just follow the "hype" of the OG's, and only dislike other shoes just because they aren't OG.
I don't need a sig to fit in...

Quote:

:lol:
laugh.gif
:smh:
smh.gif

Quote:
>:
mad.gif

Take that @#%$ to ISS!

Quote:
if aquas and grapes where retro+ ya would be saying how theyre garbage
if flips or dtrt IIIs where OGs ya would cop multiple pairs of each
SITUATION NASTY LIKE COLLEGE CHICKS

i wouldnt say better than OGs but my fav retro+ colorway are the olympic VI's
AIM - djshabby2004 -best way to reach me

Back
Top Bottom