Any Shoe Spots in Central PA (PSU)?

Will be heading up to penn state this fall, hoping my sneaker game will not fall off due to location.

Does anybody know about the scene up there?
Team Blue Devils
Gerald Henderson #15
The Future...

you better start stocking up now then bc there isn't @#%$ in State College PA

I went to PSU an grad this past May, there is absolutely nothing

there is a crappy Finishline in their crappy mall but thats about it really, im sure if you stay there for all 4 yrs tho, something will open up b/c of how mainstream the whole sneaker culture has become
Hard Knocks Open Tough Locks

^^^^^ He basically summed it up

Nothing around there at all....get used to using ebay

**oh and Good Luck at PSU...its a great school and a lot of fun (most of my high school goes/went there, so I was always visiting and it was awesome)
References: Dstylesz, DippedinSauce, 160jordansdeep,John Nike VA, Comradess,mike493961, collie, whitetbluejeansnnikes...5 positive feedback points on ISS.com

psu alum here...yeah there is less than nothing there shoe wise.

ebay will be your best friend, i used to just get phone orders back in the day but those are harder to come by now.

good luck at school.
theVILLE
friend or foe state ya biz...
AIM: johnnyblaze036

Hope you like drivin. I know somebody that goes to PSU and has to come home to Pittsburgh in order to cop stuff. so if you want you cant take a lil trip to Harrisburg and cop from there. If it's Lstyles and exclusive kicks then get in good wit the folks at Sneaker Villa and they'll look out for you.

Quote:
If it's Lstyles and exclusive kicks then get in good wit the folks at Sneaker Villa and they'll look out for you.
References: Dstylesz, DippedinSauce, 160jordansdeep,John Nike VA, Comradess,mike493961, collie, whitetbluejeansnnikes...5 positive feedback points on ISS.com

seriously State College is in the middle of nowhere

I used to have to come home on weekends bc I missed the city life but its fun time up there, enjoy it my man

be careful, cops are bastards, they are more concerned with giving you underages then actually dealing with real crimes

Hard Knocks Open Tough Locks

I appreciate everybody's responses. I'll be sure to bring stuff from home. I do have family in Pittsburgh, so that should help but maybe this will help me slow down in the sneaker game.

Good lookin out 729, I sincerely hope I won't get caught up with the police, but I do enjoy getting wasted so that might be a problem.
Team Blue Devils
Gerald Henderson #15
The Future...

Lived in the State College area for 21 years, just recently moved away.

Shoe stores are as follows:

Shoe Fly (downtown)
@#%$ (north side of town)
Mall (east side of town)
Champs
Footlocker
Finishline

None of these places offer anything too crazy. I worked as an AM at the Finishline for about 18 months and we'd get about one size run of GR retros because of the way Finishline allocates to their stores. Just give the store a call most of the people that work there are pretty cool and are willing to work with you.

Footlocker is just an empty POS. They may have the largest store as far as square footage is concerned but 2/3 of it is open and then the rest is just the Footlocker tshirts and crap.

Champs is between Footlocker and Finishline in regards to product, but nothing to write home about.

If you're lookin' for LS J's and what not you have Sneaker Villa in both Philly and Pittsburgh. Philly is a little longer plus tolls make it more expensive. Depending on which way you go to Pittsburgh you could go down on 22 all the way into the city or I-80 to I-79 takes you right downtown. Goin' the interstate is probably about half an hour longer but you pass by Grove City outlets which offer some decent clothing stores but the Nike Store blows as far as shoes. In Pittsburgh there's also Honus Wagner store and the Footlocker is an alternative although you won't find LSs there.

If you're searchin' for SBs there's a place in Harrisburg called Fishbone that carries them every now and again. Give them a call before you make the trip as it can be an easy hit or miss. Harrisburg area also offers 3 malls I believe so there are options but it's a little more than an hour and a half drive to get there.

Other notable LS account lies in Scranton which is about 2 and a half hours away at the Footaction in Steamtown mall. They don't get every one but they do pull some now and again. Like I said before just make some calls.

Locally your best choice is Finishline. If they don't have the shoes there ask if they can do a store search and see if you can get it transferred.

As far as fun you'll enjoy Penn State and sadly you'll probably fall into the drinking habit quicker than you realize. It's a huge problem in the area but other than fining people it seems like no one cares about it.

If you're lookin for LS's you're better off not comin to Pittsburgh, the Sneaker Villa in East Liberty is shuttin down and the ppl that run SV are shady so to speak. They tend to increase the prices of LS kicks. Get connects anywhere, there's ppl in the JB forum that would be willin to help out for a small fee. I would but it's even hard for me to cop LS's b/c of "Shiesty" Villa

Back
Top Bottom