Any Snowboarders on NT?

Just wondering how many NTers are into snowboarding. If you are, post where you ride, what type of gear you're using, etc...

Anyways, I got into snowboarding for about 3 years when I was younger, and now I'm just starting to get back into it. I can't wait until it snows! I'm in Vancouver, BC by the way...
When your girl don't call you when you beep her
and you hit it and her thing feel deeper...
Say my name

-Team RealTalk-

i snowboard. i go to big bear and sierra summit here in central cali.
this winter vacation im taking a road trip with my boys to a cabin in canada.
yea i dont know which part of canada dudes got his cabin in but doesnt matter. haha
snowboarding is pretty ill and im looking forward to it.
TEAMATLANTAHAWKS​

I snowboard whenever I get the chance. Every winter :pimp:
pimp.gif
EAGLES LAKERS DODGERS

I snowboard. Didn't go up much last season so I want to go up as much as possible this season.
Quote:
[Kanye]WHY CAN'T THEY GIVE AN NTer A CHANCE MAN I GOT THE MOST POSTS IN THE COUNTRY RIGHT NOW FAM[/Kanye]

-RawSheed

I ride or die.

Live in NY, so it's mostly trips to VT, with some Hunter & other mountains sprinkled in.

Hoping to go out west again this year, we've got a 4-day trip for 14 of us planned to Stowe for New Year's.
TEAMNEWYORKMETSget busy livin or get busy dyin, that's g-ddamn right
EMAIL:DDOTSEVEN@GMAIL.COM

Very nice...

I'd love to go on a snowboarding trip. That and a golf trip, but I don't really have the time/money for either...

Also, I was just wondering what size board you guys ride? I just bought a 159, but I'm not sure if it's going to be big enough for freeride. I weigh 155 by the way...
Say my name
-Team RealTalk-

That should be fine for freeride. I ride a Burton Baron 162 and I'm 165 lbs. I don't know, I'm not very "by the book" with it though.

What board?

Does anyone know if i'm a sz 11 boot, can i ride a reg board or do i have to go with a wide? I currently ride a 154 wide, but I want to try a reg width board.

Also, i thought the size of the board was measured depending on your height not weight?
Aim: sndttan88
Email: sndttan88@gmail.com

cant wait for the snow to get here...cannot wait

Team Pizziaolo
- RED SOX FOR LIFE -​

Man, NT got me jacked up about the snowboarding season last year, but I went and tore my knee up in September and didn't get the chance to go once.

I haven't done it in about five years, but I'd really like to get back into it again.
TEAM GRAMMAR POLICE
whywesteppin 23ska909red02 KingLouisXIV DS 530s Finest sir hendrix Rexanglorum Kiddin Like Jason
TEAMCOWBOYS

I go to my closest spot which is mt. high. going to buy gear soon !
"If you can walk with kings, nor lose the common touch"

ddot7,
I don't think I'm going to go "by the book" either, I think the most important factor is personal preference. Anyways, I just bought a GNU, and I think it should be fine for my weight...

BiggerBizness,
The majority of people say board size is primarily determined by your weight because the snowboard doesn't know how tall you are. However, some people still maintain that the ideal board size can be determined by its relation to your chin, nose, etc. Anyways, as for the width of the board, that is something I've been wondering about myself. I too wear a size 11 and have heard differing advice as to whether I should be riding a wide board...

This eBay guide seems to give pretty good advice:

reviews.ebay.com/A-Guide-...LISTINGS:2When your girl don't call you when you beep her
Say my name
-Team RealTalk-

I ride a wide board and I wear an 11. You kinda have to put your boot on the board and see how much it hangs over and if you're gonna get toe or heel drag. It was trial and error for me though, the last board I rode wasn't wide and I could feel it.

From what I know, you always go by weight first. But if you're 6'2" 170 lbs, you're probably gonna ride a longer board than someone that's 5'7" 170. Nah mean?

I can't weight for the season to start, last year we didn't really even get snow til it was practically Feb, it sucked.

Yeah I hope it starts snowing on my local mountains soon. I hope it starts early this year because I seriously can't wait...
Say my name
-Team RealTalk-

Going to Park city this year in Mid December. Cant wait!
Economic Hitman​

This is when living in Miami has it's drawbacks. :lol:
laugh.gif

Although I have been snowboarding twice; once at a place outside of Vegas, and once in Gatlinburg Tennessee. Fun as hell, but tough to pickup. Unfortunately there is video evidence of me falling. A lot. :lol:
laugh.gif
:smh:
smh.gif
"Sports Do Not Build Character, They Reveal It." - John Wooden
TEAM AM FAM

I love snowboarding. I make the occasional trip to Colorado, but there is a place in W.Va. called Snowshoe that is the best place I've been east of the Mississippi.

I ride a 2004 Burton Custom with Burton SI Bindings, I also have a pair of older regular Burton bindings and boots that aren't SI that I use if I get serious, which is never.
TEAM ARSENAL
Lehmann
Sagna-Eboue-Toure-Gallas
Rosicky-Gilberto-Fabregas-Denilson
Eduardo-Van Persie​

last year it hardly snowed...spring arrived in mid-february.... :\
ohwell.gif
:smh:
smh.gif

hope it snows alot more this year....
...it is what it is.

I live in Maryland so I either go up to Liberty or if and when I get the opportunity, I go up to Seven Springs in PA.
GALATASARAY SK​

I'm pumped for this season. Here's a low down on my gear..
Gnu Carbon High Beam from 04' 158cm
and just got some new Burton Cartel bindings, and new DC boots which are pretty comfy.

Back
Top Bottom