Any successful gf weight loss stories?

So I been dealin wit this chick for about 2 years now. And at the beginning things weren't as serious as they are now but I still told her from rip that I don't like girls who gradually become fat/out of shape. She said she would never let herself go. So here I am facing this issue. Got her to get a planet fitness membership which she doesn't use. Nothing's working. Am I shallow for considering leaving? Anybody ever been in this situation? Sucks because I make effort to try and keep every aspect of myself sharp

:lol: It's not shallow. Some things just don't jive.

I'd never get myself in a relationship with someone who doesn't consider exercise and healthy eating to be a routine part of their day.

Not shallow but I do think you should have a serious conversation with her about it. Let her know how you feel and if things don't change then it may be time for you to go.

I'm trying to do the same thing with my girl. she just needs a little guidance is all. She's dropped almost 30lbs already and wants to lose 15 more. Once it warms up, we're gonna start running together. My advice is to find a sport she likes and get her to play it.

Not shallow.

you laid your cards on the table early on.

this would honestly make me mad too especially since i pride myself on maintaining a healthy lifestyle

do you work out OP? doesnt she see that and wanna join you or get motivated to go herself?

Ever since my son popped out my girl has had a gut to match that mass smh

Care
I'm trying to do the same thing with my girl. she just needs a little guidance is all. She's dropped almost 30lbs already and wants to lose 15 more. Once it warms up, we're gonna start running together. My advice is to find a sport she likes and get her to play it.
so you found a sport for her? She's kind of the lazy couch potato didn't like gym class type. she isn't completely out of shape but clearly headed there. I'm active I work two jobs I have a workout routine which I'm always telling her about. I've tried the gym with her but I'm a lot more busy than she is so I can't really be there with her as much as I want

So I been dealin wit this chick for about 2 years now. And at the beginning things weren't as serious as they are now but I still told her from rip that I don't like girls who gradually become fat/out of shape. She said she would never let herself go. So here I am facing this issue. Got her to get a planet fitness membership which she doesn't use. Nothing's working. Am I shallow for considering leaving? Anybody ever been in this situation? Sucks because I make effort to try and keep every aspect of myself sharp

View media item 188725
your going to be forever alone if you keep that up ijs

While you're in bed with her, grab on to her sides but kind of hold on for a second longer, like you're unfamiliar with this new "feel" so to speak.

kind of give a look that says "hmm well thats interesting..."

she'll be in the gym in no time

^ I would rather be up front with the person, if thats what it is then thats what it is. I wouldn't be offended if a female told me that. You both know what the expectations are from the start so if there is an issue it isn't like shes never heard his view point on it before.

But you are right that is a bit harsh to say :lol:

View media item 188725your going to be forever alone if you keep that up ijs
How you figure? She's one of those type females that I can be like that with so I told her. I addressed this issue times before with her in not so nice ways she's still here. I'm not like that with every girl tho. Def won't be forever alone but I really jus wanna know if there's hope for this situation lol I don't wanna feel bad about leavin somebody for that.

IMO, I think it is shallow. I agree with Manny1. If it's not this, you'll find something else to pick at to make the one your with suitable to what YOU want. Just cut the bs and be your own gf :lol:. What happens if you get married and have kids and build a life and she gains weight? You going to flush your entire life away (family included)? Also, how do you know there are things about you that she doesn't like. These things go both ways man.

While you're in bed with her, grab on to her sides but kind of hold on for a second longer, like you're unfamiliar with this new "feel" so to speak.

kind of give a look that says "hmm well thats interesting..."

she'll be in the gym in no time
This.

I was spooning with my ex one time and put my hand on her gut. She immediately took it off. I was like "Why? It's warm and soft". I acted serious even though I wasn't. Needless to say she immediately hit a fitness class on campus the next day. 

IMO, I think it is shallow. I agree with Manny1. If it's not this, you'll find something else to pick at to make the one your with suitable to what YOU want. Just cut the bs and be your own gf :lol:. What happens if you get married and have kids and build a life and she gains weight? You going to flush your entire life away (family included)? Also, how do you know there are things about you that she doesn't like. These things go both ways man.
no that's different weight gain and shape loss is expected after kids. But at least try I just don't get it. She gives me concern about things and boom the effort is made to correct the issue. There's just excuses which irritate me because I don't really have excuses for what she wants. Family life is possibly later down the line and by that time people usually stop caring about those types of things

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom