Any whisky drinkers on here?

Originally Posted by moonmaster3

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

LIES!!!!.. because of this thread i went to go get some johnny black label and its @!###*% gross... i have a wide range of things to drink.. my go to is henny...  but i also drink crown, jameson, goose, patron, bombay and much more... im opened minded to a lot of spirits... im gonna keep on drinking it so see if my pallet will get used to the flavors but as a first impression its nasty...
o88i1d.jpg

I mean no offense to you, but just based off the brands you listed..you really don't have a trained pallet. The analogy would be someone who goes from wine coolers to a nice cold beer. 
Patron, Goose, Crown are TERRIBLE spirits. The only reason they are so popular is because of packaging and media. For whiskey...start off with Macallan 12. You're going to want to focus on single malts and things that aren't overly caramelized. 

Another thing -- you DO NOT drink whiskey with that much ice or water in it. Literally a small splash of water is all you need. Anything more than that is killing your drink and wasting your money. 
laugh.gif
those are just some names to throw out.. i drink more don julio then patron... crystal skull and ketel one over goose.. crown, captain private stock or whatever.. im not saying those are the only brands i stick to...i just pointed out the different types of spirits im willing to try and drink from cognac to gin..

i had to add more ice because it tasted like *#* straight.. tasted just like my heat losing today.. you can get some nice spirits for $40 -$50.. i shouldnt have to add anything that is around that price..

Been meaning to get a bottle of Makers Mark.
I usually roll with

Jack Daniels or Johnnie Walker (red label)

I know it's not the best tasting whiskey, but I just got a 1.75 liter bottle of Johnnie Walker Red Label whiskey on sale for 20.50! Couldn't let the deal go by. I'll probably use it as a mixer as it is probably too "alcohol tasting" to drink straight, i'd rather have me some Jameson neat.

Originally Posted by BigShake

I know it's not the best tasting whiskey, but I just got a 1.75 liter bottle of Johnnie Walker Red Label whiskey on sale for 20.50! Couldn't let the deal go by. I'll probably use it as a mixer as it is probably too "alcohol tasting" to drink straight, i'd rather have me some Jameson neat.

Don't play yourself. 
I used to sip that stuff for about a month.  What a terrible decision.

Taste is really not that good, and it made me overly aggressive for no reason.

Originally Posted by nosqadupper

Suntory Yamazaki 12 and 18 year
bottle12.jpg
bottle18.jpg

This!
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

My roommate had a 200 dollar bottle of some whiskey. Our neighbor brought this over too, everyone agreed this was better. Its only 50 bucks too, I'd highly recommend it.

finished my bottle of macallan the other day and picked up a bottle of makers mark thanks to the suggestions on here..

i must say, i'm surprised by how smooth it is altho it has slightly higher alcohol content. no stinging or burning, just goes down smooth. best part is, it costs only half the amount!

pimp.gif
, another favorite topic of discussion on NT.

Here are my picks:
Macallan: 12, 15, 17 and 21 all worked for me. Haven't tried the others but I wouldn't mind trying the older ones or the varietal casks versions.
Glenlevit: 12, 15, 18 and 21 (same notes as the Macallan).
Glenfidditch: 12, 14, 15, 18
Laphroaig: 10 (really want to try 18 and above)
Lagavulin: 16 (my staple)
Suntory Yamazaki: 12 and 18 (only got to try this version once, pricey but well worth it if you can afford it).

Defaults (Whiskies, Bourbon and Blends if I can't afford the above).
Woodford Reserve
Jameson
Bulleit Bourbon
Johnnie Walker (Green, Black (majority of the time rotates with my JD) and Blue (just tried it recently, makes me wonder if the King George version is the hype).

Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom