Anybody check their credit score/report lately?

it takes time man stay current on your cc and dont get to close to your cc limit thats all i did, i just have two cards and a car note ,one of those cards use to be secured after about a year the bank gave me an unsecured 1000 dollar card

My car is just about paid off.. With a 640 FICO score what type of interest rate should I expect if I got a new vehicle?

Originally Posted by sofly4life88

if u dudes not checking myfico its a good chance them arent ur actual scores

How are they different and do they use the same credit lines/cards/debt that your credit score shows?

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Percentile: Your credit rating ranks higher than 50.12% of U.S. consumers.

pimp.gif

Your score is higher than: 79.26% of the U.S population.

grin.gif

Freecreditreport.com - Got a 770
It's free once a yr. i believe they're through Experion. You have to register with your credit card info and cancel before 7 days. After you check your score, cancel your account to avoid the charges.

Creditkarma.com - Got a 783 (Was put on to this through fox 5 news
pimp.gif
)
This site is completely free. All you have to do is register with your email and you get your score on the spot.

I stay on top of my credit due to the fact that I'm always cross-referenced with my father and his credit is turrible word to CB34. Being a JR. FTL.

Originally Posted by tim teufel

Originally Posted by davidisgodly

who takes 30 year loans?!?! suckers take 30 year loans.

dumbest thing i have read in a while.

hahahaha

i take a 30 year fixed loan cause...

a) i plan on being in the house for awhile
b) i cant afford the mortgage payment on a 15 or 20 year loan

For those asking how to raise your credit score, there isn't really any magic trick behind it (or if there is, I need to know it ASAP).  Just pay your bills on time and develop a good pay history.  Dont max out your credit cards or get anywhere near it.  You want to have a relatively high available revolving credit percentage.  Dont close too many accounts.  Dont be constantly opening and closing accounts.  Dont apply for credit all the time (too many inquiries can drive down a score).

CAFinest23 - man I feel for you.  If I have kids, I will never name them after me.  I specialize in the subprime sector and you wont believe how many Jr's or III's that come across my desk with terrible credit because they have stuff on their that belongs to their father or grandfather.  Its like the credit bureaus dont even double check stuff.  Ive seen delinquent tradelines going back 20 years when the applicant is 25 years old.  $$$... shouldnt it be common sense that a 5 yr old cant take out any credit?

always pay ur bills on time and never go past 50% of watever your limit is on your credit cards or your scores will drop. so yeah even tho you keep making those minimum payments on time if your over 50% your scores will drop

You can get a full credit report with scores from all 3 bureaus for free, just cancel before 1 month is up. Somebody told me that those credit report commercials only give you your score from 1 of the 3 bureaus and don't give you any more info or detail, you gotta pay for that

quickest way to see change in a positive way is to lower your credit utilization. Once lowered the score will chick as soon as the lower balanced is reported. Also the official scores come from myfico, you can only view/buy Equifax and transunion scores. Experian backed out from public viewing their fico score.

laugh.gif
I learned all this after seeing what my credit was. I guess you got to learn somehow.

Yo for those who do not want to check their credit... You're pretty much shooting yourself in the foot and ultimately in the head. Check it ASAP and get in a habit of being on top of your credit. Bad credit = headche for your life.

For those looking to build, re-build or just have questions in general about credit I highly recommend the forums on www.creditboards.com

I am on the annual credit report website where do I check my score?
I was transferred to the Experian website which says that I need to join in the triple Advantage[sup][emoji]174[/emoji][/sup]Credit Monitoring. In addition to the $1 fee for your Credit Report and Score then I will receive my score...

[font=Arial, Verdana, Helvetica]
[/font]

[font=Arial, Verdana, Helvetica]do you get charged $1.00 to view your credit score?[/font]

All them checks that bounce, late bill payments. I can't afford a doctor bill right now, so I will check later.

I usually check freecreditreport.com which is ironic because it isn't free
laugh.gif

I'm about to cancel that.  My score there is 638
smh.gif
(%@%!
mad.gif
)

That's Experian.

I signed up with myFICO (creditreport.com) which I will have to cancel too so I don't get charged.  My TransUnion score is 715.

Finally, I just signed up for Credit Karma seems like a solid Mint.com type site.  Hope I don't get charged.  It has my most generous score...750.

I got this medical bill that I will finally be done paying off in a couple of months that is dragging my score down.

I don't get how all this works, everyone has contradicting advice and every site has a different score...go figure.

It is what it is.

I have never been rejected for a loan (Credit Union FTW) and my interest rates have always been generous.

However, I will find it funny/ironic if I go to a commercial bank to get a Home Loan and they reject me for not  being "qualified" for a loan.  [Chappelle Voice] $$%$$, you went bankrupt!, My +#*%++* tax dollars bailed your @+% out {Chappelle Voice]

This is a helpful thread.  Thanks for the heads up on Credit Karma.

Back
Top Bottom