Anybody debadge their own car?

al audi

Banned
For those who have their car debadged did you attempt it yourself or just take it to a shop?

what steps if you did it yourself, please.

Also where my Subaru NTrs?

Grab your girl's hair dryer. Get some dental floss. Fire up the hair dryer on the badge you want to remove until the adhesive on the back of it is nice and melted. Slide the floss between the whip and badge and remove.

Just make sure the adhesive is heated up nicely and you should be good.

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

Grab your girl's hair dryer. Get some dental floss. Fire up the hair dryer on the badge you want to remove until the adhesive on the back of it is nice and melted. Slide the floss between the whip and badge and remove.

dont forget the goo-gone and a wash/wax when done.

Originally Posted by HigherGround

change the A to S

you will get more vagina
For those who hsve their csr debsdged did you sttempt it yourself or just tske it to s shop?

whst steps if you did plesse.

Slso where my Subsru NTrs? 
indifferent.gif
 It makes absolutely no sense.

Originally Posted by doosta45

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

dont forget the goo-gone and a wash/wax when done.

damn you make it sound so easy............

how close should the hair dryer be?

brobro i believe youre mad doggy.

Originally Posted by BroboCop

Originally Posted by HigherGround

change the A to S

you will get more vagina
For those who hsve their csr debsdged did you sttempt it yourself or just tske it to s shop?

whst steps if you did plesse.

Slso where my Subsru NTrs? 
indifferent.gif
 It makes absolutely no sense.

roll.gif
roll.gif

That went WAY over your head.  Either that or my sarcasm detector is faulty. 

yea it went over my head. im madd tired...............also ive been bummin rides for like 3 weeks now...........um almost died.............long story. man i know ive missed a lot on NT.

edit:

Better to skip all of the "old school" advice here and do as follows.
Parkyour car in the sun and let it sit for a while. This is all the theheat you'll need, epsecially in Summer. Then clean off the dirt on andaround the emblems to be removed. Finally, and this is the mostimportant part, use a good automotive adhesive removerlike 3M or Sticker Shock (never Goo-Gone or Goof-Off). Squirt itliberally on the back of the emblem, where the adhesive is. (For therear "VW," just lift up the rubber surround a bit.) Let sit a fewminutes, and squirt again. Repeat 1-2 more times. Keep a rag handy tomop up any excess.

Now you should be able to slowly, carefullyunpeel the emblem. The adhesive will typically stay in one piece,minimizing any junk left on the paint. Whatever's left is easilycleaned with more adhesive remover.

That's it! Simple, clean, and undamaging
emthup.gif
ill try this

Back
Top Bottom