Anybody else feel guilty when...

Coming from someone that spent 4 years in a wheelchair before I learned to fully walk, this thread is silly.

Originally Posted by I AM KNOWLEDGE

Coming from someone that spent 4 years in a wheelchair before I learned to fully walk, this thread is silly.

Didn't have the knowledge I presume

Originally Posted by AJChick23

roll.gif
at walking with a limp to make them feel better...
laugh.gif
I'm sayin.
Have some empathy for them but don't start faking injuries thinking that makes them feel better.

Originally Posted by MrBrown

Originally Posted by I AM KNOWLEDGE

Didn't have the knowledge I presume
The knowledge to learn how to walk again after a spinal cord injury?  Or were you trying to get a cheap laugh with the pun of my user name?  My think is thicker than the average person, and can appreciate a good joke, but that was pretty lame bro
ohwell.gif

I gotta wear this big #$% boot cuz I broke my foot, and now everywhere I go I see at least one person with the same thing.  I hug them and whisper

129967424262.png

so i'd say sympathy, op. sympathy.

Originally Posted by JKomorowski09

Originally Posted by Mitchellicious

You see a person in a wheelchair and you're walking around like it ain't no thing. I always feel strange and start walking with a limp or something to try and make them feel better.

???

but nah i have a fully blind guy in my chem class at school and i feel bad about that

a blind cat in CHEMISTRY?wow... make sure to cut class on "Acids, Bases and You" day.

Nope, I treat like like everybody else. They don't want to be feel left out or looked down upon.

I met this group of guys last week & started talking to them about their cars.

A bug got on one of the guys leg & I didn't notice that he had a fake leg. He said "Damn, if this bug bites my leg, I'm gonna get another fake one. Sparks gonna be flying everywhere!" & we all laughed with him.

He was cool with it, 'cause none of us were making fun of him.

I dont feel bad. I just try not to look. As mentioned before most of the people that are disabled or lost a limb for whatever reason just want to be treated normally. Staring at them is kind of like difference in treatment.

Originally Posted by Mitchellicious

You see a person in a wheelchair and you're walking around like it ain't no thing. I always feel strange and start walking with a limp or something to try and make them feel better.

yup. the worst is when they ask what you're doing later and you know it's activity that they may not be able to participate in.  especially when it's something like going to play a pick up game.. or bowling..

Back
Top Bottom