Anybody else feel like they aint ever gonna get married?

I swear after high school, I threw away any ounce of sentimental/simpish feelings. I feel like I'm done with that part of my life and I have no intentions of ever having a relationship or "talking" to a female like that ever again. Seems like I can get by with just my family, friends, and random no strings attached @*%##.

Relationships dont even seem to be worth the headache anymore, and how could I ever get married knowing that it will most likely end bad. Maybe its cause im still young, but does anybody else feel like this?

Completely agree sadly enough

I don't know what it is either.  I see couples walking around all the time and look at them and generally think "glad that's not me".  I also struggle with the whole idea/concept of marriage (I am not religious at all) and whether or not humans are made to be monogamous or not. 

I also try to tell myself I just haven't met the right girl.  It's hard for me to find a mental counterpart.  Most girls I meet or talk to are generally shallow.  I want some one who is intelligent has a lot of hobbies/interests to bring to the table.  I need mental stimulation to stay with a girl for a long period of time and I haven't been able to find that.

I'm 24 btw if that matters

I was at the park yesterday and this cat whose always balling with us bought a nice looking lady(wearing red bottoms to the park) with him. She sits on the sideline the whole time. Later on his best friend tells me the lady has some big time marketer job for DKNY, and is easily making 80+ a year. Come to find out shes been married for 6 years, but this cat that comes to the park every monday, average cool dude is dickin her on the side. Her husband knows nothing about it, but his wife is coming to the park to watch some other dude come play pickup basketball. i felt complete disgusted by the situation, not knocking the dude at all for dickin her. But the women is married, and will prolly go home and ask her husband "How was your day today honey?".While earlier in the day she was all in another dudes face. Nobody takes marriage serious anymore. $++! is sad. People get married just for the title.

i will marry the women im with bc im confidence and shes everything i want. But still the marriage thing is scary as hell.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Put em up

I was at the park yesterday and this cat whose always balling with us bought a nice looking lady(wearing red bottoms to the park) with him. She sits on the sideline the whole time. Later on his best friend tells me the lady has some big time marketer job for DKNY, and is easily making 80+ a year. Come to find out shes been married for 6 years, but this cat that comes to the park every monday, average cool dude is dickin her on the side. Her husband knows nothing about it, but his wife is coming to the park to watch some other dude come play pickup basketball. i felt complete disgusted by the situation, not knocking the dude at all for dickin her. But the women is married, and will prolly go home and ask her husband "How was your day today honey?".While earlier in the day she was all in another dudes face. Nobody takes marriage serious anymore. $++! is sad. People get married just for the title.

i will marry the women im with bc im confidence and shes everything i want. But still the marriage thing is scary as hell.
ohwell.gif

i hear stories like this all the time... see married people cheating on each other all the time...
ohwell.gif

but i feel the same way  i dont plan on being married either for a long time!
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Sid Nasty

I swear after high school, I threw away any ounce of sentimental/simpish feelings. I feel like I'm done with that part of my life and I have no intentions of ever having a relationship or "talking" to a female like that ever again. Seems like I can get by with just my family, friends, and random no strings attached @*%##.

Relationships dont even seem to be worth the headache anymore, and how could I ever get married knowing that it will most likely end bad. Maybe its cause im still young, but does anybody else feel like this?

QFT
iknowthatfeelbro.jpg

WHO HURT YOU!?!?

Seems like I can get by with just my family, friends, and random no strings attached @*%##. 
Yeah, but think about when you're older. All of your friends marry and you're the only one alone, you'll seem like a lonely loser at 40+. Then you and your family drift apart a little (this happens unless you see them everyday/live with them). I agree that you have to find the right one, but at some point you have to believe that you'll get married.

I sometimes feel that way, and at others, I feel like my lady could be the one.

i've never been able to trust a woman enough to even think about a long term relationship with one, especially marriage. I have always felt like marriage was for suckers, you treat her right, and as soon as you dip out she's getting piped by some clown from her yoga class or sum shhh... and everyone always thinks they're better than the next guy and that it could never happen to them

I'm not gonna close myself to anything and if the right woman comes up and i'm in a mindset. etc, etc. I'd have no problem getting married. the thing that kills me is women and men who have a set age that they plan to get married and have kids by. The way I see it if you plan on getting married by 27, and don't have a current person that you plan on marrying and financial plan/job that can support you, you're doing it wrong. I've had people tell me "oh yea... blah blah blah... married before thirty... blah blah...kids by 32". Without any type of dollar/gf to their name. I don't see me being in the right state of mind to get married anytime soon, and some of these people are no where past me. I mean no offense to any currently married people in their 20's I just think you have to have some experiences and lessons before you try to provide and live with another person.... until you die, or even worse have kids.

All that being said combined with a high divorce rate, and some of the stories I hear on NT/see in the media. I could see myself never getting married.

I felt like that all thru my 20's, only thing i focused on was partying, vegas & the gym lol
Then i met my girl , partying stopped.... vegas stopped & gym stopped hahha

I'm much happier

1. That i met an awesome girl
2. That i have all those crazy stories & no regrets that i didn't "live"
3. Led a full life to this point by amassing chill friends that stuck with partying me & chill relationship me

You need to get a good balance in your life!

Man I ain't trying to pay child support and alimony. If I get married its gonna be racks on racks on racks spent on a prenuptial lawyer

whats the point in getting married? does it make anything else better? besides, i have a lot on my back the weight of the slackers world.

Or maybe the rules of the game have changed? Try being polygamous and see where it goes... Just tell girls you dont plan on being with only her and keep a few women around. You'll be surprised with how women will actually accept this if they actually like you, and if they are actually down AND they want to be monogamous with you, and prove it with actions, then you my friend, have found a good woman.

Now, I'm now saying that's the only way to go about doing things, but if you're feeling like you wont ever get married, what do you have to lose?

If you do something like this, you have to be very straight forward and honest. Honesty is the key to making that type of thing actually work...

Good luck...

Originally Posted by pookieman

WHO HURT YOU!?!?
oh so true... hes angry lol... its gonna get better though big homie, cause i know someone did hurt you just say F it n go on with yo life...it doesnt mean you gotta go act all macho and treat these @%+##+ like garden tools

Back
Top Bottom