anybody else have this problem? AM95 not staying tied???

I have this problem too.

I use some all black jd's from a few yrs. back for my work shoes. I work in a hospital and I'm always back and forth to nursing homes transporting patients. I'm not a germaphobe but when they come untied and I step on them Im like "damn" cuz I have to touch them after I stepped on them on those nasty floors. Its like a routine to tie my shoes and use hand sanitizer immediately after.

I know I should switch but am95 are the most comfortable beaters i know of.

my 95's always come untied.......they have been that way since 95......its the laces......double knots or tucking them inside the shoe is the only way to rock....

Originally Posted by cbfpunch

maybe it's the way you guys tie your shoes that's the problem, not the laces or the shoe itself.

Word. I found this site, changed my life. Not really, but haven't had my shoes come untied in a while.

wow that site just made me realize I have been lacing my sneakers wrong for about 20 years
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
frown.gif

Originally Posted by SenorDragon

maybe it's the way you guys tie your shoes that's the problem, not the laces or the shoe itself.

Word. I found this site, changed my life. Not really, but haven't had my shoes come untied in a while.
This site had me looking down at my feet in the office along with looking at other people's shoes & knots LOL. Checking them off; "Yeah he's cool, whoa she's an idiot, etc"

hahahahaha
roll.gif
, wow I have had this problem with both of my pairs of 95.  I had the Chili ones and they kept getting untied.  I thought I wasn't lacing them tight enough but they still come undone.  After a while I used them for track practice so I had to tuck the laces in the shoes.  While running the laces would hurt the bottom of my feet after practice.  Then I got the Freshwater ones and at work I'm at a desk but got to walk for lunch and I stand a lot some days and they always come untied while I'm walking and my manager walking past me hahaha.

Originally Posted by jbv1

Originally Posted by SenorDragon

This site had me looking down at my feet in the office along with looking at other people's shoes & knots LOL. Checking them off; "Yeah he's cool, whoa she's an idiot, etc"
laugh.gif
.....seriously tho, i been wayyyyy off all these years after checking that site out
embarassed.gif

It is all to do with the laces used for alot of high end nike shoes in 95

Its not that there round its that they contain those small threads of a nylon type material in some cases the 2 colour laces that have the streaks.

Max 95s,Air Max2 Uptempos,Air Max Penny and Zoom 95s all have these nylon smooth type laces unlike soft cotton laces they dont hold they slide apart easily.

The single colour laces tend to stay tied better like the Webbers they had all white no streaks n they stay tied its all about those streaked laces fellas.

Peace
Scottie

I don't tie most of my shoes, but AM95's and AM97's, do get tied when I wear them. I've been using Ian's knot from the site above for YEARS. I haven't had any issues with them becoming untied.
smokin.gif

Even when I double knot mine they sometimes come off. I guess it's the style of laces??

When I was a kid, my Air Bakins wouldn't stay tied for more than 2 minutes on the basketball court lol. To answer OP though, I never had this problem with 95's.

that, and the easily-scuffed white midsoles are my only two knocks on 95s.
yet, theyre easily in my top 5 favs.

Back
Top Bottom