Anybody else kinda out growing rap?

^ Damn, too much real life in that post.

Hip-hop will always be my first love when it comes to music. It’s where my appreciation for music began. On those car rides with my older brother listening to Jigga, Outkast, Big, Pun, Dre, Scarface, etc. Flipping through his folder of CD’s while he drove and directed me on which CD to put in next. It’ll always remind me of my youth. I still listen to rap but I’m not actively checking for new artists like before and although Hip Hop grabbed my heart first, R&B stole it once I began experiencing romance at 13.

Plus rap differs from most genres in that it’s almost exclusively a younger demographic of artist rappers like Jay z are the exception so it becomes harder for me to “relate” to the subject matter.

A lot of older heads we grew up listening to are still dropping fire though.

Bun b
Yo gotti
Meek mill
French
Juvie (new cd is officially dad rap)

I’m also not gonna act like some new rappers aren’t nice. You gotta be careful hating on everything new. That’s how you end up #washed

So if you go to a buffet. Do you say I don't like anything or find something you like? When people say this, it says more about the person.

You can listen to rap from the 80's or 90's or different genres. Continue listening to what you did before.

IMO you never loved it in the first place, it was a fad.

^exactly

i asked if yo was black bc ive noticed a good amount of non-black people usually ride the wave from a young age, up until their late 20's, early 30's and then they go back to bein who they really were the whole time, and start ishin on rap/hiphop.

kid rock
vanilla ice
timberlake
j. lo
miley
post malone

never fails.

you aint "out grow" s*** OP, you simply tried on somethin that aint fitcho a** in the first place.

^exactly

i asked if yo was black bc ive noticed a good amount of non-black people usually ride the wave from a young age, up until their late 20's, early 30's and then they go back to bein who they really were the whole time, and start ishin on rap/hiphop.

kid rock
vanilla ice
timberlake
j. lo
miley
post malone

never fails.

you aint "out grow" s*** OP, you simply tried on somethin that aint fitcho a** in the first place.
this is my favorite comment in this thread lmao

I’ll be 32 in June and for the most part listen to strictly rap and R&B, every so often I go through classic rock phases, but there is extremely little in other genres that interest me as far as new music goes.

I don’t really listen to anything mainstream , and there are a handful of younger rappers who have great content.

Side note, this new Tyler, The Creator album is amazing.

^exactly

kid rock
vanilla ice
timberlake
j. lo
miley
post malone

never fails.

Post Malone **** on rap, and people allowed him back after his second failed country/folk stint :rofl: :rofl:

It's so much hip hop and different lanes of hip hop. It's literally everything for everybody from older hip hop to newer. A lot of people treat hip hop like a costume. They wear it then reach a "I'm better than that" moment. :lol:

Nah you was just drawn to the buffoonery part of hip hop and never expanded on it or deep parts of hip hop never connected with you.

I listen to 70's R&B more than anything and hip hop is the child of that. When understand where the music comes from and the culture you can't "outgrow" it.

I’m under 25 and black and tired of how non original and vapid ****** are...I listen to hella **** from the 90’s-00’s and it’s surreal that a lot of these classics were made by dudes in their 20’s and some even younger than 25 when u catch a line where they drop their age

Obviously there are the meeks Coles and Nipseys and older heads like Hov but 25 and under rappers are all doing the same 3-4 styles of rap...ironic I know bc a few years ago I was in here defending the **** :lol:

Tierra Whack and Smino the only ones who off top of head are trying to do sumthing different-ish. Def a few others but y’all capped out if you don’t see the difference in how diverse rap used to be compared to now on a mainstream ish level. In the 00’s everyone had their own lane even if u was from the same region...Atlanta/The south is literally full of Keed, Baby/Rylo/NoCap and Thug clones right now it’s come down to street politics and OGs using their connections to plug their youngins

It also come down to beats which control how people flow and what pockets they can give u.

I make beats and had to fall back for a minute because everyone really tryna make the same song.

Again this is coming from someone who’s era this is supposed to be

It can get even deeper when u got youngins who are on that borderline and the NBA Youngboy type musical ethos convince them they gotta be a certain type of *****. And that’s how we go from Orlando Anderson to Eric Holder

But OP a messed up by phrasing it the way he did, there’s all different types of rap but that which is the most visible right now is non original as ****...all bout modifying the next man formula right now

At the same time I love weird trash like Tisa Korean....originality is what we need back man

Just my observations tho

nope but i need some new artists to listen to..i dont follow none of the new artists
56334806_137835234001768_1627963517772685044_n.jpg

/thread.

bonus...some other ****** i rock with:

al divino

estee nack crucial and daniel son

rob gates and rigz

mooch

NY BACK ******. the whole northeast is back.

lotta ****** spitting. lotta ****** with a1 production. watch one of these ****** vids on youtube and it'll lead to other ****** you need to check out.

Last edited:
fire front to back:

just listen without skipping a track and then tell me if hip hop is dead.
thats upstate and toronto in this post.
****** holding the torch right now.

Back
Top Bottom