::Anybody Else On NT Have Hyperhidrosis?::

[h3][font=Verdana,Arial]Description of Hyperhidrosis[/font][/h3][font=Verdana,Arial]This condition is characterized by constitutional hyperactivity of the eccrine sweat glands. The disorder may be generalized, consisting of excessive body sweating, or localized, with sweating confined to the palms, soles, armpits, groin, and under the breasts.[/font]
[font=Verdana,Arial]As a rule, onset is in childhood or during puberty. Patients experience a heightened reaction to sweating stimuli such as anxiety, pain, exercise, tension, caffeine, and nicotine.[/font]

This runs in my family. My brother just had his surgery recently to stop the sweating and he says he feels like a new person, but now the otherhalf of his body that didn't sweat before (waist down) sweats a lot because the body tries to make up the lack of sweating up top. His armpits and handsused to literally drip from sweat. If he held a paper for more than 5 minutes it would soak in sweat.

Mine isn't quite as bad with my arms and hands but my face and my waist down sweat a lot. Sometimes while resting on my bed watching TV I'll startsweating profusely for no reason. In the morning when going to class, during the winter I would walk into class drenched in sweat from the little activity Idid walking from the car to class. Also, I would always wait to be the last one out of class because I would leave sweat marks on my seat. It's somethingreally embarrassing and hard to deal with. During the summer, after I shower and get ready to go out once I step outside I start sweating a lot, and by thetime I get to where I was going I feel like I just got done hoopin at the Y. I wake up almost every night with my pillow drenched. I sleep with a fan on orwindow open during winter. It really sucks having this, but I can't afford the surgery and it's not a common surgery in the U.S. I

So does anybody on NT suffer from the same thing? Suggestions or tips on how you've dealt with it? I doubt anybody on here has this, but I figured I'dask.

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

How do you know? Would the doctor have to specifically look for it?

I mean, if you look up all the symptoms for it, you'd likely be able to tell yourself if you have it or not. It varies from patient to patient. Withsome it's major sweating, and with some it's not so bad. All a doctor will do is ask questions and tell you if you have it or not, no medical testshave to be done.

Damn man, thats gotta be tough to deal with. I couldnt imagine sweating that much
ohwell.gif

I dont have it...but i know one treatment is you can go to dermatologist and you can have botox injected into armpits...it like paralyzes the sweat glands orsome crap (I'm serious)

I'm don't think I have it...but I know in the summer, I sweat really easy. Just like you said, after I shower and step outside into the summer heat, Istart sweating even if I'm just walking. Just my head tho.

my hands and feet
thats why i hate shaking hands because
my hands is always sweaty..
and when i write i have a towel in my palm
i hate it

Originally Posted by J SUPER

my hands and feet
thats why i hate shaking hands because
my hands is always sweaty..
and when i write i have a towel in my palm
i hate it

Yeah, this is what brother had. I actually don't sweat at all in my hands, but I know it must be hard to deal with.

Just got prescription deodorant for it last week...sweating too much is not a good look...this needs to go away

I posted this a while back and got no help and flammed for it. lol. Yea it happens under my arms. Leaves a lil wet stain on my shirt. So embarrassing. Drinkintriggers it to. I don't have an oder, just wetness. I've tried everything. Running to the bathroom to whipe off your under ams, it sucks.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

you got the permanent swamp-@%$?
laugh.gif
call it like it is mang...

While you might think you're a clever little fellow, in reality you're not. You sound like a 5 year old child. If you have nothing to contributeother than your corny immature jokes then don't come into my thread.

Originally Posted by seaner23

Face82 wrote:

I posted this a while back and got no help and flammed for it. lol. Yea it happens under my arms. Leaves a lil wet stain on my shirt. So embarrassing.
Drinkin triggers it to. I don't have an oder, just wetness. I've tried everything. Running to the bathroom to whipe off your under ams, it sucks.
smh.gif

dude no lie. go buy some certain dri like right now. you'll thank me. your life will be changed.

Good Look!!!

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

you got the permanent swamp-@%$?
laugh.gif
call it like it is mang...

While you might think you're a clever little fellow, in reality you're not. You sound like a 5 year old child. If you have nothing to contribute other than your corny immature jokes then don't come into my thread.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
little fellow..
eyes.gif

raises hand...in humid MD/DC for the summer, its not a good look. went to my derm and she put me on some aluminum chloride 20% and it did the trick during thefrom January through spring but now its hot and humid and im sweating a lot more. so now im waiting to see if my insurance will clear me for botox but theyhave taken over 2 weeks to get back to my dermatologist.
mad.gif

To help to reduce or eliminate hyperhidrosis of the palms and soles, Drysol can be applied twice daily to the involved areas. This contains roughly 20% aluminum chloride, and is thought to act by altering the sweat-producing cells, and also forming a physical plug within the eccrine sweat ducts.

Back
Top Bottom