Anybody go to Community College for FREE?

in california we have a BOG - (board of government) fee waiver. they pay for all your classes for a whole year. The books come out of your money tho. if yourparents or you dont make that much then you qualify

Originally Posted by young1lex

in california we have a BOG - (board of government) fee waiver. they pay for all your classes for a whole year. The books come out of your money tho. if your parents or you dont make that much then you qualify
If you qualify for EOPS you get books for free too.

I have a son and I was wondering would that help me for going to community college for free?

I qualified for the Bog fee waiver/EOPS and Cal Grants. I got my classes paid for, books paid for, and about 4K a semester of free money.

Never heard of Community College for free but maybe thats cause im from Canada
frown.gif
eyes.gif

Sig check
nerd.gif

I've got friends that end up w/ a lot of etra financial aid money after classes and books are paid for, in CC.
im not real experienced with FAFSA and what not but I think they just claimed themselves as dependent. And of course theres scholarships.

i do, financial aid pays for everything because i'm poor
frown.gif
well i actually get paid $2000 to go so
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by raptors29

I do, but it's because of basketball.
That sounds suspect, because i was just at a friends college orientation, and a dude asked if the school gave out scholarships for sports. thelady said it was illegal for them to do that, This is a city college.. and she said only some type of division schools can do that.
so i highly doubt a community college could do that if a city college cant even do that..
nerd.gif

financial aid FTW!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

they pay for everything, all the fee's,books,classes etc....but it all depends on how much you make and bla bla bla...look into it some more at yourcommunity college.

Originally Posted by eeibaby

I heard you can if you have low income or something, can anyone explain?
There are folks who attend 4 year universities for free and some even got enough money leftover to buy a new car. Apply for Fafsa to see if youqualify or not.

Originally Posted by Whateversclever

That sounds suspect, because i was just at a friends college orientation, and a dude asked if the school gave out scholarships for sports. the lady said it was illegal for them to do that, This is a city college.. and she said only some type of division schools can do that.
so i highly doubt a community college could do that if a city college cant even do that..
nerd.gif
It's only NJCAA D1 that gets full athletic scholarships. That where all the big time JUCO players are. Not every D1 JUCO gives fullscholarships. No JUCO in CA gives athletic scholarships either.

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

I qualified for the Bog fee waiver/EOPS and Cal Grants. I got my classes paid for, books paid for, and about 4K a semester of free money.
i should snitch on you.

Originally Posted by jthagreat

i should snitch on you.
He's not alone. I had several friends who were OG hypebeasts and would use their $3,000 FAFSA check, leftover from tuition, on Supreme Dunksyears ago.
laugh.gif

i should snitch on you.

I qualified for low income working full time. My dad left my mom and she lost her job at the same time so the money I got from fafsa was to help me mom withher mortgage payment she couldn't afford.

I live in Cali and some of my friends get crazy financial aid checks. Every quarter they get like 1600 which pays for class and books.

Originally Posted by Whateversclever

That sounds suspect, because i was just at a friends college orientation, and a dude asked if the school gave out scholarships for sports. the lady said it was illegal for them to do that, This is a city college.. and she said only some type of division schools can do that.
nerd.gif
It's only NJCAA D1 that gets full athletic scholarships. That where all the big time JUCO players are. Not every D1 JUCO gives full scholarships. No JUCO in CA gives athletic scholarships either.
Yup. Thats why NJCAA >>>>> CCC.

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

kids in ROTC, State Guard, Natl Guard go for free or damn near it.

pretty much lol all i have to pay is like 100 dollars for books a month and i use my gi bill to pay for that and keep the extra cash

plus i get state tuition which pays for my whole tuition at my community college
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by young1lex

in california we have a BOG - (board of government) fee waiver. they pay for all your classes for a whole year. The books come out of your money tho. if your parents or you dont make that much then you qualify
Yup, thank goodness too.

Originally Posted by wj4

i should snitch on you.
He's not alone. I had several friends who were OG hypebeasts and would use their $3,000 FAFSA check, leftover from tuition, on Supreme Dunks years ago.
laugh.gif

i know how it works....he messed up the music forum.

Back
Top Bottom