Anybody have experience disputing hits to your credit??

calibeebee

Supporter
What up fambalambs. Here’s the situation. Last year I had to get covid tests for work. Twice. Once was because I was exposed and at the time they made us stay home from work, quarantine, and only return to work with a negative test from an Urgent Care facility. The second test I actually got covid.

Anyways I gave the hospital my insurance. Confirmed I was living at the same address I’ve lived at for the last 5 years. And went on my merry way.

I check my credit report today and noticed it fell 100 points! From 800 down to 700. Did some investigating and it looks like I was charged for those tests and the hospital sent the bills and all collection notices to an old address and I was never contacted via phone or email.

My question is, am I just screwed and I have to rebuild those credit points through time and patience, or can I dispute this somehow and get my credit restored to what it was? Thanks in advance.

How much was it? if it's under 500$ it's going to fall off right about now.

It was AT MOST $100 a test. But that was almost a full year ago. I’m assuming the process was like 3 or 4 months of sending the bills out and a few “final notice” letters, then collection agency letters, and now I’m finally seeing the hit to my credit.

You’re saying that should fall off soon, and I’ll naturally return to the 800’s without having to do anything?

Under $500 they can no longer report going forward.

Whatever you do, don’t pay. And don’t talk to these people on the phone.

Send certified letters demanding they stop reporting the debt because it’s erroneous.

Send letters to all credit bureaus telling them the debt is erroneous.

If that doesn’t work, send more letters, certified of course and tell them to send it back to the health care provider to bill insurance..

It was AT MOST $100 a test. But that was almost a full year ago. I’m assuming the process was like 3 or 4 months of sending the bills out and a few “final notice” letters, then collection agency letters, and now I’m finally seeing the hit to my credit.

You’re saying that should fall off soon, and I’ll naturally return to the 800’s without having to do anything?
Yeah I wouldn't worry about it then, should clear up unless somehow they didn't classify it as a medical bill.

Back
Top Bottom