Anybody here name their kids after an athlete, actor or musician??????

Was named after thee GOAT Houston Rockets player
rejoice (1) (1).png
Anytime we play the Seahawks, I'm calling you Wackeem.

My mom loved the 70’s tv show C.H.i.Ps and had a big crush on Erik Estrada. She ended up picking that name for my younger brother. Funny thing is I met this dude a few years ago while delivering a package to his home (UPS gig). Real cool and humble guy.
1605933460567.jpeg

Even though it’s the most popular name in the world for a Muslim, I was originally supposed to be named Ibrahim , but my father named me Muhammad After Muhammad Ali , even though usually it’s always after the prophet lol
he wanted my last name to be Ali not caring about me carrying his last name but in the end my mom won that battle
my niece is named hailey, they liked the name of Eminems daughter so they picked hailey

kingkoopa kingkoopa

What about athletes that had a strong social impact. Arthur, Ali, Kareem. Is naming a child after those folks viewed as tacky too?

Arthur and Kareem don't make me think of a famous person.

I really wouldn't spend to much time thinking about it, but if you have to explain that your named after a famous person id probably just roll my eyes.

I really wouldn't spend to much time thinking about it, but if you have to explain that your named after a famous person id probably just roll my eyes.

But a parent can name their child "after" someone famous that doesn't have an original name.

Just trying to figure out why it is an issue and why it is tacky.

But a parent can name their child "after" someone famous that doesn't have an original name.

Just trying to figure out why it is an issue and why it is tacky.

Not sure what your not following.

Im not a fan of it.

If your parents named you Johnny Utah thats on them.

I really couldnt care less.

Its like drawstring cargo shorts in 2020.

Not for me, but do you bro.

Not sure what your not following.

Im not a fan of it.

If your parents named you Johnny Utah thats on them.

I really couldnt care less.

Its like drawstring cargo shorts in 2020.

Not for me, but do you bro.

I followed you calling it tacky.

I asked you WHY it was tacky.

Not sure what I am not following since you never explained.

Sure, you don't OWE me an explanation but if you don't have a reason, just say so. :lol:

I followed you calling it tacky.

I asked you WHY it was tacky.

Not sure what I am not following since you never explained.

Sure, you don't OWE me an explanation but if you don't have a reason, just say so. :lol:

Pretty sure I already gave you one.

If you want a late night deposition on the word "tacky" go kick rocks :lol::lol:

I’ve met an Adolf and an Elvis before. Both Black.

🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬
There’s a couple players in the NFL named Raekwon, I always thought that was a dope name.

I had a homie in HS who was named Rakim after the god MC himself.

Stack Bundles name was Rayquon

I hear Kareem/Karim i just assume youre Muslim, not thinking of the ball player.

I hear Kareem/Karim i just assume youre Muslim, not thinking of the ball player.
Correct but I am saying the parent could have very well named their child "after" Abdul-Jabaar.

But there is no way for any outsider to know that unless they are being told.

So maybe the topic should have been naming your child after famous people with UNIQUE names.

Correct but I am saying the parent could have very well named their child "after" Abdul-Jabaar.

But there is no way for any outsider to know that unless they are being told.

So maybe the topic should have been naming your child after famous people with UNIQUE names.

Ok I seee why you were at my neck at every turn last night lol.

Yeah I don't care why you're named John or Sébastien.

But if parents name you Martin Luther and so happen to have the last name King im like 🤔.

Back
Top Bottom