Anybody see "The Thing"?

I never saw the original movie, and the reviews for this one are a little mixed. From what I gathered, seeing the original will probably affect the way you look at this one, so I'm assuming this one isn't as bad as the reviews are indicating. Any suggestions?

Originally Posted by 6 rings MJ

'82!!

I haven't see the new one yet..
Movie's effects still wow me to this very day
sick.gif
eek.gif

Went to watch Paranormal Activity 3, but it was sold out so we had to watch The Thing instead. Idk if it was the disappointment of not gettin into PA3 or what, but I thought the movie was terrrrrible. There was one cool part as the monster started rampaging and attaching multiple people at once, but overall, I did not approve and suggest you just wait til you can rent it.

I saw the original one...my older cousin said told me it was good...and yeah, not planning on seeing this one cuz that one was awful imo lol

huge fan of john carpenters thing, so i went into the theatre with taht bias already
it was ok, nothing great. i appreciated the steps taken to answer some things from the 82 thing
the special effects were better than i expected, but whenever the alien was in motion i thought it looked bad, other than that the alien forms were pretty cool looking and a couple of the assimilation/alien unveiling scenes were cool
the last 20 mins blew, and i didnt like the ending. the post credit bit was cool tho

Back
Top Bottom