Anybody sick of the over use of CGI in movies?

Don't get me wrong some movies CGI is must esp. superhero flicks, but man I cant stand when the developers OD on CGI
smh.gif

Like Im not even that huge of a fan of transformers and the other day I was watching incredible Hulk on tv and I turned that @**# off, come on man, 2 CGImonsters fighting eachother for 20 minutes...its so dumb to me.

I mean I understand it for a split second like someone gets thrown into a wall so you barely notice, or just go the extra mile like my man speilberg in savingprivate ryan, could have easily used CGI when the soldiers got their limbs blown off but *little fun fact* most of the soldiers were amputees with prostheticsso when their arms and legs got blown off it would look realistic

Or C.Nolan barely using CGI in dark knight, alot of people think that truck that batman flipped frontwards was CGI but that @**# was real
CGI saves time and money but come on keep it too a minimum, I remember watching one of the matrix movies and Neo was fighting a whole bunch of guys in suitsand for like 2 minutes they they completely turned his whole body into CGI, I was in there theater just sitting there like
23qxms3.jpg

/rant

PS: the new Terminator looks like trash
tired.gif

You should check out that new hannah montana flick.
No CGI was used and it was actually pretty good.

I agree. It gets to the point of cartoonish like in I am Legend. I didn't even feel like I was watching the movie at some points, more like a bad ResidentEvil.

Originally Posted by jerseymizzle

Originally Posted by de PHX Jose

Well, what do tyou expect? How many people can dress up as Incredible Hulk
grin.gif
Lou_Ferrigno_old.jpg
This is why CGI is needed. That was acceptable in the 70s and 80s.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

tired.gif
I definitely agree with you Crank with the OD of CGI in cinematics, but theres just some things that cant be done without it. I feel you on therehaving to be an extent of the way its used.
Not trying to start a debate or argument or any of that other nonsense.

Spoiler [+]
But I for one, am really excited about this. From Salvation, done through CGI...

Originally Posted by CalvinJohnson

You should check out that new hannah montana flick.
No CGI was used and it was actually pretty good.

i hate that paparazzi DEUCHE at the end with the tounge out

Originally Posted by Jiffyl00b

tired.gif
I definitely agree with you Crank with the OD of CGI in cinematics, but theres just some things that cant be done without it. I feel you on there having to be an extent of the way its used.
Not trying to start a debate or argument or any of that other nonsense.

But I for one, am really excited about this. From Salvation, done through CGI...
did you just spoil the movie
alien.gif

I'm more upset with the over abundence of 3D in recent films, what is this 1956? Are they gonna start showing up in Smell-O-Vision soon?

Originally Posted by Jiffyl00b
did you just spoil the movie
alien.gif
Sorry man, I put it in the spoiler thingy for a reason...plus, you said it looks like trash so I assumed you werent goin to see it
laugh.gif
. Sorry again.

i bet you right after this you gone to be like %$%% this im going to watch the new terminator

I don't see where CGI was needed in the Dark Knight so mentioning how they didn't use it is irrelevant. It's Batman not an actual superhero withpowers.

Back
Top Bottom