Anybody Work at a Car Dealership?

So I'm looking at jobs for the summer...and a dealership is hiring for:

"Duties: Clean and detail sold new vehicles, stock in vehicles, lot organization andmerchandising."

I should know, but what's detailing?

So I got an interview for this detailing job on Friday morning.

Anybody ever work at a car dealership...I know they'll likely be different questions, but what kind of questions do you think I should be ready for?

Also, you think a dress shirt and dress pants is good to wear?

extensive cleaning.

youre basically trying to make the car spotless inside and out, it should look and smell as close to new as possible when youre done.

Thanks
smile.gif

dealership detailing ain't real detailing. it's just making it pretty so the customer drives off the lot happy and spraying some extra 'new carsmell'.

I don't think they hire rocket scientists to do this so it shouldn't be too difficult to get the job, and they'll train you.

Its not that hard just try and make it look good so the costumer that's buying it will be happy

Originally Posted by davidisgodly

How much does that pay?
it doesn't say what the pay is...i'd probably say $8-9, not really sure i guess.

it has the exact hours you work every week lined up already though, so i could work 2 jobs for the summer, which would be nice.

Originally Posted by infamousod

dealership detailing ain't real detailing. it's just making it pretty so the customer drives off the lot happy and spraying some extra 'new car smell'.

I don't think they hire rocket scientists to do this so it shouldn't be too difficult to get the job, and they'll train you.
+1

Real details, on average, cost 300+.
Dealer details are complementary.

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

How much does that pay?
it doesn't say what the pay is...i'd probably say $8-9, not really sure i guess.

it has the exact hours you work every week lined up already though, so i could work 2 jobs for the summer, which would be nice.

Which dealership?

Definitely looking for an '02, '03, or '04 Subaru WRX Impreza STi, with the gold stock rims.

nerd.gif

Originally Posted by soltheman

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

How much does that pay?

Which dealership?

Definitely looking for an '02, '03, or '04 Subaru WRX Impreza STi, with the gold stock rims.

nerd.gif
laugh.gif
better slow downnnnn, i JUST applied.

I worked over at Honda for about a year washing cars. One of my duties was also detailing, but that took about an hour and a half to do. I was paid 9 bucks for2 door cars, 11 for 4 doors, and 13 for trucks/suvs. I only worked 4 hours a day and averaged about 500 bucks every 2 weeks. Could listen to my ipod andeverything.
smokin.gif

Back
Top Bottom