Anybody work for AT&T or have a hook up?

I'm on a family plan right now and I wanna get on my own contract and get an iphone. None of our lines are eligible for an upgrade and they wanna charge mea termination fee for $125 just so I can start a new contract with them. This doesn't make sense to me since right now they only make $15/month off me orsomethin, and if they allowed me to do what I wanna do, I'd be payin $75/month (after my discount through work). I'm not gonna drop $400 on the iphoneand I def. don't wanna drop $125 just to get out of my contract. Anyone with AT&T on here that can help me out? It would be greatly appreciated.

Hell, I just want a damn way to get around that stupid @+# $500 deposit.
bf926b72601b46930cd50523c948d7d727d02060.gif

nah our options are limited the only thing you can do is go into a corporate store and sign a transfer of service agreement and get on the phone with customerservice and the account holder to separate the account and put it into you custody in order to avoid the early termination fee.

unfortunately the iphone is the only phone were the pricing is completely firm no amount of wiggling or whining will get you a lower price.

Ya, I can get my Dad on the phone and he'll tell them to get me off the family plan.

So you're sayin I wouldn't get the iphone for $200 even though I'd be starting a new contract?

Originally Posted by Late80s

unfortunately the iphone is the only phone were the pricing is completely firm no amount of wiggling or whining will get you a lower price.

so you're saying if i try hard enough they can lower the price of the phone i want (not an iphone)?

I just wanna pay the new contract price for the iphone since i'd be signing a new contract

I dunno why they wouldn't do this. It's more money for AT&T.

Originally Posted by Baller23217

I just wanna pay the new contract price for the iphone since i'd be signing a new contract

I dunno why they wouldn't do this. It's more money for AT&T.

is it really? i thought they lose money initially with a contract but they make it back by keeping you on a contract. thats why theres an ETF. idk though,thats just what i thought.

its not a new contract youre merely moving your number and existing contract to be under your own name.

i think the deposit is for people that dont have enough credit....thats what verizon told me when i tried to open a new contract

Originally Posted by FlyingEMU05

so you're saying if i try hard enough they can lower the price of the phone i want (not an iphone)?

nah i not saying that at all, like for example sometimes we get friends and family card, there are vip offers, or in really really extreme cases a real big$@*# up can get you a discount, those are all valid on every phone in the store except the iphone.

sometimes it just depends on the phone and whether its probably old or not, ive seen people get 2-300 dollar phones for free

Late80s wrote:

nah i not saying that at all, like for example sometimes we get friends and family card, there are vip offers, or in really really extreme cases a real big @@$% up can get you a discount, those are all valid on every phone in the store except the iphone.

cool. do you know if corporate stores can do premier upgrades? or do i have to call customer service to do that?

Late80s wrote:

nah i not saying that at all, like for example sometimes we get friends and family card, there are vip offers, or in really really extreme cases a real big @@$% up can get you a discount, those are all valid on every phone in the store except the iphone.

cool. do you know if corporate stores can do premier upgrades? or do i have to call customer service to do that?

do you pay the bill or does the company?

+*##. dude at the store told me i couldnt do it there i swear he seemed like he didnt want to do his job, im going back there to flip out on him. thanks forall the help though late80s.

its not a new contract youre merely moving your number and existing contract to be under your own name.

Nah. It's a new contract. Think of it like this: If I just keep the same thing as now, they have me as a customer for another 14-16 months at $15/month.What I wanna do is start a new contract that keeps me with them for another 2 years (paying $75/month)....it's dumb for them to not let me do this. If Idon't sign up for a new contract with them I'm gonna have the option to leave AT&T when this contract expires. If they let me get the iphone, theykeep a customer for an additional 10 months or somethin... I'm willing to get a new number and everything.

If anyone could hook it up with a Samsung Impression for less than what they wanna charge, I'm paypal ready..

Not saying its gotta be free, but they're lookin' to zap me for 350 even though my upgrade comes in December..
smh.gif

can anybody help me out? i need to get on that iphone. i don't even have text messaging right now...i'm desperate.

can anybody help me out? i need to get on that iphone. i don't even have text messaging right now...i'm desperate.

you really need to wait until a line can get an upgrade and THEN get the iPhone. I pay $50/month with internet, unlimited texting, and then I share someungodly amount of minutes on a family plan. NO WAY am I ever getting off this
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by eLNiNo4530

you really need to wait until a line can get an upgrade and THEN get the iPhone. I pay $50/month with internet, unlimited texting, and then I share some ungodly amount of minutes on a family plan. NO WAY am I ever getting off this
laugh.gif

I'm gonna look into how much is left on the family plan contract...i think my line on the family plan is like $10 or $15 a month...so if it works out toless than the termination fee i'm just gonna walk up like a new customer comin off verizon or somethin.

new contract, $200 iphone, n new number.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom