anyone a member of DirectBuy?

Discussion in 'General' started by kix2mny, Dec 29, 2009.

1. kix2mny

kix2mny

I finally bought a stove and a fridge but now I'm looking for some furniture - I saw the Ikea post a while backed and I decided to stay away from that stuff (I purchased their stuff before and I'm not too pleased). I went to Bob's last night I was impressed with their selections and the prices were nice. I saw an ad on TV for DirectBuy and I was wondering if anyone ever buy anything from them before. They operate sort of like a Costco/ BJ - you have to be a member

2. nawth21

nawth21

One of my bosses is, it works well if you have thousands and thousands of $ in repairs/upgrades that need to be done. but for just furniture and stuffyou're better off hitting the New Year sales at furniture places.

3. solewoman

solewoman

did you go with the ones i recommended from bestbuy?

4. prurientsole

prurientsole

This.

My parents became members and have regretted it every day since. What they're paying for a yearly membership outweighs the "savings" on the fewitems that they've purchased thus far.

However, the catalogs make for a good laugh. SOOOOO much ugly furniture in there.

5. kix2mny

kix2mny

SoleWoman - I went with the stove and decided to keep the microwave I had in college. Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction (Sears).

What are some good sites to figure out what colors to paint my bachelor pad? I started to watch HGTV for some design ideas.