Anyone Collect Sports Cards?

been on NT since 2001.

still dunno about bots. Realistically how much do these things run? Guaranteed?

From my understanding the good ones will cost you several thousand dollars in the aftermarket because the odds of acquiring one of those at the regular price is next to impossible. But that's not all. There's associated renewal fees and you also need to regularly buy proxies. I'm sure there's other people on NT who could break it down further for you. I was tired of taking Ls and considered getting one many moons ago, but after doing my research it really doesn't make much sense to purchase one just so you can up your odds of procuring personals

Most bots you pay to own it, and then pay a monthly / quarterly fee. That keeps the developers working on it, so they dont just take their money and run.

As MambaForever MambaForever mentioned, there is a lot more that goes into it besides the bot itself. You have to buy proxies, usually a mix of residental and others. Then you have to buy "cured" gmail accounts if it is a site that has captcha. Then you have to literally mix and match and tweak a bunch of different profiles and CC to ensure that you don't get flagged for multiple purchases. And set your timing so that it keeps refreshing every 1, 0.1, 0.0001 seconds etc. whatever you decide. But the more often you refresh a link, the more GB of your proxy data you use up.

In addition to all of that, its a cat and mouse game. Sites can adjust their settings to block bots if they recognize the patterns, so Bot A might work this week but after a website update - it no longer works, and a different bot figured out a workaround. Target started clipping bot orders, so everyone is trying to figure out the next bot that works best.

Someone school me on NBA Top Shot and tell me why it's a bad idea for me to pull my wallet out rn

Most bots you pay to own it, and then pay a monthly / quarterly fee. That keeps the developers working on it, so they dont just take their money and run.

As MambaForever MambaForever mentioned, there is a lot more that goes into it besides the bot itself. You have to buy proxies, usually a mix of residental and others. Then you have to buy "cured" gmail accounts if it is a site that has captcha. Then you have to literally mix and match and tweak a bunch of different profiles and CC to ensure that you don't get flagged for multiple purchases. And set your timing so that it keeps refreshing every 1, 0.1, 0.0001 seconds etc. whatever you decide. But the more often you refresh a link, the more GB of your proxy data you use up.

In addition to all of that, its a cat and mouse game. Sites can adjust their settings to block bots if they recognize the patterns, so Bot A might work this week but after a website update - it no longer works, and a different bot figured out a workaround. Target started clipping bot orders, so everyone is trying to figure out the next bot that works best.

welp.....nevermind lol thanks for that breakdown my bro

Someone school me on NBA Top Shot and tell me why it's a bad idea for me to pull my wallet out rn

I tried to see it but failed. Apparently there is a market (because people are spending money) however, you are essentially buying highlight clips.. but you dont own any of it. You just stake claim, on that particular platform. Maybe once the user base is big enough.

Try it out and report back, Im prob sleepin

here is a thread that goes more into it. def looks like people are makin money: https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=1415428

Last edited:
been on NT since 2001.

still dunno about bots. Realistically how much do these things run? Guaranteed?
I don’t k ow much but what I’ve seen on Twitter some cost like 5k? And people saying they’re gonna continue to climb in value and price

I have been collecting cards since 1987, but this is just not for me. I see what they are trying to do, but to me it's just completely different and more of a money grab.

I don’t k ow much but what I’ve seen on Twitter some cost like 5k? And people saying they’re gonna continue to climb in value and price

Cheap bot could be as little as $150 (+ monthly fee). Top bots can be over $10k. Its almost all based on their (recent) success, though. Some bots are good for shopify sites (Kith, most sneaker boutiques, etc.), some are good for Footsites (FTL, Champs, etc.), some are good for big box retailers (Target, Walmart, Best Buy, etc.), some for Supreme, etc.

ScottBot is a commonly known bot that works for the big box stores, and its value went up during all of the PS5 drops because they were hitting consistently. But I think they're kind of not so hot right now, as they haven't been as successful on more recent drops (like cards).

You can also rent bots out instead of buying them, weekly / monthly, but you would still need a pretty strong computer (or run virtual via AWS server) and still have to **** around with all of the proxy, gmail, etc. bull****

Target was more strict this week but still was able to grab a decent haul
587895CD-3AE0-46F7-B809-D990B4AF430E.jpeg

Whoa, there's Chrome Update Series?!?! I need to look for that and maybe build that set.

Left some contenders gravity feed packs this morning.

looked searched and this location I’ve seen a known searcher/weigher go through gravity feeds.

Whoa, there's Chrome Update Series?!?! I need to look for that and maybe build that set.

I struck out at couple WM's this morning but my Target stocked and had these.

Only thing is this Target limits to 1 per person! I opted for a Hoops Premium blaster

Someone bless us please. Still no retail boys

Damn my sons bday is Saturday so the blaster I got today will go to him but next week I'll try to grab you one my g.

I have a WM that is limit 2 that hasn't stocked in couple weeks and now this Target, that's 1 per.

I personally haven't ripped anything since last year. Couple stragglers I copped went to my boys but I did cop some megas on ebay recently too. Keeping those for me lol

Left some contenders gravity feed packs this morning.

looked searched and this location I’ve seen a known searcher/weigher go through gravity feeds.

Target had Contenders blasters today too but I grabbed a Hoops instead

Btw I'm putting the Hoops Premium stock set together in silver so if any yall rip any and have any silvers lemme know. I have a lot of the bigger cards already but still need a couple, plus all the damn the commons

NBA Prizm retail will be a bloodbath.
Can't even imagine NFL, NBA, MLB next year with TLaw, Cade, Suggs, Wander and their deep classes...
2022 NBA Donruss hobby getting $1.5K??
Still wondering if I'm going to see Series 1 available for retail or to preorder.

With all the scamming on Ebay and other platforms I have decided to sell some cards through a 3rd party.

I have only done this like 3-4 years ago.

If you have sold more recently, what has been your experience? Which company did you select? Did you as an auction or fixed-price?

Back
Top Bottom