Anyone Collect Sports Cards?

Fml. Bron rookie chrome came back a 8. Def cracking and re subbing. Was hoping to get a 9 at best.

luka silver came back a 9

bright news to soften the blow, the one card I didn’t expect gem.

Patrick Mahomes optic red yellow holo came back a psa 10.

nice On the Mahomes - what’d you think on the Lebron chrome initially? I’m looking for one at this time as well but super hard to legit base it off online photos.

just a few questions that came to my mind this morning, when you guys are buying graded cards:

-is there a grade you stay away from? (ie: won't buy an 8 or lower, only 9 and above)
-if you see a specific lower grade of a card/player you collect but its a good price, do you pass on it?
-If its an older card are you ok with a lower grade?

Asking as I have been big in collecting comics and when I buy graded comes these are things I think about and consider and wondered if anyone does this with their card collection when buying.

10s hold so much value if I can afford the 10 I'm gonna try to grab it. I love 9s too though they are def the best value. Especially from an actual condition standpoint, there isn't much difference between a 9 and 10. I buy mostly modern cards though. So I try to stay with 9s and 10s. 8s generally sell for less than a raw card. I havent purchased any 8s but I was considering it for a Lebron rookie. Ultimately decided against it.

That said, for older cards I wouldn't put any minimal limit on it, 8s might be perfectly acceptable and the only thing affordable sometimes. I havent bought anything old really but if I did I would get whatever grade I could afford. I'd take a Jordan rookie 6 or 7, for example.

2 months ago, these are somewhat affordable in PSA 9/BGS 9, waited too long so raw copies are all I could afford. Going to PSA this week.

7752A96A-404A-475E-8CF6-BF699C800067.jpeg
nice man. i remember having a small collection of kobe’s when i was in highschool. checked the prices on these and i’m shell shocked! just want 1 kobe rc for my collection.

Picked up a prestige blaster at target this AM. Nothing great, there was burrow rookie, but I PC eagles so could be worse. :lol: Dawkins is our favorite player in this house, he was part of the inspiration for naming my son Brian.

BFFC84AA-2F02-4801-AB0E-38B7251126A8.jpeg

Man this is wild.

Gonna start day trading cards instead lmao. I thought a SGA Prizm Silver PSA 10 was overvalued (and I sold it) but after a game, MPJ is over 1k also. I like the player but one game.

Man this is wild.

Gonna start day trading cards instead lmao. I thought a SGA Prizm Silver PSA 10 was overvalued (and I sold it) but after a game, MPJ is over 1k also. I like the player but one game.
I wish I could short. :lol:

clearly lots of money to be made though. I’m not mad. I made over 20k when all was said and done on p2020 cards and I still have my sets. :smokin that’s the only time I’ve really sold cards for real profit though. Most of the **** I collect is always (monetarily) worthless :lol:

Man this is wild.

Just checked and looks like the regular MPJ base prizm rc is up to $60-ish

I have like 10 of em. Picked up a couple lots n prob paid $10/pop on average. I know its low dollar but the the returns on some of these cards in the past month are crazy.

Lebron rookie market is nuts.

But to think it’s still growing. Anyone prefer the Topps collection action shot over the base Topps?

Not even sure if TSLA was around back then, but again my young, dumb self wouldn't have had the foresight to do that

Back
Top Bottom