Anyone Collect Sports Cards?

Spectacular closing
Shout to my guy nyrican23 nyrican23
he LaMelo ooped me the intel that allowed me to cook one last time. Pics forthcoming
A16EB094-BC58-4001-B09D-FE9B4F66A645.jpeg

So whats this all about? Just buying ordinary trading cards for upselling?

Why is this a trend now?

So whats this all about? Just buying ordinary trading cards for upselling?

Why is this a trend now?
Collectibles X nostalgia X corona = heavy demand > supply

Not everybody is flippin but Target is selling boxes that cost $20-$50, that are worth 3-5x that once you exit the store

Collectibles X nostalgia X corona = heavy demand > supply

Not everybody is flippin but Target is selling boxes that cost $20-$50, that are worth 3-5x that once you exit the store

Gotcha. Something else that will die out in a couple months.

sup guys...it has been a while. Been working overseas the last few months. Finally back in the states again since Monday. Got the call from my homegirl that they are putting everything 19.99 and under out Thursday morning. This Target is a high volume store so they get a lot of product. I split with another dude that was there. They couldn't put out the mega bowman and nfl chronicles. Those products are getting shipped back to excell.

But ended up getting 2 bricks of Prizm nba, a few hangers and packs and ufc.

Took us forever to check out since the machine is still 1 sports per transaction lol. I didn't mind wait cause it will be my last big hit a target.

Couldn't go to where the vendor was going today so my buddy ate at both stores. 12 ufc blasters and 6 soccer fat packs at both stores. No one was there and he bought them all. Employees a both stores were trying to stop him saying it is 1 sports per transaction and the machine will lock up. He was like no it will not lock up if you scan more than 1 ufc, hockey, soccer or nascar (he knows the regional manager and talked to him about it already). the employees followed him to the self check out to see if it will lock up after he scans more than 1 ufc and it didn't. They were all shocked lol.

But this is my haul from yesterday's store

h.jpg

edit: forgot the select packs
i.jpg

sup guys...it has been a while. Been working overseas the last few months. Finally back in the states again since Monday. Got the call from my homegirl that they are putting everything 19.99 and under out Thursday morning. This Target is a high volume store so they get a lot of product. I split with another dude that was there. They couldn't put out the mega bowman and nfl chronicles. Those products are getting shipped back to excell.

But ended up getting 2 bricks of Prizm nba, a few hangers and packs and ufc.

Took us forever to check out since the machine is still 1 sports per transaction lol. I didn't mind wait cause it will be my last big hit a target.

Couldn't go to where the vendor was going today so my buddy ate at both stores. 12 ufc blasters and 6 soccer fat packs at both stores. No one was there and he bought them all. Employees a both stores were trying to stop him saying it is 1 sports per transaction and the machine will lock up. He was like no it will not lock up if you scan more than 1 ufc, hockey, soccer or nascar (he knows the regional manager and talked to him about it already). the employees followed him to the self check out to see if it will lock up after he scans more than 1 ufc and it didn't. They were all shocked lol.

But this is my haul from yesterday's store

h.jpg

edit: forgot the select packs
i.jpg
:nthat: :nthat: :nthat: nice haul! Mine wasnt as Prizm heavy but I was able to secure some Select and Chronicles

Was wondering what happened to you famb

My honest opinion is that Target stores were probably getting sick and tired of dealing with the lines, crowds, ;questions, calls, etc. for cards. Then that scuffle ensued and they probably just talked to Excel and used it as a good excuse to just move all inventory online

Definitely a respnse to the gun thing. These companies are reactionary and they know they dodged a nightmare. Yeah Im sure they were tired of a lot of it but the actual suspension of in-store retail is Target completely removing the opportunity of somebody potentially getting killed, based off the action of that one dude/group of dudes.

Its entirely a liability thing. I said a couple weeks ago that I give it 2-3 weeks until we hear about a gun, and then that'll be it.

Gun incident happened last Friday and by this week, finito.

They honestly had no other choice but to suspend things.

Wild thing (and i don't know if its true) but I read the dude that pulled the gun was like 2nd in line and he let his homies cut in line 5 min prior to open

I guess the dudes behind him, confronted him and he pulled the glizzy

Bots rejoice

Edit: found the screencap
Screenshot_20210515-105856_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
It was building for weeks. Think that gun incident pushed it over the top.

Target and Walmart were sick of people loitering in the stores waiting for cards. That and people opening them up. When they were on shelves, you'd always see packs just ripped open.

The best method I saw was that once the vendor gets there they take names and numbers for a digital line. Everyone waits in the car and then they text you when it's your turn. No one allowed to wait in the stores.

Wild thing (and i don't know if its true) but I read the dude that pulled the gun was like 2nd in line and he let his homies cut in line 5 min prior to open

I guess the dudes behind him, confronted him and he pulled the glizzy

Bots rejoice

Edit: found the screencap
Screenshot_20210515-105856_Chrome.jpg

Something similar happened to the Target by me. Dudes in front would keep a "list". Then all of a sudden from 7:30-7:55 people would come out of their cars and get their spots in line from the "list". Target security watched on cameras and came out and said something.

Are graded cards still a thing? I like to get a few hockey cards graded. Is it worth it? Some of my collection from the past.

Attachments

• 20210517_164809.jpg
    20210517_164809.jpg
    373.8 KB · Views: 19
  • 20210517_164909.jpg
    20210517_164909.jpg
    356.5 KB · Views: 20
  • 20210517_165501.jpg
    20210517_165501.jpg
    339.7 KB · Views: 25
  • 20210517_165700.jpg
    20210517_165700.jpg