Anyone Collect Sports Cards?

That purple refractor looks sick! I like the color match too bad it got graded an 8.

I feel like the graders have been overwhelmed and been giving 8-9s more often lately

Always wondered this, i thought breakers buy through the same channels we do just at a larger scale because of the funds available
When they first start I would say that, but you see the difference when they start to get cases of product(s).
I have been rocking with Mike and his wife over at https://ratedrips.com since their first break on ig. He went from buying out everything in local stores to leaving his job as a cpa to getting cases and having his own card show. Not saying he is one of the big breakers, but I have been along his journey from the start and saw the transition at each level.

Side note: He has a CRAZY Lebron collection

Copped a $20 Topps Champions League blaster off Walmart online last week, not bad! :pimp: wont lie tho I saw the Bayern logo before anything else and thought I had a Lewa :lol: ill take a Kimmy all day tho

/150
967BF7AC-8944-4566-9B76-D74B23BFB394.jpeg

Last edited:
Just go on target.com they have full stock on there. Ordered like 12 last week. Came in last night

Edit, I lied. They are sold out. They have been up
For weeks prior.

Could one of you dudes explain to me why I saw two middle-aged white dudes smack each other up over some DC comic cards yesterday?

Was tryna see if Walmart sold Cabo for a game night, and when I get to the games section it was looking like January 6th.
To follow up on this

Had to make a run to Walmart early this morning and when I got there, there was a big commotion at the front of the stores.

An employee was buying a ton of those DC cards, and a customer noticed and flipped their ****.

Cops were called to get the customer out the store. Mans was doing too much, do t feel store for ole boy because he probably was just looking to flip them too, but it is kinda ****ty for WallyWorld to let their employees do stuff like that.

I am not up on what the hell is going on in y'all hobby. But it seems like it is not good.

To follow up on this

Had to make a run to Walmart early this morning and when I got there, there was a big commotion at the front of the stores.

An employee was buying a ton of those DC cards, and a customer noticed and flipped their ****.

Cops were called to get the customer out the store. Mans was doing too much, do t feel store for ole boy because he probably was just looking to flip them too, but it is kinda ****ty for WallyWorld to let their employees do stuff like that.

I am not up on what the hell is going on in y'all hobby. But it seems like it is not good.
I didn't even know they released a line DC trading cards. But I found a description:

Hro Hybrid DC Unlock the Multiverse Chapter 1: The Batman offers you the opportunity to collect up to 155 unique pieces of iconic art from DC's comic book history spanning from its inception in the 1930s through the release of The Batman (2022). Each physical trading card is minted and connected to a 1:1 digital NFT twin.
Maybe that's why the dude was hoarding it?

To follow up on this

It is literally no different than what people do with shoes

Do you all prefer buying blasters and hobby boxes to rip packs or buying graded cards of players you want to collect?

I just got back in and prefer to rip packs, buddy of mine brought up a point about putting that $ towards cards i want to keep.

Wanting to build up a Trevor Lawrence collection. Also trying to get some Ja Morant. Thinking about going all in on Trey Lance.

Just had an argument with a coworker, so naturally I come right to this thread to talk to you guys.....

........soooo y'all know that a piece of a jersey isnt a patch right? I thought this was common knowledge, but apparently it isnt. A patch is a patch, and a jersey is a jersey.

I always thought a patch was a jersey with multiple colors on it and a jersey with a plain one color. But then I see the term RPA (rookie patch auto) on cards with one color(basically a napkin) referred to as a patch auto.

But I’ve seen ppl refer both as the same thing. I hear multi colored patch, but I never hear multi colored jersey.

I always thought a patch was a jersey with multiple colors on it and a jersey with a plain one color. But then I see the term RPA (rookie patch auto) on cards with one color(basically a napkin) referred to as a patch auto.

But I’ve seen ppl refer both as the same thing. I hear multi colored patch, but I never hear multi colored jersey.

A patch is what is on top of a jersey. A piece of a logo, numberplate, nameplate, etc. Its possible that a patch can be one color, but it still needs to be a patch. I see people say RPA all the time when the P they think they have is actually a jersey. Thats not a patch auto. Thats a jersey auto.

Just had an argument with a coworker, so naturally I come right to this thread to talk to you guys.....

........soooo y'all know that a piece of a jersey isnt a patch right? I thought this was common knowledge, but apparently it isnt. A patch is a patch, and a jersey is a jersey.

Wait so what is a patch? I thought it was piece of jersey that was cut off

Yea I just never ever hear anyone say Rookie jersey auto lol. But I get it. I’ve seen the top products such as flawless and national treasures releasing their true “rpa” cards have one colored jersey on it. So I guess it depends who u ask lol.

Patch auto:

3f693a7d-347a-4487-bce1-62ea5ad8ba01_800x.jpg

Jersey auto:

klay-thompson-2012-13-panini-gold-standard-rc-bgs-9-autograph-basketball-card-jersey-rookie_174_1200x1200.jpg

People do use the two interchangeably, but they are not correct. Especially with RPAs.

ah so "patch" is a piece of the embroidery on the jersey and "jersey" is a piece the actual jersey material, makes sense

never realized there was a difference, what's the point lol. is one more valuable than the other?

Back
Top Bottom