Anyone else a hard-working lazy person?

If i get up the motivation to do something, I do the hell out of it.. but with most things, I have a hard time getting started.

It's a weird situation... like, i know some guys who goto the gym all the time but they mostly just stand around, don't really work that hard. Whereassomebody like me has a hard time getting the motivation to goto the gym, but once you get me there, I bust my +*% til I can't any longer.

What's with that?
nerd.gif

yeah that's definitely me. I procrastinate like a mug but when I finally get around to something, I go hard (pause)

OMG THATS MEEEEE

i only do things when i know i can - and when i do it i do it 1000000000000%

i'm really lazy

people with that type of personality find it hard to get started because they're aware of all the energy thats going to be spent on the task .. if you knowthat you're gonna go all out each time you try.. youre more likely to get burnt out and the motivation to start again decreases

This explains me top to bottom lol. If I can just get up and going, I feel unstoppable. That is my biggest flaw. Plain and simple. Self motivation and keepingconsistent.

Originally Posted by jeyel

people with that type of personality find it hard to get started because they're aware of all the energy thats going to be spent on the task .. if you know that you're gonna go all out each time you try.. youre more likely to get burnt out and the motivation to start again decreases

enh, i dunno about that. sounds like some made up mumbo-jumbo by a wanna be psychologist... I enjoy working hard on stuff, i'm just pretty lazy and have ahard time getting started.

Of course everyone is going to say that theyre like this.
laugh.gif

Almost everyone finds the motivation to do things that they enjoy and are passionate about. On the flip side, they just don't have the desire to do thingsthey don't want to do therefore its viewed as being lazy.

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

people with that type of personality find it hard to get started because they're aware of all the energy thats going to be spent on the task .. if you know that you're gonna go all out each time you try.. youre more likely to get burnt out and the motivation to start again decreases

enh, i dunno about that. sounds like some made up mumbo-jumbo by a wanna be psychologist... I enjoy working hard on stuff, i'm just pretty lazy and have a hard time getting started.
No wait! Jeyel is right. Well for me at least. I think about all the work that goes into something and I get burnt out from thinking about it. Ahman I do that with gym stuff always
laugh.gif

Yo Jeyel, how do I solve this?
embarassed.gif

Wow...I thought it was just me. My laziness usual comes from the necessity of the task or my overall interest level

Originally Posted by Durden7

Of course everyone is going to say that theyre like this.
laugh.gif

Almost everyone finds the motivation to do things that they enjoy and are passionate about. On the flip side, they just don't have the desire to do things they don't want to do therefore its viewed as being lazy.
Except it's not like this at all.. i seriously work hard at ANYTHING i have to do.. whether it's pulling weeds, or running on thetreadmill.. i just see no point in doing anything half-way.

So it's not a matter of what i'm passionate about.. even many things i enjoy doing I put off all the time.

Quit trying to tie us all into something...

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

enh, i dunno about that. sounds like some made up mumbo-jumbo by a wanna be psychologist... I enjoy working hard on stuff, i'm just pretty lazy and have a hard time getting started.
No wait! Jeyel is right. Well for me at least. I think about all the work that goes into something and I get burnt out from thinking about it. Ah man I do that with gym stuff always
laugh.gif

Yo Jeyel, how do I solve this?
embarassed.gif

laugh.gif
@ the wannabe psychologist.. i guess it was overly wordy .. but theconcept is still true..i wish i knew how to solve it cause im the same way.. ive been working on it though.. the best way for me is to pace myself..

like when i first started running.. i would run 2-3 miles a day .. but ended up giving up after two weeks. so about 2 months ago i started running 1 mile/twicea week and added a mile every 2 weeks.. im up to 5 miles now and its really helped me stick to a routine

Back
Top Bottom