ANYONE ELSE CHANGE THEIR MIND ABOUT 808s & HEARTBREAK?

i got to admit that i was hating hard on 808s when it came out.. must have gave it 3 spins and still didnt like the majority of the album. i kept it on theipod though and after a couple of months its grown on me a lot..

i still dont like the last 4 tracks though.
laugh.gif

I still can't get into it. Seems like a lot of people force themselves to believe that Kanye is an uber-artist for his expermentation on this LP. It'shorrible, and there is no genre that it fits in. I still can't believe the OG thread here in the music forum where some dude said the album was so powerfulit moved him to tears...
smh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by jeyel

i got to admit that i was hating hard on 808s when it came out.. must have gave it 3 spins and still didnt like the majority of the album. i kept it on the ipod though and after a couple of months its grown on me a lot..

i still dont like the last 4 tracks though.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
embarassed.gif

I was hating HARD on the cats that was like "this is the most important piece of music in the last 2000 years." while I dont agree with that, itdid grow on me alot. Especially after the VH1 special.

i hated the majority of it during the first month. I thought Robocop was literally one of THE worst songs I've ever heard...now its
glasses.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I still can't get into it. Seems like a lot of people force themselves to believe that Kanye is an uber-artist for his expermentation on this LP. It's horrible, and there is no genre that it fits in. I still can't believe the OG thread here in the music forum where some dude said the album was so powerful it moved him to tears...
smh.gif
laugh.gif

yea right?
laugh.gif
...damn i wanna see that post lol

I still can't get into it. Seems like a lot of people force themselves to believe that Kanye is an uber-artist for his expermentation on this LP. It's horrible, and there is no genre that it fits in. I still can't believe the OG thread here in the music forum where some dude said the album was so powerful it moved him to tears...
smh.gif
laugh.gif
yes

Originally Posted by LifeLessons

i can listen to the whole album except the last track

pimp.gif

I love this album.

Rap has ya'll all #$@#'d up. Ya'll can't enjoy good music with a HUMAN meaning behind it but instead run to topics that 90% of fans have neveror will never experience.

Lyrically there is no question Kanye has regressed from album to album but production wise he has pushed the envelope in so many ways sonicaly and redefiningthe landscape of hip hop.

You have respect the production work on 808's it may not be your steez necessarily but the audacity of it is a breath of fresh air.

smh.gif
laugh.gif

A lot of people?
indifferent.gif
What are you reading? There was/is PLENTY of hate for 808s and so called 'new Kanye' .

I liked it a lot more initially, now I only listen to Paranoid, Robocop, and Streetlights

smh.gif
laugh.gif

i understand where you're coming from.. i kinda felt like people were forcing themselves to like it..

i cant really explain it but i really liked welcome to heartbreak after i saw the video.. and then robocop grew on me cause of the last part where'ye's " you spoiled little LA girlllllllll" .. same thing with paranoid.. it definitely grows on you the more you listen to it.. but i wontforce myself to listen to it till i like it.. thats probably why i still dont like the last few tracks on
the album

It really grew on me. I think I took a long trip a couple months back and it was the only cd I had. After that, I had a newfound appreciation for it.

Take Love Lockdown for example, fat blowed out 808 baseline, creeping piano line, static infused distorted vocals and then a thundering tribal drum line comesin.
sick.gif

As a producer I can't help but respect it.

smh.gif
laugh.gif
eek.gif
wow really
laugh.gif

but other than heartless and amazing i cant get into it either

Originally Posted by iHateTimeDotCom

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

Originally Posted by LifeLessons

i can listen to the whole album except the last track

pimp.gif

I love this album.

Rap has ya'll all #$@#'d up. Ya'll can't enjoy good music with a HUMAN meaning behind it but instead run to topics that 90% of fans have never or will never experience.

its not even that... dudes talkin about the lack of lyrics like he's supposed to b singing punchlines or something...
my point exactly. What the hell is up with ya'll?

Obviously somethin in his life happened for him to change the direction of his music. If I recall correctly, Good A__ Job was supposed to be his fourth album.But Moms passed and his relationship went sour, and plans changed. This changed the inspiration and influence of his music. I appreciate when an artist makesmusic from true inspiration instead of what people want to hear. Although the lyrics didnt hit as hard on this album, I can feel the passion more through theproduction. And I think it was intentional.

Nonetheless, It did take a bit longer to grow on me than his other albums, but it has always been appreciated. Robocop is my favorite track on it.

Still can't bring myself to enjoy this album, the production is great but I just can't stand the vocals.

pimp.gif

I love this album.

Rap has ya'll all #$@#'d up. Ya'll can't enjoy good music with a HUMAN meaning behind it but instead run to topics that 90% of fans have never or will never experience.
I agree 100%, Classic album that most of y'all cant appreciate because he not sayin' no crazy punchlines and soul samples. Good music isGood music at the end of the day (pun intended)

gets me angrier everytime its addressed.

He should have given it to Cudi. album was a GREAT idea, too bad Kanye didn't realize he can't sing.
Award-winning, multi-platinum PRODUCER that doesn't know how bad a whole album in AUTO tune sounds?...

Originally Posted by Thousandaire

pimp.gif

I love this album.

I agree 100%, Classic album that most of y'all cant appreciate because he not sayin' no crazy punchlines and soul samples. Good music is Good music at the end of the day (pun intended)
For me it has nothing to do with it not being a "rap" album. I listen to and can appreciate all kinds of music and thisauto-tune $!%% doesn't fly with me, show you got the real talent to sing instead of resorting to this robot crap to make you sound better,

Back
Top Bottom