Anyone else find Ben's Chili Bowl EXTREMELY overrated??

I know the historical significance of the restaurant...but let's talk about the food...their chili/other food is horrible. Since Obama went there a fewmonths back, it's now become even more of a marquee tourist stop....anyways, the best chili IMO in the DMV is Hard Times....their chili actually has flavor(Texas ftw). Who's with me on this?

i do not agree..
turkey dog well done with veggie chili and onion with large ice tea please...

i want to go there soon..
obama was there, so im guessing its goo goo goo good goo good

Been a few times, usually when my parents visit because they LOVE the chilli dogs. Last time I had it, i threw up 5 minutes later. It doesn't taste toobad, but 6 bucks for a hot dog? Really? It's beyond overrated.

edit* F*** Fenty

Im with you on that...line be stupid long and the food is no where near as good as it use to be. Something is different in about that chilli.

Breakfast be on point tho

ray's hell burger is the truth!....and was looooooong b4 Obama decided to pay it a visit....

Food wise Ben's is highly overrated, but that's the case with alot of these landmark food spots. The same goes for Pat and Geno's in Philly. It's more so about the historical aspect of visiting these places.

I like Uncle Bens much better and I hate Uncle Bens.

Call me crazy.

Boston Market? Yes please.

^
Now Boston Market is overrated.

laugh.gif

Most bland, non-soul "soul" meal you can get...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

I like Ben's but I know why people find it overrated. But Ray's Hell Burger is the truth.

is that the young kid golfer from hawaii in your avy?

Havn't been in at least 5 years. Every time I consider going the line is out the door with white people
grin.gif

Rather just walk another block and hit the Taco bell/KFC

Originally Posted by Punchi05

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

I like Ben's but I know why people find it overrated. But Ray's Hell Burger is the truth.

is that the young kid golfer from hawaii in your avy?
Nah, it's Anthony Kim. I think he grew up in Texas but went to OU for golf.

i love ben's chili bowl.......the hotdogs and chili hits the spot after a night at the club.....definately not overrated!

Used to be on point until it got all that publicity a few years ago. Pops used to take me to that joint all the time. He knew Ben back from when pops went toHoward.

Originally Posted by lavan emanuel

Oohs and Ahhs is good. Expensive though.

None of it is any good for you though.
Tru. i feel my heart clogging at the end of every meal
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom