Anyone else find it cool that...

The value of OG 12's is so low? Well, I mean so low that if you look hard enough you can find DS pairs for retail plus shipping on eBay? I had alwayswondered why the value of such great quality OGs was always so modest. What do you guys think? A thick, sturdy, simple, GREAT looking shoe can be found brandnew or very near deadstock for at or under retail, while modern day hypebeasts are shelling out hundreds for the newest JB retro creation. Its awesome, andtruly shows where the shoe game currently stands. I just can't bring myself to spend $200+ on something new from JB when amazing quality kicks withlegitimate history behind them can be found at great deals. I know this isn't exactly a revelation but its something thats truly still cool about JordansIMO.

Really? If you can show me, I'll believe it.

I can't even get the Retro Blk/Red or OG pair for less than $230.

I'm talking auctions as well. You can definitely get DS OG XII's for $200 shipped give or take on ebay. Start watching lots of auctions. I'veseen plenty go for cheap.

how much did OG XII's retail for when they released? definitely not $200.. so ur a lil off on ur first statement of
"Well, I mean so low that if you look hard enough you can find DS pairs for retail plus shipping on eBay"
and then you bump it up to
"You can definitely get DS OG XII's for $200 shipped give or take on ebay"
c'mon homie.. your not makin any sense.. you show me some OG XII's for retail and i'll buy them no question.. and i think everybodyelse on NT would to..

Depends on the color. The White/Black (NOT Taxi's) and Black/Red can sometimes be found for cheap (I don't know about retail + shipping though...unless the shipping is like $35-45 because they're from one of the guys in Taiwan, haha). But all the other's (Taxi's, White/Red,Obsidian's)... no way you're getting those for under $210 (and that's a deal there).

i've seen ds retro black/red 12's go for 180 shipped before
seen ds og taxi 12's go for 195 shipped
seen ds og white/red 12's go for 199 shipped

i agree wit the thread starter...wasn't the retail price 150? just a bit over retal + shipping... 200 total in most cases is NOT bad at all and is prettyclose to retail + shipping as he stated. esp. when prices of cg 3's or 4's go for 200 too...they are quality as well but not og colors as the 12'sare.

jus watch on ebay u'll see urself.

thats wats up
smokin.gif

To me the price for XII's has risen past couple years...

In '05 I posted a pair of DS OG Taxi XIIs in the Buy & sell forum for 200 shipped and peeps were tellin' me good luck getting that price...

Since then, now that it's been a couple years since retroing XII's, the OG's I see are getting better prices.

I bought a pair of DS taxis for $140 (shipping included), that was my first pair of OG's I ever bought
pimp.gif

point blank I have gotten two pairs of XIII in the past 6 months for retail plus shipping on Ebay

the Wheats
pimp.gif
and the Grey toes
pimp.gif

both were no more than 150 shipped, check my history...
roll.gif

Heck Yeah it's tight! I just copped some Playoff XII's for $140 shipped....VNDS!!! It seems as though you can find some good deals on a lot ofJ's now days. Aside from VI's(unless they're low's), Grapes & Fire red V's, IV's, III'sand I's--There's no decreasingin value on those. But I've copped so many J's recently for either right at retail or well below retail. And it's funny because at this rate,I'll be able to complete the Countdown Pack combinations(Some of them anyway) for a max of about $230. For the more expensive og's/retros, I'llmore than likely purchase the packs. But yeah, why pay for an inferior product, as far as asthetics go, when you can get a deadstock pair that still has asmuch life left as what's coming out. I guess the only other reason is to have more of the OG colorways. Who am I kidding, I'll still be coppin my fairshare!
laugh.gif

Yeah, the point I'm trying to make is that its still cool that classic good quality shoes go for cheap right under our noses while everyone else ispreoccupied with the latest hyped retro.

How many of you all went on ebay and looked for em? i know i did and i bet tha majority of you all did too. lol.

Back
Top Bottom