Anyone else get the feeling that Denver is in LOVE with the BIRDMAN..because he's WHITE??

fans just love energy players

turiaf
birdman
ben wallace (back in the days)

Birdman making all kinds of noise now thanks the Lakers

roll.gif

How in the world did this no talent white guy make the dunk contest?

http://www.youtube.com/v/BieL_YOzQkI&hl=en&fs=1

these type of posts make me sick...this is the most idiotic thing i have read... stop playing the race card... u are just trying to make a statement and causecontroversy.... u fail...... god..... the intelligence level of this post is probably at the level of myself... when i was unborn......quit trying to becool....

and btw... even chauncey billups said birdman was his favorite player.... even his daughters said the same thing... so hop off and ban urself

Nah. He's a character but comes off like a regular guy who made some mistakes and has his !$@% together now.

Plus...he's an energy player.

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

You're dumb. I'm black and I love Birdman. CA-CAAAAW!
I LOL'ed.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JR Paperstacks

Originally Posted by High Class Scum Bag

shut up...ppl love him because he's different, he hustles, plays hard, provides energy and he's a overcome a drug addiction that kept him out of the league for 2 years....
Pretty much.

even if they are rooting for him because he's white, who cares.

for all we know, they could be rooting for someone they relate too someone theyre familiar with, someone they share somethign in common with...

but its the same way all u dudes who never played or followed golf root for Tiger Woods, or how yall be pullin for Venus & Serena , so really whats thedifference?

I don't agree with the OP but I do think JR Smith needs to tone it down a bit if the nuggs are to win. He had a great game 4 but the series ant over yet sodon't behave like it is.

Originally Posted by eddiehouse5

why don't you guys take the blinders off, denver loves birdman the same way...

- boston loves scalabrine
- ny loves david lee
- minnesota loves mark madsen Brian Cardinal

i can on and on here, people love to cheer for under dog whites.

Fixed
smokin.gif

boston loves scalabrine
Boston fans used to make fun of and taunt Scalabrine as early as this season.

Denver also loves JR Smith when he gets it rollin, so whats the difference?

Its not like many people in that crowd can relate to Birdman anyways b/c after being white, i think the similarities end there.

Hes a different cat and people love his hustle... straight up
pimp.gif

Being white does play a part however, people would love him no matter what because of how he plays.

He's white Ben Wallace IMO.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

It's hard to say whEther they love hiM just because he's whIte. But let's face it, it doesN't hurt whEn a white guy is decent in soMething where there are lots of black people.

I think its funny how no one had commented on it.

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

yeah that made me crack up^

white people on NT are mad sensitive. There is obviously some truth to what the OP said... Especially with players like scalibrini and madesn

Originally Posted by Marv Machamp

You guys are being naive...

Dude does his thing, but he gets way more love in Denver for being white. Sorry.

I mean dudes dressing like him, making signs and cut-outs. Just because he brings "energy" please!

Dude sticks out like a sore thumb on that team.

In a league dominated by African American Males you can't deny he gets put over that's the way it go's.

No Hate just sayin.

agree..they like him cuz hes white. I like dude too i aint white im asn.\_/

Originally Posted by needsomejays

they actually brought this topic up on espn first take this morning.

no one saw this???

i wonder if there is a clip of this somewhere.

I don't even know why some of yall are offended.

yall acting like there is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY they like him is because he's white.

y'all living in a dream world.

Nope. They love him because he hustles, has a distinct look, and is an inspirational story.

Birdman is involved in the 2 best things in the game (argueably). Swatting shots and dunking.
Being white probably helps. But its the swag...

Back
Top Bottom