Anyone else having major issues with their Firefox Browser...

I think I unknowingly dled the most recent version and this ishh is seriously ruining by browsing experience. All by bookmarks have been wiped out and worseyet, the bookmarks I had embedded in my toolbar are all gone--meaning now, I have to literally type in an address to visit a site whereas before, I couldleisurely click the site name on my toolbar and be there in an instant...
mad.gif
mad.gif
...yes I'm very mad...

I've been reading some guides online in an attempt to identify the problem but nothing seems to work--especially considering that, every time I close mybrowser, all my changes are undone yet again. I'm using version 3.5.6 btw.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I noticed a slowdown but I just restarted it and it was fine. Thats the only problem I've had with the newest version.

I dont know what to tell you, im actually running that version and didnt have those problems. Weird..

The only problem I have is that videos skip for a few seconds every now and then. Gets real annoying.

Honestly I don't even rock with Firefox like that anymore.

Only for browsing NT and other forums.

Opera and Safari for everything else.

My book marks folder is seriously empty...

And as I said earlier, all my damn tabs are gone as well...

Earlier I was so pissed that I dl other browsers just to spite firefox (yeah--I know--
ohwell.gif
) damn dammit, they all suck. Chrome blows, Opera blows, and I just cant bearto deal with Safari...

This is not fair at all--
smh.gif
smh.gif
frown.gif

Have you tried restoring your bookmarks?

Under your history there should be that option, this has happened to me before and I was able to get them back.

Firefox has been acting up for me since yesterday.

It crashes everytime I try to open it.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Have you tried restoring your bookmarks?

Under your history there should be that option, this has happened to me before and I was able to get them back.

Yup...tried that...in fact, that was one of the first things I did. Now while it restores the folders in which my bookmarked contents were placed in, thecontent itself is missing. So essentially, I just have empty bookmark folders...which is clearly of no help to me...

Everything happens for a reason right...maybe this is God trying to tell me to spend less time on the web, and more time reading books...
ohwell.gif

Still though, $%^#&...
mad.gif
mad.gif

Can't you just rollback your FF or do a system restore?

This actually did happen for me with FF once when I did an update like two years ago and I ended up starting from scratch to get back my bookmarks.

Is your history also gone? If not you'll have to get your bookmarks back the old way.

Originally Posted by Nyota de la star

Will restarting the computer make a difference?

Nahhh no difference...i've restarted my comp. quite a few times already and nothing happened.

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Can't you just rollback your FF or do a system restore?

This actually did happen for me with FF once when I did an update like two years ago and I ended up starting from scratch to get back my bookmarks.

Is your history also gone? If not you'll have to get your bookmarks back the old way.

What do you mean a "system restore"...are you referring to like a "time-machine" system restore?

I guess I could do that, only problem is, the last time I backed up my system via my time machine was sometime lastyear...around May...
laugh.gif
...so yeah, a system back up wont do me much good.

It's cool though. I've slowly come to accept the situation for what it is...it's not that big of a deal, even though it is...
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom