Anyone else hoping for a Cavs/Nuggets Finals?

Originally Posted by denverairforce

^this guy (referring to westcoastfinest)...

"you're definitely not a fan of the NBA if you actually think a cavs/nuggets finals is more intriguing than a kobe vs. Lebron matchup image"

the television tells you what to like, doesn't it? I think a true fan of the NBA is somebody who knows what they like, period. you could want a magic vs. rockets final and be a true fan in my book. truer than all these fly-by-night laker fans who wouldn't have claimed the lakers to save their lives 3 years ago...

and Kobe would be fighting for his first ring, eh? wow, you're a true fan of the NBA guy.
i know you're not challenging my Laker fanhood homie
sick.gif
...i had another sn (caLiwestcoast1) ask any Laker fan out there ive posted after a Laker loss and oh ive been a Laker fan since showtime...i wasrooting for them even with ceballos running it...i dont think ive ever seen you around here until now (let alone i was gone for a minute)...but where were ulast year when we played you guys in the 1st round

two of the best players matching up in the finals...a battle of the last two MVPs fighting for their first ring?

i was referring to the melo and Lebron matchup...i admit it was a typo forgot to add the words "is it" before those two sentences...if you reallythink idk that kobe has 3 rings you're crazy
sick.gif

Melo vs. Lebron

Kobe vs. Lebron

Kobe vs. Pierce II

Melo vs. Pierce

I believe regaurdless this years playoffs have been crazy and the Finals would be a good show!

Personally, I want to see LeBron and Kobe go at it (pause) with everything on the line. Wouldnt want it any other way.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

If the Cavs and Nuggets make it to the Finals the storylines are endless. LBJ vs Melo. Veteran All-Star PG (Chauncey) vs young All-Star PG (Mo Williams). Both teams have really good, long frontcourts (Nene, Kenyon, Birdman or Z, Varejao, Joe Smith?
sick.gif
). IMO you have two teams who are having great seasons, play great team basketball, both can play uptempo, one would rather keep the game low, one is willing to go into the 120's, JR Smith, Delonte West, it sounds like a good time.

I'm sorry, but as a fan of the NBA, I won't mind the Mavericks losing, I know the Nuggets are a better team, and I don't really want to see Cavs VS Lakers, it just doesn't intrigue me as much as a Nuggets/Cavaliers match-up.

Come on now, Melo and LeBron fighting for their first ring?!
pimp.gif

you're definitely not a fan of the NBA if you actually think a cavs/nuggets finals is more intriguing than a kobe vs. Lebron matchup
laugh.gif
...you dont mind the mavs losing?...well dont worry about minding it they will lose tonight (although i want the mavs to win the series)

two of the best players matching up in the finals...a battle of the last two MVPs fighting for their first ring?...c'mon the debate is kobe and lebron this and that...denver and the cavs storylines?
roll.gif
NO!
laugh.gif
...BSPN/FSN/CSN/newspapers will be all over this matchup
laugh.gif
roll.gif
...you Laker haters are ridiculous...open your eyes and stop being blind seriously now LEBRON VS. KOBE...its like the 1993 finals i was pulling for a barkley vs. jordan finals...that was a battle between the reigning MVP in chuck and the 92 MVP in mj
pimp.gif

i dont hear anyone talking about melo even being in the same breath as wade/kobe/Lebron
Cavaliers/Lakers is the NBA'S intriguing storyline, not mine.

Trust me, I want the Mavericks to win this series, I really do, I have from game one, but I'm being realistic that we're more than likely, especiallynow, going to lose. Honestly, now, I'm probably more of a huge fan of the NBA in general, but I just don't care to see Lakers/Cavaliers, at least notyet. It's not a matter of me hating the Lakers, I LOVE Kobe, I like the Lakers, I wanted them to win last year. You just assume if you don't root forthe Lakers, or you say something in favor of another team, you're a Lakers hater, that's part of the problem with part of the Lakers fanbase here.

If you don't think Carmelo will be in the same League as LBJ, and Wade for the rest of his career, you're silly. Especially if he has a PG likeChauncey who's around him for the next 3-4 years.

I don't know, I just like the match-ups a lot more when if the Cavaliers have to face the Nuggets. Who guards Chauncey if you're the Lakers? MoWilliams is a much better match-up for Chauncey than Fisher or Farmar. Say what you will, but Mo will make Chauncey work.

Kobe VS LeBron would be alright, that's the second Finals I'd like to see, but I'd rather see another team come from out of the blue like theNuggets did and try to take down a title.

Because honestly, IMO, two studs from the same rookie class battling for their first ring in the Finals is a dream.

I'm not asking you to agree with me, but to see the possibilities.

At first i wanted a Houston vs Orlando, Dwight Vs Yao...but now i'm rootin for a Nuggs Vs Cavs...As long as the Fake Show aint in it i'll be happy.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

If the Cavs and Nuggets make it to the Finals the storylines are endless. LBJ vs Melo. Veteran All-Star PG (Chauncey) vs young All-Star PG (Mo Williams). Both teams have really good, long frontcourts (Nene, Kenyon, Birdman or Z, Varejao, Joe Smith?
sick.gif
). IMO you have two teams who are having great seasons, play great team basketball, both can play uptempo, one would rather keep the game low, one is willing to go into the 120's, JR Smith, Delonte West, it sounds like a good time.

I'm sorry, but as a fan of the NBA, I won't mind the Mavericks losing, I know the Nuggets are a better team, and I don't really want to see Cavs VS Lakers, it just doesn't intrigue me as much as a Nuggets/Cavaliers match-up.

Come on now, Melo and LeBron fighting for their first ring?!
pimp.gif

you're definitely not a fan of the NBA if you actually think a cavs/nuggets finals is more intriguing than a kobe vs. Lebron matchup
laugh.gif
...you dont mind the mavs losing?...well dont worry about minding it they will lose tonight (although i want the mavs to win the series)

two of the best players matching up in the finals...a battle of the last two MVPs fighting for their first ring?...c'mon the debate is kobe and lebron this and that...denver and the cavs storylines?
roll.gif
NO!
laugh.gif
...BSPN/FSN/CSN/newspapers will be all over this matchup
laugh.gif
roll.gif
...you Laker haters are ridiculous...open your eyes and stop being blind seriously now LEBRON VS. KOBE...its like the 1993 finals i was pulling for a barkley vs. jordan finals...that was a battle between the reigning MVP in chuck and the 92 MVP in mj
pimp.gif

i dont hear anyone talking about melo even being in the same breath as wade/kobe/Lebron
Cavaliers/Lakers is the NBA'S intriguing storyline, not mine.

Trust me, I want the Mavericks to win this series, I really do, I have from game one, but I'm being realistic that we're more than likely, especially now, going to lose. Honestly, now, I'm probably more of a huge fan of the NBA in general, but I just don't care to see Lakers/Cavaliers, at least not yet. It's not a matter of me hating the Lakers, I LOVE Kobe, I like the Lakers, I wanted them to win last year. You just assume if you don't root for the Lakers, or you say something in favor of another team, you're a Lakers hater, that's part of the problem with part of the Lakers fanbase here.

If you don't think Carmelo will be in the same League as LBJ, and Wade for the rest of his career, you're silly. Especially if he has a PG like Chauncey who's around him for the next 3-4 years.

I don't know, I just like the match-ups a lot more when if the Cavaliers have to face the Nuggets. Who guards Chauncey if you're the Lakers? Mo Williams is a much better match-up for Chauncey than Fisher or Farmar. Say what you will, but Mo will make Chauncey work.

Kobe VS LeBron would be alright, that's the second Finals I'd like to see, but I'd rather see another team come from out of the blue like the Nuggets did and try to take down a title.

Because honestly, IMO, two studs from the same rookie class battling for their first ring in the Finals is a dream.

I'm not asking you to agree with me, but to see the possibilities.

i respect that...but you're talking storylines i just think the Lebron/kobe is a little bit more of a storyline than anything...its good for the league andfor sports...its similar to the 1997 bulls and jazz finals...im a Laker fan so i wasnt much of a bulls fan and i hated i mean i hated the jazz but the bestplayers at the time being jordan/malone in the biggest stage for the ultimate prize was definitely a marquee matchup
pimp.gif
...who are the best players right now?...kobe and Lebron

Back
Top Bottom